Brypink...Question About Zapco Amp

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2006, 09:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bartak1
So you got your own private island too?
I wish. I'm in the military and station on island off the SoCal coast. I fly out during the week and fly home for the weekends. Ocassionally, I have to pull duty and stay for a weekend too.

Old 04-11-2006, 10:39 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Ahhhhh I see. Sounds exciting.

5 pages

Old 04-12-2006, 06:09 PM
Ahhhhh I see. Sounds exciting.

5 pages
It's not.

Old 04-12-2006, 09:06 PM
Originally Posted by brypink2
It's not.

Haha, oh.

Soooo.....this tread is kind of dying off.......

Anyway, I saw the UPS truck today on my way home (about the only time the UPS truck is out around here is when I order something ) so I got pretty excited and thought it might be the Mag. Im not sure if it was or not; I sent it to my buddies house and I havent talked to him yet today. Probably not though, seems a little to early for it to be here.

EDIT-Dconder, in a different thread I see you said you had an Undercover on your truck. Im wondering if you use anything special to try to keep it shiny? Or do you just wash it and leave it? Mine used to almost match my truck it was so shiny, but now its faded some. Ive never tried to shine it up any, I wouldnt even know what to try.

Last edited by Bartak1; 04-12-2006 at 09:47 PM.
Old 04-12-2006, 10:24 PM
Haha, oh.

Soooo.....this tread is kind of dying off.......

Anyway, I saw the UPS truck today on my way home (about the only time the UPS truck is out around here is when I order something ) so I got pretty excited and thought it might be the Mag. Im not sure if it was or not; I sent it to my buddies house and I havent talked to him yet today. Probably not though, seems a little to early for it to be here.

EDIT-Dconder, in a different thread I see you said you had an Undercover on your truck. Im wondering if you use anything special to try to keep it shiny? Or do you just wash it and leave it? Mine used to almost match my truck it was so shiny, but now its faded some. Ive never tried to shine it up any, I wouldnt even know what to try.
Yeah, a little bit, but it'll pick up.

I'm trying to buy some IDMAXes and those Alpine SPX-177As. Still in the bargaining phase and waiting on emails.

I need to trade my 4 ohm 9.0 for a 2 ohm, AGAIN. I can never make up my mind. LOL

Old 04-12-2006, 10:40 PM
You trying to get the Max's new or used? Or are they all still on backorder new? I seem to be seeing a bunch of them on CA.com lately for sale.
Like I said before, be sure to let me know what you think of those Alpine Type X's when you get them.

I put a Wanted add up on CA and a member said he had a D5600.2 for sale. He hasnt got back to me about it though yet. Ill probably end up with that.

There is a blown SI Mag on Ebay for 85 bucks too. Send it in and have it reconed for 150ish bucks. Im tempted. Two Mags Plus it would be like 230ish bucks for pretty much a new Mag.....

Old 04-12-2006, 10:49 PM
You trying to get the Max's new or used? Or are they all still on backorder new? I seem to be seeing a bunch of them on CA.com lately for sale.
Like I said before, be sure to let me know what you think of those Alpine Type X's when you get them.

I put a Wanted add up on CA and a member said he had a D5600.2 for sale. He hasnt got back to me about it though yet. Ill probably end up with that.

There is a blown SI Mag on Ebay for 85 bucks too. Send it in and have it reconed for 150ish bucks. Im tempted. Two Mags Plus it would be like 230ish bucks for pretty much a new Mag.....
Contact SI first to make sure.

I don't care if the MAXes or new or used. I wanted the ones on Ebay...but got outbid...I didn't really try I guess. The other ones I'm looking at are from CA.com. He claimes they have only been played for 5 hours...the pics look good.

The guy with the Alpine X's is kinda flaky...not sure if I will do that purchase, but will see. The ones he has are brand new...old stock I guess. Will let you know, if I get them.

BTW, where the heck is Doug? LOL

Old 04-12-2006, 11:01 PM
Yeah I suppose I should see exactley what it would cost first lol. I just remember them saying 150ish I think.

What exactley is the difference between the 177A's and the 177R's? The R's are the newer ones, correct? What else is the difference?

Maybe Douglas got lost somewhere in the 5 pages, lol.

Last edited by Bartak1; 04-13-2006 at 05:56 PM.
Old 04-12-2006, 11:38 PM
Yeah I suppose I should see exactley what it would cost first lol. I just remember them saying 150ish I think.

I see a pair of Type X's on Ebay here-
http://cgi.ebay.com/ALPINE-SPX-177A-...QQcmdZViewItem
Dunno if that would interest ya at all, just thought Id post them up.

What exactley is the difference between the 177A's and the 177R's? The R's are the newer ones, correct? What else is the difference?

Maybe Douglas got lost somewhere in the 5 pages, lol.
I just got PO'ed w/ someone over in the '04-'06 forum about military members!

Anyway, yeah...the R's are the newer ones. The SPX-177A's are from like 2002. I haven't looked at the comparison, but alot of people have said how much better they were than the ones now. I also remember hearing them back then on a SB and really liked they way they sounded. I've been kepping my eye on those on Ebay...and now everyone else will too. LOL

Definately, check SI first.

Yep, I think Doug got lost.

Old 04-13-2006, 08:57 AM
Sorry, guys. I have not been pulling my weight to keep the thread going. This new house thing has me pulled in one too many directions. Trying to get the whole house audio system all mapped out. It is about as difficult as deciding which stuff to put in the vehicles. Although less choices and more money.

Let's see where to start:

First, Bartak, I just wash my Undercover. It is only about 6 months old and I have not noticed any fading yet. Of course, my truck being Dark Stone, if it does fade a bit, it might match better. I do love it though. Looks great and it is so lite. Takes 5 minutes max to take it off.

