Brypink...Question About Zapco Amp

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 12:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now we are really full circle as I have a question about the cables for the Zaps. Do I need to use the SLDIN transmitter and then the din/din cable or can I get the din/rca cable. I am not sure what the transmitter does. Is it a must. Bryan or Smitty, which way are you using? Thanks.

Old 12-28-2006, 01:06 PM
Originally Posted by dconder
Now we are really full circle as I have a question about the cables for the Zaps. Do I need to use the SLDIN transmitter and then the din/din cable or can I get the din/rca cable. I am not sure what the transmitter does. Is it a must. Bryan or Smitty, which way are you using? Thanks.
I dont have any experience with the SLDIN so I cant give you any credible info on that. If I'm correct the tramsmitter converts rca to a balanced din connecter and also boosts the signal(correct me if I'm wrong Bryan). In my system I'm using a SXSL processor with 2 din cables running back to the 2 amps so I didnt need a SLDIN.

Old 12-28-2006, 02:13 PM
Sweet!!!!!!

I am really close to a deal on a pair of C2K 2.0x amps. They are rated at only 50 x 2 but, will do 200 x 2 @ 1ohm and 400 x 1 @ 2ohm. I am thinking about running one on my subs for 200 watts each and then the other to my 2 ohm Chameleons with 100 watts. I know the Chameleons need more but, I am going to try and see how they do. I will still need at least one more amp to power rear and center. A 2.5x would be nice. I still have not heard from my seller on the 2.5x and 3.0x lead. I am almost sold on a pair of 10" D2 IDQ subs. But, I am still debatting trying to squeeze 12" subs under there. The 12" IDQ is only .5" deeper. Got to find that .5" somewhere.
Would cramming the 12's under the seat with more than likely a box that will be on the small side for them be better than the 10's in the correct sized box?IMO the 10's would be the better choice but thats me.

Old 12-28-2006, 04:32 PM
Originally Posted by scsmitty78
I dont have any experience with the SLDIN so I cant give you any credible info on that. If I'm correct the tramsmitter converts rca to a balanced din connecter and also boosts the signal(correct me if I'm wrong Bryan). In my system I'm using a SXSL processor with 2 din cables running back to the 2 amps so I didnt need a SLDIN.
Correct.

Doug, you'll need the transmitters to plug in the RCAs of the HU and the din/din to plug in from the transmitter to the amp.

You should have read your first post in this thread...remember? lol

Old 12-28-2006, 04:38 PM
Originally Posted by scsmitty78
Would cramming the 12's under the seat with more than likely a box that will be on the small side for them be better than the 10's in the correct sized box?IMO the 10's would be the better choice but thats me.
IIRC, the 12" IDQs will have enough volume w/o a seat lift...getting them to fit (mounting depth) is the hard part. The box might be on the smaller end of the "recommended" volume, but just give them a little more juice.

I say this because I'd rather have a 12" vs a 10" (with similiar capabilities).

Old 12-28-2006, 04:41 PM
Originally Posted by brypink2
Correct.

Doug, you'll need the transmitters to plug in the RCAs of the HU and the din/din to plug in from the transmitter to the amp.

You should have read your first post in this thread...remember? lol

You are never going to let me live this down are you

I thought that was the way it worked, I just never noticed the simple din to rca cable they offer. So, one transmitter per amp. I have already found a place to buy 3 of them for a good deal. I just need to get the din/din cables. Of course, I need to buy the amps first. If these freakin people that want to "sell" stuff would email me back.

Old 12-28-2006, 04:57 PM
You are never going to let me live this down are you

I thought that was the way it worked, I just never noticed the simple din to rca cable they offer. So, one transmitter per amp. I have already found a place to buy 3 of them for a good deal. I just need to get the din/din cables. Of course, I need to buy the amps first. If these freakin people that want to "sell" stuff would email me back.
What amps RULE, Doug???? ZAPCO! J/K LOL

Seriously though, only one transmitter per amp unless it's a 4 channel amp (or more).

Old 12-30-2006, 07:33 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Soo...whats going on?

Old 12-30-2006, 08:25 PM
Originally Posted by Bartak1

Soo...whats going on?
Nothin much. Put the truck back together lastnight and cleaned up the garage.

Old 12-30-2006, 08:48 PM
Haha, sounds exciting!

Old 12-30-2006, 09:38 PM
Not much here either. My wife's family has been staying at our house all week and today was actually the first day I have got to drive my truck since last weekend. We need 2 car seats and the truck is easier to do than the FX.

I thought I could report on some C2K's by now but, I have yet to hear back from either of my potential sellers. So, the amp switch may or may not happen. It might happen but, might take a while to pull off. I do have a tiny lead on a pair of 10" IDQ used that might work in to something.

Last note: The Image Chameleons are awesome. I really like them. They sound quite a bit better than the Contour's. Of course, I would probably have to put the Chameleons against the Germs to be fair. But, for what I have in them, a steal for sure. Plus I have an extra set of the ID mids. If anyone knows somebody looking for a set of comps, I will have two sets of Rainbow Contours for sale pretty soon.

Old 12-30-2006, 11:03 PM
Haha, no way I would be able to go that long without driving my truck. We have 2 inches of ice on EVERYTHING but I still went out and cruised a bit because I havent driven the truck since about Thursday I at least have to go out to the garage and sit in the truck just to listen to the radio

Should be pretty easy to get rid of a set of 'Bows I would think.

So you replaced your center channel with an ID mid and tweet, or what?

Old 12-31-2006, 02:43 AM
I havnt drove my truck in 2 weeks. The Focus gets twice the mpg + it handles like a gocart. Its in need of a turbo but I dont think I will do anything more to it cuz the wife is wanting to get a Volvo S40 sometime.

I'm glad you like the Images. You got a very sweet deal on them. I never could find a good price on them used.

Old 12-31-2006, 07:43 AM
Originally Posted by Bartak1
So you replaced your center channel with an ID mid and tweet, or what?
Not yet. I bought a pair of ID coaxials. I am probably going to buy another set of them and just put a coaxial as the center. No more than I use it, it does not really justify spending the money on another set of Chameleons. If I can fit a 6 1/2" in there, then I could just buy another set of tweeters and use the extra mids I have. But, I do not know if I have enough room for it.

Old 12-31-2006, 07:43 PM
Hey Dconder what amp are you using on your front channel and where do you have it mounted? I'm having a hell of a time locating a small amp just for my center channel. My last ebay special amp croaked and I'd like something smaller in the 75w range that I can put in the dash or under my front seat.

Quick Reply: Brypink...Question About Zapco Amp