Brypink...Question About Zapco Amp

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2006, 11:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brypink...Question About Zapco Amp

Hey Bryan. I got my first C2K 3.0 yesterday and had a quick question. It looks like these amps will only use the balanced inputs and not regular rca inputs, is that right? Also, I got 2 SLDIN T transmitters with the amp. One of them has a din extention. The other does not. The transmitter will have to have the extention in order to fit into the amp port. Is this just a standard cable extention or is there a specific Zapco cable that has to be used. I am about to buy either another 3.0 or a 2.0 and will not need anther transmitter but, will need another cable of some sort.

Thanks.

Old 04-04-2006, 02:17 PM
Originally Posted by dconder
Hey Bryan. I got my first C2K 3.0 yesterday and had a quick question. It looks like these amps will only use the balanced inputs and not regular rca inputs, is that right? Also, I got 2 SLDIN T transmitters with the amp. One of them has a din extention. The other does not. The transmitter will have to have the extention in order to fit into the amp port. Is this just a standard cable extention or is there a specific Zapco cable that has to be used. I am about to buy either another 3.0 or a 2.0 and will not need anther transmitter but, will need another cable of some sort.

Thanks.
I can't remember if it's Zapco specific. I thought I remember someone saying you can use an ordinary 16, 12, 8 pin cable (not sure which), but don't quote me on that. That Zapcos are like $20.

Yes, balanced is the only way to go on the C2K's. The transmitter and then a din/din cable. The transmitter has the RCA that plugs into your preouts and then the din/din plugs into the transmitter and to the amp.

BTW, I can't log onto CA.com from work...PM me here.

Old 04-04-2006, 03:11 PM
Originally Posted by brypink2
I can't remember if it's Zapco specific. I thought I remember someone saying you can use an ordinary 16, 12, 8 pin cable (not sure which), but don't quote me on that. That Zapcos are like $20.

Yes, balanced is the only way to go on the C2K's. The transmitter and then a din/din cable. The transmitter has the RCA that plugs into your preouts and then the din/din plugs into the transmitter and to the amp.

BTW, I can't log onto CA.com from work...PM me here.

So, I really do not want to use any rca cable at all? Even hooked up to the transmitter to extend it up to the head unit? I would be better to hook the rca connectors on the transmitter right into the rca outs on the head unit? If so, I will need a longer din to din cable.

Old 04-04-2006, 03:35 PM
So, I really do not want to use any rca cable at all? Even hooked up to the transmitter to extend it up to the head unit? I would be better to hook the rca connectors on the transmitter right into the rca outs on the head unit? If so, I will need a longer din to din cable.
Yes, that's correct. Hook the transmitter to the HU (rca to rca) and then run a longer din/din cable from the transmitter to the amp.

Old 04-05-2006, 09:04 AM
Thanks Bryan. I posted on the Zapco forum and got the same answer. I got one cable that is about 12 feet long so, I can either use it and then get a short one to run from the slave output to the other amp or get another long one and run them both from the head unit. It looks like I am going to get another 3.0 for $375 shipped. $725 shipped for the pair does not sound bad to me. Components will be next. Bad thing is, I will not have the Stang back for probably another month. Oh well, everything will be ready when I get it.

Old 04-05-2006, 12:34 PM
Thanks Bryan. I posted on the Zapco forum and got the same answer. I got one cable that is about 12 feet long so, I can either use it and then get a short one to run from the slave output to the other amp or get another long one and run them both from the head unit. It looks like I am going to get another 3.0 for $375 shipped. $725 shipped for the pair does not sound bad to me. Components will be next. Bad thing is, I will not have the Stang back for probably another month. Oh well, everything will be ready when I get it.
NP Doug. Does sound like a heck of a deal!

I'm not to sure on slaving the amps together. I think you'd get a "truer" sound running them seperate...if that makes sense. And, probably be an easier set-up when it comes time to tweaking the system.