As for the vehicles, I have not really done much. My second Zapco 3.0x is supposed to be here today but again, the Mustang is still 2-3 weeks away. And now, it might all be for not as my Sis and I are considering selling the Stang. It kinda gets in the way here at the shop and it hardly ever gets driven. I do not think I ever told you all but, we won it in a raffle in January of 2005. But, don't let anyone tell you that it is a free car give away. Uncle Sammy got about $8k in taxes and if we sell it, we have to pay tax on that as well. The car cost $21k new and if we have sold it then, we would have ended up pocketing around $7k. That's not bad but, sucks considering we won a $21k car. So anyway, we still have not decided for sure on it.

With gas prices going crazy, the wife drives the Pilot every day, since the truck sucks it down like nobodies business so, I have not got to do any tweaking with the H701 in it. It needs some serious help. My truck system just blows it away right now.

And about the only thing I am considering in my truck is switching the Kenwood DDX-7015 to the new DDX-6019 with the bigger screen, fewer buttons and the biggie, direct touch screen DVD control. Something I love on the Alpine D310 and hate not having on the 7015.

So, if we decide to sell the Stang, you will probably see the entire system up for sale in the next month. Eclipse CD5444, the two Zap amps, Diamond coaxials and Arc 12" sub. I hate to do it but, we will see.

Old 04-13-2006, 11:45 AM
Ok, I know its not Ford related but, it is still audio. I am kicking around replacing the Diamond Hex's in my Pilot. They just are not cutting it for whatever reason. Maybe even the 100 watts is not enough for them. But, in my opinion, it should be enough for comps. I need some thoughts on what to replace them with. I tried Boston Pro's before I got the Diamond's and the Diamond's were better. But again, I think a power issue. I am thinking about something that will mount as a coaxial. Like the ID Chameleons or CDT Braxial. The 6.5" Chameleon is too freakin big. I use to have a set and the magnet is gigantic. Any thoughts.

For what's its worth, the Hex's just sound weak. The 5 1/4 Rainbow Contours in my truck quite frankly blow them away.

Old 04-13-2006, 05:55 PM
Originally Posted by brypink2
I've been kepping my eye on those on Ebay...and now everyone else will too. LOL
Lol, woops. Ill aaaa, edit that out so 5 million more people dont see it lol.

Dcon man, all that money and now you might sell the Stang? Id keep it. I spose it is just another way to spend loads of money that you should be saying though with the stereo, then the wreck and what not. Its still cool though. Id keep it just so I could say, "Yeah.....I won it"
Ive heard the Hex's in a shop owners vehicle before and they did seem a little weak. Not what I thought they would be, Im not sure what he had for power to them though.

Old 04-13-2006, 05:58 PM

Edit-Came from the logoless batch in case you were wondering.

Old 04-13-2006, 07:09 PM
Anywho, Just got it today at about 2:30. The box had a whole tore in it with half the motor sticking out of it. I blame UPS and the damn person that packaged it. UPS always treats stuff like crap, plus it was in a box about 14x14x14 inches with crumpled up news paper around it The back of the motor it pretty scratched up and I think it was from delivery. But its doesnt look like anything is really wrong with it performance wise. Both coils check out at 2.6 ohm, nothing falling off. If it wasnt for the gasket, which is all scratched up, and the back of the motor it would be about like new.

Thing is built like a tank. Has to wieght like 30 lbs I swear. The VC on this thing is HUGE too.

Enough of that though. I ripped the AA Atlas's out right away and stuck the Mag in. 1.88 Cu.Ft. before driver displacement. Its getting 300 watts off my Diamond D5600.1, and this thing will already pound. ALMOST as loud as my 2 Atlas's (you can tell a little bit of difference though) and SQ is right up there with the Atlas's. I think the Mag sounds a little better. This thing gets LOOOW though. Ive only messed around with it for about 15 minutes, but I will be out all night in the truck testing it out. I just cant wait till I get a 1200.1 on this thing. 1400 watts and this thing is gonna be nasty

Old 04-14-2006, 07:44 PM
Anywho, Just got it today at about 2:30. The box had a whole tore in it with half the motor sticking out of it. I blame UPS and the damn person that packaged it. UPS always treats stuff like crap, plus it was in a box about 14x14x14 inches with crumpled up news paper around it The back of the motor it pretty scratched up and I think it was from delivery. But its doesnt look like anything is really wrong with it performance wise. Both coils check out at 2.6 ohm, nothing falling off. If it wasnt for the gasket, which is all scratched up, and the back of the motor it would be about like new.

Thing is built like a tank. Has to wieght like 30 lbs I swear. The VC on this thing is HUGE too.

Enough of that though. I ripped the AA Atlas's out right away and stuck the Mag in. 1.88 Cu.Ft. before driver displacement. Its getting 300 watts off my Diamond D5600.1, and this thing will already pound. ALMOST as loud as my 2 Atlas's (you can tell a little bit of difference though) and SQ is right up there with the Atlas's. I think the Mag sounds a little better. This thing gets LOOOW though. Ive only messed around with it for about 15 minutes, but I will be out all night in the truck testing it out. I just cant wait till I get a 1200.1 on this thing. 1400 watts and this thing is gonna be nasty
So...you like it? It looks !!!!! That sucks about the shipping. I hate people that don't take the time and effort to pack well.

So Doug, selling the mustang huh? I get the all your audio in your Stang right? LOL About the HEX's...why not some more Rainbows?

Quick Reply: Brypink...Question About Zapco Amp