Brypink...Question About Zapco Amp

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2006, 10:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by brypink2
So...you like it? It looks !!!!! That sucks about the shipping. I hate people that don't take the time and effort to pack well.

So Doug, selling the mustang huh? I get the all your audio in your Stang right? LOL About the HEX's...why not some more Rainbows?
Bryan. I think you could probably use my two 3.0x. Replace those Reference.

Which Rainbow's do you think I should look at. I would probably be looking in the $300-400 range. Really do not want to spend more than that. I can probably get the Chameleons for less than $300.

Old 04-14-2006, 11:28 PM
Originally Posted by dconder
Bryan. I think you could probably use my two 3.0x. Replace those Reference.

Which Rainbow's do you think I should look at. I would probably be looking in the $300-400 range. Really do not want to spend more than that. I can probably get the Chameleons for less than $300.
I'd rather have a 4.0. Myabe you should try the Chameleons. Another set I'm getting REAL interested in again...is the DLS Iridiums. I had 2 BNIB pairs before I bought my Utopias but sold them because I never heard them and like the way the Utopias sounded. Everytime I search for a laid back tweeter...I keep hearing good things about them. If this pair of Alpine SPX-177A's don't work out...I might get a pair. They can be had for $350-$400 new. I NEVER see them used...and that might be a good thing.

Old 04-15-2006, 02:44 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey fellers, guess what.........................Im a dumba$$. Go figure.

I realized I have an OLD style Mag, not a new one. I guess I shoulda done a little more homework before I bought this thing, it looked like a new style in the pics. I guess that will teach me to not rush to buy things
Im a little disapointed, and mad at myself, lol, but it still kicks some ****. I think I might try it at 1 ohm on my D5600.1-and pray to God I dont kill my amp (only rated down to 2 ohm). I know people have ran them at 1 ohm though.

Bartak1's next post- "SOB, I fried my amp!!!"

Old 04-15-2006, 04:32 PM
Originally Posted by Bartak1
Hey fellers, guess what.........................Im a dumba$$. Go figure.

I realized I have an OLD style Mag, not a new one. I guess I shoulda done a little more homework before I bought this thing, it looked like a new style in the pics. I guess that will teach me to not rush to buy things
Im a little disapointed, and mad at myself, lol, but it still kicks some ****. I think I might try it at 1 ohm on my D5600.1-and pray to God I dont kill my amp (only rated down to 2 ohm). I know people have ran them at 1 ohm though.

Bartak1's next post- "SOB, I fried my amp!!!"
No biggie! For some reason I thought you had said it was the "old" version. Oh well...It still will slam!

Got a questions for ya...if you still have it out of the enclsoure...what is the "true" mounting depth? Thanks.

Old 04-15-2006, 06:13 PM
No biggie! For some reason I thought you had said it was the "old" version. Oh well...It still will slam!

Got a questions for ya...if you still have it out of the enclsoure...what is the "true" mounting depth? Thanks.
Yeah, I just went out and did a little more tuning and got the whole system sounding pretty good, and I tell ya, I put in my Shinedown CD and this thing was rockin. Like I said, once I get some real power on this I have no doubt this sub will kick my a$$ This thing is so tight sounding. And low. I love it.

I will probably be taking it out tomorrow, and I can get a measurment for you if that will still work work. I had it sitting next to one of my Atlass' which are 6.5 inches deep, and just guesstimating I would say the Mag is 1-1.5 inches deeper than the Atlas. I will get an exact measurement for you though.

Old 04-16-2006, 01:10 PM
Yeah, I just went out and did a little more tuning and got the whole system sounding pretty good, and I tell ya, I put in my Shinedown CD and this thing was rockin. Like I said, once I get some real power on this I have no doubt this sub will kick my a$$ This thing is so tight sounding. And low. I love it.

I will probably be taking it out tomorrow, and I can get a measurment for you if that will still work work. I had it sitting next to one of my Atlass' which are 6.5 inches deep, and just guesstimating I would say the Mag is 1-1.5 inches deeper than the Atlas. I will get an exact measurement for you though.
Cool, thanks. For the hell of it...I think I might trying finishing that down firing box for 2 12's. I don't think the MAG will fit, but there are few others that will.

Treo SSi 12
DLS Nobelium & Iridium 12"
JL 12W6v2
SP RL-p12 (maybe)

Heck...I even tried drawing up a box for 2 12W7's...this box has a 20% chance of working, but box volume is an issue.

Why am I doing this? Well, first...I perfer the sound of a 12" sub to any other size. Second...I need a project to work on. I might build both, one for the 12W7 and another for the other 12's I choose, who knows.

