Brypink...Question About Zapco Amp

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 01:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bartak1
Jeez guys, since you have so much money why not buy me something? Like a couple amps lol.

Speaking of amps, do you still have that XXK1500 Dconder? That would be nice on my Mag

Woops, did I get this thread off topic. Hehe.

When the 3 of us get going, I do not think we ever stay on topic. I wish I had the money to burn. Almost everything I buy, I sell something to pay for it. Just a recyle process. That is the only way I justify it to my wife

Sorry, the 1500XXK is gone. Sold it to pay for my first 3.0x. Still looking for another one. My deal for the second one fell thru and I am back to looking with very few leads, at a decent price.

Old 04-06-2006, 02:16 PM
Originally Posted by dconder
When the 3 of us get going, I do not think we ever stay on topic. I wish I had the money to burn. Almost everything I buy, I sell something to pay for it. Just a recyle process. That is the only way I justify it to my wife
HOLY CRAP!!!! I thought I was the ONLY one that does that! LMAO

And about the "off topic" thing, I think the mods/webmaster should start our own forum under "Audio & Video System" labeled "Brypink2, Bartak1 and Dconder's Forum"! LOL

p.s. Notice how I put my name first?

Old 04-06-2006, 08:34 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by brypink2

And about the "off topic" thing, I think the mods/webmaster should start our own forum under "Audio & Video System" labeled "Brypink2, Bartak1 and Dconder's Forum"! LOL

p.s. Notice how I put my name first?

Yeah, thats racist. Without the race..........Meany
The forum sounds like an idea. Well have to have a meeting with the Mods

I tend to keep stuff and say to myself "I might use this later......maybe.........for some reason........better save it" Lol, it all just sits in the closet. I need to start selling stuff to fund my stereo-in-progress.

Dconder, I gave you a link to a C2K 3.0 in the sub section, but I see on CA.com youve already talked to the guy about it.

So, serious, you guys are gonna buy me some amps, right.....?

Old 04-06-2006, 08:41 PM
Yeah, thats racist. Without the race..........Meany
The forum sounds like an idea. Well have to have a meeting with the Mods

I tend to keep stuff and say to myself "I might use this later......maybe.........for some reason........better save it" Lol, it all just sits in the closet. I need to start selling stuff to fund my stereo-in-progress.

Dconder, I gave you a link to a C2K 3.0 in the sub section, but I see on CA.com youve already talked to the guy about it.

So, serious, you guys are gonna buy me some amps, right.....?

I'll buy you an amp and you give me your SI Mag

Old 04-06-2006, 09:02 PM
I'll buy you an amp and you give me your SI Mag

Deal... :cjstrokeshischinthinkingofthemostexpensiveampknow ntoman:

^is there smilie for that? There better be.

Old 04-06-2006, 09:18 PM
/random post not even closely pertaining to this thread/

Check out one of the new Pioneer HU's. Looks sexy huh? Clean and simple, I like it. Kinda looks like one of those HU's that you would either love the way it looks, or hate it.
Specs dont look to shabby either. I might have to check into one of these things.

Old 04-07-2006, 11:29 AM
Hey guys, just a quick note. I say lets keep this thread ALIVE. See how big it can get! Make our own "sticky" just by keeping it on top! LOL

I'll trade something for that MAG (not my 9.0 though). LOL I'm also the same way...I keep stuff just because I think I'll use it sometime. Especially cable, mat, disbo blocks, etc...alot of install suff that ain't worth crap. Then speaker sets, xovers, subs, etc...are abundant as well. Small stereo shop going on here!

Anyway, I got a super busy weekend. First, I got to fly off this darned island, then drive to LA and get my new W200. Uninstall my D310 and get it shipped and then get my old sub box sent off (I sold that too). Busy, busy day!

That Pioneer HU does look sexy...kinda got the new Eclipse look!

Old 04-07-2006, 11:45 AM
Deal... :cjstrokeshischinthinkingofthemostexpensiveampknow ntoman:

^is there smilie for that? There better be.

