Brypink...Question About Zapco Amp

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 05:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shoot guys if your planning on coming out this way I'd love to meet up with you all too. I get to go play in the sands of the UAE this spring for the Air Force so I might miss the chance.

Old 01-06-2007, 01:29 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by dconder
Smitty...yours is Jan 30th or Dec 30?

Bartak...That is probably one of my biggest pet peaves. I hate squeeks and rattles in my truck. Drives me crazy. My wife never hears them and I am "what was that".

I really like the 3K idea for you. I could probably hear you down here in Okie land. I at least know Smitty could hear you up in Wichita.

I tell you what would be cool. The 3 of us need to meet up someday up in Kansas. Like Salina or something. Somewhere in the middle for Bartak and I. Now that would be pretty sweet. There is nothing out there in western Kansas so, its not like we would bother anyone, hehe.
I know it, Im the same way...I start listening to all the rattles and stuff and I cant even listen to the music then...They're the devil.

3k could be crazy...I think my electrical system would hate me though.
Bry, your running around 3k watts total arent you? I guess you say your electrical isnt too bad, huh.

Sounds like a plan guys, I would love to meet up. I dont know when would work for me...or anyone else. Hard to find a time that works for everyone. TO be honest it would work best for me from October on, thats a long long ways away though. What are you guys thinking???
Impact, the more the merrier

So now its 10 days for D and 24 for Smitty huh

Old 01-06-2007, 01:39 PM
D, exactley where in OK are you?

Im around the Oneill area, (about 30 miles south of there, thats the closest town to me that shows up on Google Maps though ) which is in the Northern part of the state. Next October Ill be just 20 miles from Lincoln though, not to far from the Kansas border. Ill have much more free time then too.

Old 01-06-2007, 04:37 PM
Originally Posted by Bartak1
D, exactley where in OK are you?

Im around the Oneill area, (about 30 miles south of there, thats the closest town to me that shows up on Google Maps though ) which is in the Northern part of the state. Next October Ill be just 20 miles from Lincoln though, not to far from the Kansas border. Ill have much more free time then too.
I am in the Tulsa area. I thought I remember you were pretty far north. I am maybe 3 hours from Impact and Smitty in Wichita. Maybe not quite that far. How far are you from the Kansas border? I really had no time table for when. I just thought maybe some day. I do not get a chance around here to go to any of the fancy meets you hear about. They had IASCA finals in Tulsa a few year ago and that was nice to go to.

Old 01-06-2007, 05:09 PM
Depends on where Im going into Kansas at..if I were to head to Salina MapQuest says its 181.97 miles to the border. Seems a little short to me...

To Salina: Total Est. Time: 5 hours, 57 minutes Total Est. Distance: 265.96 miles

To Smitty's: otal Est. Time: 7 hours, 13 minutes Total Est. Distance: 351.66 miles

FROM TULSA TO SALINA: Total Est. Time: 3 hours, 56 minutes Total Est. Distance: 264.19 miles

Dconder, I dont think you could have mentioned a better place for being smack in bewteen us-.23 miles difference according to MapQuest

Old 01-06-2007, 05:44 PM
Depends on where Im going into Kansas at..if I were to head to Salina MapQuest says its 181.97 miles to the border. Seems a little short to me...

To Salina: Total Est. Time: 5 hours, 57 minutes Total Est. Distance: 265.96 miles

To Smitty's: otal Est. Time: 7 hours, 13 minutes Total Est. Distance: 351.66 miles

FROM TULSA TO SALINA: Total Est. Time: 3 hours, 56 minutes Total Est. Distance: 264.19 miles

Dconder, I dont think you could have mentioned a better place for being smack in bewteen us-.23 miles difference according to MapQuest

That was complete luck. I just threw out a town I remembered from one of our road trips up to Montana a few years back. This near forty year old has a memory like a steel trap

It is odd though that mapquest says your trip is 2 hours longer than mine.

Old 01-06-2007, 06:01 PM
That was complete luck. I just threw out a town I remembered from one of our road trips up to Montana a few years back. This near forty year old has a memory like a steel trap

It is odd though that mapquest says your trip is 2 hours longer than mine.

Im not even 40 and my mind is.....what was I going to say

I noticed that when I typed in a place that takes me roughly 2 1/4 hrs to get to, they said estimated time was just under 4 hours

Guess they dont take into account that I'm driving

Old 01-08-2007, 10:15 PM
Im not even 40 and my mind is.....what was I going to say

I noticed that when I typed in a place that takes me roughly 2 1/4 hrs to get to, they said estimated time was just under 4 hours

Guess they dont take into account that I'm driving
Mario Bart

Let me know when you guys want to get together.

Old 01-09-2007, 07:46 PM
Originally Posted by scsmitty78
Mario Bart

Let me know when you guys want to get together.

Pretty much

Old 01-10-2007, 09:42 AM
Have any of you had experience with the Rockford Type X series. They were made a few years back. Really cool looking amps that I thought were suppose to be awesome. Rockford's best ever. They never seem to catch on and I was just nosing around on ebay and saw a couple. No, I am not thinking of switching (today) I was just curious.

Old 01-10-2007, 08:50 PM
Ehhhhh....no idea

Old 01-11-2007, 07:35 PM
Have any of you had experience with the Rockford Type X series. They were made a few years back. Really cool looking amps that I thought were suppose to be awesome. Rockford's best ever. They never seem to catch on and I was just nosing around on ebay and saw a couple. No, I am not thinking of switching (today) I was just curious.
Really nice amps and they had time alignment built in. When the new series power amps came out the x types were not as strong in comparison so they dropped the line and added the 25 to life series. They put the time align in with the rest of the stuff in the 360.2 processor. Real cool (so forgot where I was from) WICKED COOL looking amp with the chrome or gun metal finishes. Good power for the day but the new power series is better.

Old 01-11-2007, 07:37 PM
Bartak I bet if you where driving there to meet those guys it would take you all day cause you'de be messing with the 8053 all the way to make sure it was perfect

Old 01-11-2007, 07:44 PM
Did I mention that might also include 4 cubes total tuned to about 30 hz??

POSSIBLY, Im kind of missing sealed...still sound pretty darn good ported though....
We built a box for our store van years ago with 2 rockford punch 18's in a 49.9 cube box tuned to 30 hz. Term pro listed 3db down at 19 hz and 15 db boost at 35. The thing was sick but never got a chance to run it on an spl meter.

Old 01-11-2007, 07:49 PM
Haha, now now, lets just get this straight, the only magazines I get are Outdoor Life and Field and Stream. Although I will flip through a Successful Farming from time to time. Im a farmboy, what can I say
Kelly Ozborne just anounced that she would like to pose nude for a magazine Bart you might be in luck those are probably the only mags that she could get in. and by the way don't worry about those tickets the pats are gonna kick their butts anyway

Quick Reply: Brypink...Question About Zapco Amp