I think people on here would go crazy if I were to say I'm selling my current box.

Old 04-16-2006, 01:53 PM
I just wish there were more options without a seat lift kit. Bryan, I can't remember, is your little one still in a car seat? My little boy is about to turn 2 and I have him in the middle. I am still wondering what impact the seat lift would have on his seat. I would love to raise the seat and have a single 10" IDMAX under there.

Old 04-16-2006, 02:04 PM
I just wish there were more options without a seat lift kit. Bryan, I can't remember, is your little one still in a car seat? My little boy is about to turn 2 and I have him in the middle. I am still wondering what impact the seat lift would have on his seat. I would love to raise the seat and have a single 10" IDMAX under there.
Bryan Jr is 20 months:

Anyway, he's still in a carseat (in the middle) and the carseat is attached to the saftey latches. Those are connected to the seat bar/frame that is bolted directly to the floor of the truck...it aint going anywhere. The seat bottom uses the brackets but is bolted down just as good. It's solid, I doubt there would be failure anywhere.

I still think I could do 4 8W7's in a box like mine w/o a seat lift.

Old 04-16-2006, 02:30 PM
Bryan Jr is 20 months:

Anyway, he's still in a carseat (in the middle) and the carseat is attached to the saftey latches. Those are connected to the seat bar/frame that is bolted directly to the floor of the truck...it aint going anywhere. The seat bottom uses the brackets but is bolted down just as good. It's solid, I doubt there would be failure anywhere.

I still think I could do 4 8W7's in a box like mine w/o a seat lift.

I am seriously thinking about ordering the seat lift kit from LMI tomorrow. Are they the only ones that make one? $155, is that what you had to pay? I think the Zap's will go up for sale tomorrow so, I need something to spend the money on.

Old 04-16-2006, 02:47 PM
I am seriously thinking about ordering the seat lift kit from LMI tomorrow. Are they the only ones that make one? $155, is that what you had to pay? I think the Zap's will go up for sale tomorrow so, I need something to spend the money on.
So, you are getting rid of the Stang for sure, huh? I wish I could use the 3.0's.

I paid $140-$150 for the seat lift. Warning though, you might need some washers to get it to line up right. Put it all together loosely and align the seat up before you tighten everything down.

Old 04-16-2006, 02:49 PM
Uh-Oh...I'm thinking about doing what Bart did. Box = seat.

Old 04-16-2006, 05:51 PM
Uh-Oh...I'm thinking about doing what Bart did. Box = seat.

You guys are officially crazy. Of course, if my wife would let me, I would be yanking mine out as well.

I will find out for sure tomorrow but, I am like 95% sure we are either selling the Stang or my Sis is going to trade it off.

Last edited by dconder; 04-16-2006 at 05:53 PM.
Old 04-16-2006, 08:00 PM
You guys are officially crazy. Of course, if my wife would let me, I would be yanking mine out as well.

I will find out for sure tomorrow but, I am like 95% sure we are either selling the Stang or my Sis is going to trade it off.
I just drew up a box/seat for 2 IDMAX12's. Might build it for the hell of it, give me something to do. I'll build the 2 12's downfiring box as well. LOL

Old 04-16-2006, 10:02 PM
Lol Bryan, you go through set-ups like crazy. I like it though lol
The Mag is 6 7/8ths inches deep. I guess not as deep as I though.

Backseat/box is the way to go I think I might try to find another Mag and stick it in there, then get this box finished up cosmetically finally. I need to do something about that because it looks like @ss. It works though.

Are you going to have to raise your back seat more to fit 2 12's downfiring? How much space do you have under there?

Doug, what Zapco's do you have that you are selling. A pair of 3.0's?

Old 04-16-2006, 10:15 PM
Lol Bryan, you go through set-ups like crazy. I like it though lol
The Mag is 6 7/8ths inches deep. I guess not as deep as I though.

Backseat/box is the way to go I think I might try to find another Mag and stick it in there, then get this box finished up cosmetically finally. I need to do something about that because it looks like @ss. It works though.

Are you going to have to raise your back seat more to fit 2 12's downfiring? How much space do you have under there?

Doug, what Zapco's do you have that you are selling. A pair of 3.0's?

Yes, I will be selling a pair of 3.0x. They x is stable to 2 ohm bridged and they will put out 600 watts at 2 ohm bridged. There is another, I think the 3.0x2 that is only stable to 4 ohm bridged. But, it does the same 600 at 4 ohm bridged.

One of the amps I got had a non working fan and I should be receiving the brand new replacement fan in the next couple of days.

Quick Reply: Brypink...Question About Zapco Amp