Brypink...Question About Zapco Amp

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2006, 10:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GA FOO 88
Sorry i didnt mean to rule out a sealed box for the RL-ps, its just the concensus on sounds solutions in the SS forum was that they thrive in ported boxes. Anyways check out the DIYMAS for real, www.diymobileaudio.com, and click on the shop tab. (.5 to .75 sealed rec box for a 12 )
So, I looked at this sub...looks nice, I might have to give it a try.

Old 04-23-2006, 11:40 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by brypink2

Bart...why the 8053? Nice HU though.

Higher end kick **** SQ HU that I can get CHEAP-couldnt pass it up. I dont need anything with a screen and navigation and all that stuff.

1/2 is like borderline ok/not ok Id say. Im not exactley sure how that would work out. I try to get at least 1" between the sub and the box like you guys too.

I will try to get that measurment for you in awhile. Ill tell you right now though, I have 2 1/4 inches between the bottom of my box and the floor, and I think thats about the minimum you would want to go, just to give you an idea. Once some power gets on it probably more, because this thing isnt moving close to what I know it can.

Old 04-23-2006, 11:57 AM
Originally Posted by Bartak1
Higher end kick **** SQ HU that I can get CHEAP-couldnt pass it up. I dont need anything with a screen and navigation and all that stuff.

1/2 is like borderline ok/not ok Id say. Im not exactley sure how that would work out. I try to get at least 1" between the sub and the box like you guys too.

I will try to get that measurment for you in awhile. Ill tell you right now though, I have 2 1/4 inches between the bottom of my box and the floor, and I think thats about the minimum you would want to go, just to give you an idea. Once some power gets on it probably more, because this thing isnt moving close to what I know it can.
I had an 8051 a while back...loved it. But, you know me...always changing out.

2 1/4" is about all the room I can give the MAGs...if I go that route. Did you check out the diymas that ga foo posted. They look pretty nice...I got the pre order code and might order a couple...only $150 each.

Old 04-23-2006, 12:31 PM
I had an 8051 a while back...loved it. But, you know me...always changing out.

2 1/4" is about all the room I can give the MAGs...if I go that route. Did you check out the diymas that ga foo posted. They look pretty nice...I got the pre order code and might order a couple...only $150 each.

Those DIYMA's do look somewhat impressive. I say you should grab one or two and let us know what they are like.
Should easily fit under the seat.

On a different note, I cant find any darn D5's. I think I need to start looking for something more available. Anyone have any ideas on some nice cheaper (300ish or under) amps that do 150ishx2 and 1000ishx1. A lot of ish's there.

Old 04-23-2006, 01:01 PM
Those DIYMA's do look somewhat impressive. I say you should grab one or two and let us know what they are like.
Should easily fit under the seat.

On a different note, I cant find any darn D5's. I think I need to start looking for something more available. Anyone have any ideas on some nice cheaper (300ish or under) amps that do 150ishx2 and 1000ishx1. A lot of ish's there.
Yeah, I'm thinking about it...pretty good deal @ $150 a piece.

Amps...did I mention Zapco make some nice amps? LOL

Old 04-23-2006, 01:13 PM

Amps...did I mention Zapco make some nice amps? LOL

Also borderline expensive.

If I could find a cheap 750.2 and 350.2 or something along those lines, Id probably go for it.

Old 04-23-2006, 01:14 PM
Oh yeah------Buy the subs

Old 04-23-2006, 05:39 PM
Just got in from measuring that. Its 1 1/8 inches from the box to the tallest part of the surround. So I guess 2 1/4 would work ok, but ideally Id at least try to get 3 inches, if not more, between the box and the floor.

Old 04-23-2006, 10:44 PM
Yeah I would love to have 2 DIYMAS, but i might have plans for something else that is mighty tempting.

Old 04-24-2006, 01:44 PM
Woohoo....LMI seat lift kit arrived today.

Bryan, is it best to take the seat back off to install the kit? Since you have already done it, I just want to make it as umcomplicated as possible.

This is a good looking kit by the way. Nice finish on all the parts.

Old 04-24-2006, 04:02 PM
Just got in from measuring that. Its 1 1/8 inches from the box to the tallest part of the surround. So I guess 2 1/4 would work ok, but ideally Id at least try to get 3 inches, if not more, between the box and the floor.
Thanks...I don't think I can get 3" of clearance and still get the MAGs to fit. Might just try those diymas...or the 12W6v2s.

Originally Posted by dconder
Woohoo....LMI seat lift kit arrived today.

Bryan, is it best to take the seat back off to install the kit? Since you have already done it, I just want to make it as umcomplicated as possible.

This is a good looking kit by the way. Nice finish on all the parts.
Yeah, take the seat back out too. You will need to get to that seat bracket/bar on the floor. The lift does look nice, but I wish the fit was a little better. It works great though. I'm trying to remember everything I did different so I can help you better. Do you have your PM's enabled? If so, I'll PM you my cell number in case you have a question or something.

Originally Posted by GA FOO 88
Yeah I would love to have 2 DIYMAS, but i might have plans for something else that is mighty tempting.
Thanks FOO...good find. I lurk on that site a little but didn't pay attention to that sub. It looks pretty nice.

Old 04-24-2006, 05:18 PM

Yeah, take the seat back out too. You will need to get to that seat bracket/bar on the floor. The lift does look nice, but I wish the fit was a little better. It works great though. I'm trying to remember everything I did different so I can help you better. Do you have your PM's enabled? If so, I'll PM you my cell number in case you have a question or something.

Thanks for that. I sent you a pm. Nothing looks too scary but, just in case.

Old 04-24-2006, 06:31 PM
Originally Posted by dconder
Thanks for that. I sent you a pm. Nothing looks too scary but, just in case.
Responded.

Old 04-25-2006, 03:22 PM
I just finished up installing the seat lift kit. No big surprises. Just a couple of snags. The passengers side rear bolt, the very long one, was locktited and was a royal pain to get that thing out. I made sure and scrubbed it down good to put it back in. I did not have a 50mm torx bit and used a 1/4 allen wrench. All the bolts came out except the one under the passengers side seat front. I almost ruined it and had to run and get a 50mm at the parts store. I almost thought I had done it all for nothing because that bolt would not move but, finally I got it. As Bryan pointed out, the fit is not perfect. I had to use washers on the rear mounts on both sides but, the directions said I may need to. Also, there were no washers at all in the kit and I added some here and there. A few places would be hard to tighten down good without some large washers. I also used some longer bolts for the pivot arm mounting bracket. The ones they sent were not going to work with mine. Too short. Overall, the kit looks good and was not very difficult to install. Be advised, you loose a lot of headroom. The leg room is still very good but, when I sit in the back seat, I maybe have an inch to the headliner. Be careful over those big bumps with someone tall in the back.

Now, the planning stage starts. I still need to get the Arc 12" sub from the Mustang and start cutting some wood.

Old 04-25-2006, 05:51 PM
So how much mounting depth can you get under there now for that sub? What are you looking to get for airspace too?

Quick Reply: Brypink...Question About Zapco Amp