Old 04-05-2006, 01:29 PM
NP Doug. Does sound like a heck of a deal!

I'm not to sure on slaving the amps together. I think you'd get a "truer" sound running them seperate...if that makes sense. And, probably be an easier set-up when it comes time to tweaking the system.

I am kinda thinking the same thing. Plus, if I hook them both up to the head unit, I still have use of the nonfader preout level adjustment at the head unit.

Old 04-05-2006, 03:58 PM
I am kinda thinking the same thing. Plus, if I hook them both up to the head unit, I still have use of the nonfader preout level adjustment at the head unit.
Sounds like a plan!

Old 04-05-2006, 04:18 PM
Sounds like a plan!

Although I am already trying to talk my sis (she and I own our shop and the Stang) into letting me take the Kenwood DDX-7015 out of my truck and put it in the Mustang. I could then get the new DDX-6019. It has a bigger screen, less buttons and direct touch DVD control. Which after using the controls on the Alpine, I hate using the remote for the DDX-7015.

Old 04-05-2006, 04:28 PM
Although I am already trying to talk my sis (she and I own our shop and the Stang) into letting me take the Kenwood DDX-7015 out of my truck and put it in the Mustang. I could then get the new DDX-6019. It has a bigger screen, less buttons and direct touch DVD control. Which after using the controls on the Alpine, I hate using the remote for the DDX-7015.
Is that the new 7" inch (or 6.9") double din screen? Or was that Eclipse? Anyway, I like that screen...I wish it was compatible with the H701 (w/o the contoller).

BTW, what kinda shop do you guys own? It better not be an car audio shop! LOL

Old 04-05-2006, 04:52 PM
Is that the new 7" inch (or 6.9") double din screen? Or was that Eclipse? Anyway, I like that screen...I wish it was compatible with the H701 (w/o the contoller).

BTW, what kinda shop do you guys own? It better not be an car audio shop! LOL

The Kenwood is the 6.95" screen. I just have not found anywhere that it will indeed control the 901 processor I have.

We have a small machine shop. Although, with all the car audio stuff I get in and out of here, one might start to wonder.

Old 04-05-2006, 07:26 PM
The Kenwood is the 6.95" screen. I just have not found anywhere that it will indeed control the 901 processor I have.

We have a small machine shop. Although, with all the car audio stuff I get in and out of here, one might start to wonder.
Do you mean a H900 or H701? Don't tell me you have a H900!? And, isn't either compatibale with other HU's along as you have the C701 contoller (maybe not the H900)?

I hear ya about all the equipment...I'm selling my unsed stuff a little at a time. I tell you what...I'll be retiring soon (actually a couple of years), but we can pool all of our equipment together and start our own car audio business! LOL

Old 04-05-2006, 10:29 PM
My processor is the Kenwood in my sig. Not as sophisticated as the Alpine but, does 5.1 great. The thing I like best over the Alpine is that it detects the source and plays the center channel only on movies. I have not figured out on the Alpine how to do that. If you turn the center speaker on, it plays no matter what source unless I turn it off. Do you know of a setting I might be over looking?

Old 04-06-2006, 12:25 PM
My processor is the Kenwood in my sig. Not as sophisticated as the Alpine but, does 5.1 great. The thing I like best over the Alpine is that it detects the source and plays the center channel only on movies. I have not figured out on the Alpine how to do that. If you turn the center speaker on, it plays no matter what source unless I turn it off. Do you know of a setting I might be over looking?
Oh...I didn't see that. Also, no I haven't firgured out how to turn on/off the center channel automatically. But, I've only played 1 DVD thus far, just to see if it works. I've been concentrating on the 2ch set-up.

Old 04-06-2006, 01:15 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Jeez guys, since you have so much money why not buy me something? Like a couple amps lol.

Speaking of amps, do you still have that XXK1500 Dconder? That would be nice on my Mag

Woops, did I get this thread off topic. Hehe.

Quick Reply: Brypink...Question About Zapco Amp