Oh, I was thinking about the amp I bought at Walmart I use as a doorstop

Not too much to report here. The Mustang will be in the shop for another 3 weeks so, all I can do is plan for upgrades. I am still searching for another amp for it. I really wish I could find a 2.0x for around $300. I am trying to be patient. I am half tempted to go to the body shop and pull the Scosche enclosure so I will have it to check depths for new subs. And in the back of my mind is still the nagging thought about taking the Kenwood out of my truck, putting it in the Mustang, and getting myself the new DDX-6019.

Plus, I am doing some research on whole house systems for our new house. It is supposed to be done around the first of June. I had it prewired for audio throughout the house. Trying to get ours ready to sell and planning for the new one is taking up a lot of my time.

Old 04-07-2006, 01:46 PM
Plus, I am doing some research on whole house systems for our new house. It is supposed to be done around the first of June. I had it prewired for audio throughout the house. Trying to get ours ready to sell and planning for the new one is taking up a lot of my time.
What kind of HT system? Do you have any components in mind? I dabbled with a small HT system a couple years back. This what I have:

HT reciever: Denon 3805
DVD: Denon 3910
TV: Mits 55413 (calibrated)
L/R: Paradigm Studio 60
Center: Paradigm CC-470
Rear: Paradigm Studio 20
Sub: SVS PB10-ISD
Cables: DIY, Analysis Plus, Monster, etc.

Old 04-07-2006, 01:56 PM
What kind of HT system? Do you have any components in mind? I dabbled with a small HT system a couple years back. This what I have:

My home theater is pretty small. I have:

Panasonic 50" plasma with built in HD tuner
Yamaha 5.1 receiver
Mitsubishi DVD
*** Cable with HD/DVR
Eosone 5.1 sub/sat system

I just got a quote on the whole house audio for the new house which will include:

Nuvo Concerto Multizone system
Keypads for control in 6 zones
In ceiling speakers in 6 zones
All tied into the home theater

Old 04-08-2006, 02:06 AM
So, I was looking on the Zapco site a while ago...
The C2K 3.0X, Suggested Retail $ 1369.00

Where are you getting them so cheap, if you don't mind me asking?

I'm definately looking at a zapco amp this summer and I could use some advice on what to buy and where to get it?
I've got a couple of these Premier TS-W1500SPL's sitting around. I only have one in a box and installed right now, the other is just in my room. I might look at building a new box to hold them both, depending what I can get for an amp.

Anyway, spend my money! find me an amp for that sub.

Old 04-08-2006, 02:52 AM
Originally Posted by RageOfOrder

I'm definately looking at a zapco amp this summer and I could use some advice on what to buy and where to get it?
I've got a couple of these Premier TS-W1500SPL's sitting around. I only have one in a box and installed right now, the other is just in my room. I might look at building a new box to hold them both, depending what I can get for an amp.

I'll tell you after dconder gets his other one! LOL I actually have a couple of connections, but it is a hit or miss depending on which Zapco. I can get a new 4.0 w/ warranty for about a grand.

The best way to buy a Zapco is USED! All of mine are previously owned.

Old 04-08-2006, 06:30 AM
Originally Posted by RageOfOrder

Bryan is correct. I am getting the used. And just the one at $350. My next best offer is around $450. Still pretty good on an amp that retails for $1369. With the C2K, I am learning that patience is the key. Not many for sale and fewer for sale for a good price.

Old 04-08-2006, 11:00 AM
Got my W200...having issues ALREADY!

I don't think it will fit flush...and I don't think my Black Box R2 is working (might need to get an updated one) because when a disc is inserted my amps power off. I really don't feel like wiring it w/o the black box (the correct way). LOL I'll just order the new black box and hook it up as is, I'll be at work for the next week and half anyway. At least the radio works.

Old 04-08-2006, 07:26 PM
Got my W200...having issues ALREADY!

I don't think it will fit flush...and I don't think my Black Box R2 is working (might need to get an updated one) because when a disc is inserted my amps power off. I really don't feel like wiring it w/o the black box (the correct way). LOL I'll just order the new black box and hook it up as is, I'll be at work for the next week and half anyway. At least the radio works.

Is the unit too deep to fit flush? Would love to see a pic of it. So, hooking the black box up like you do with the D310 did not work?

Quick Reply: Brypink...Question About Zapco Amp