Brypink...Question About Zapco Amp

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2006, 07:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dconder
Is the unit too deep to fit flush? Would love to see a pic of it. So, hooking the black box up like you do with the D310 did not work?
It's working...I hooked up the remote wires to the power antennae wire. LOL

It's gonna fit flush too. I should be done in about an hour or so and will post a pic then.

Old 04-08-2006, 08:49 PM
Thanks. I'll have to do more online searching then, as this is a small town.
Nobody here (even the one or two dealers) have ever heard of Zapco, TREO, etc. None of them use a DMM, and some don't know what that is.

This town is pretty sad as far as stereos go. One store stocks Pioneer/Premier, which I like the quality of, for the most part. The other store stocks Sony. barf. I had to drive 6 hours south to find a JL dealer for my door speakers...

Suffice to say I don't feel like ordering through anyone in town, I'll be paying through the roof.

Anyway, let me know if you come across anything.

Old 04-08-2006, 09:00 PM
Originally Posted by RageOfOrder
Thanks. I'll have to do more online searching then, as this is a small town.
Nobody here (even the one or two dealers) have ever heard of Zapco, TREO, etc. None of them use a DMM, and some don't know what that is.

This town is pretty sad as far as stereos go. One store stocks Pioneer/Premier, which I like the quality of, for the most part. The other store stocks Sony. barf. I had to drive 6 hours south to find a JL dealer for my door speakers...

Suffice to say I don't feel like ordering through anyone in town, I'll be paying through the roof.

Anyway, let me know if you come across anything.
Will do. Checkout Ebay, elitecaraudio.com, caraudio.com, sounddomain.com, zapco.com...look in their forums "for sale" threads. Just BECAREFUL who you buy from. Search that website for any feedback/references of the seller.

Old 04-08-2006, 09:01 PM
Now, pics of my Alpine IVA-W200!!!!

Well, I got the W200 installed and it looks good...nice and clean look. I like it!!!

Old 04-08-2006, 09:21 PM
NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-08-2006, 11:11 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Looks pretty nice Bry.

I finally got my truck back yesterday, and had a little time to try to put in those Rainbows. Only got it one side, the tweeter is kinda half a$$ed installed, and I only had about 10 minutes to tweak a little and listen to them (err..the right side) But so far I like em. Pretty strong midbass. I like that. Tweet seems pretty nice so far. Not the best Ive heard, but its not to bad. Its aimed straight at the other door panel too, so Im not getting the best imaging with it. Cant wait to see what they are like once I get these things set up halfway decent, and tweaked/tuned. Hopefully tomorrow. And later on some MORE POWER. Thinking like 150 watts/side or so.

I think I will do like a rear console type thing for my Mag box too. I would like to put a pair of front bucket seats in the back, with a box/console in between them. Im not sure if they would fit to well though. Ill figure something out when the Mag gets here and I get more motivated.

Old 04-08-2006, 11:25 PM
Originally Posted by brypink2
Hey guys, just a quick note. I say lets keep this thread ALIVE. See how big it can get! Make our own "sticky" just by keeping it on top! LOL

I'll trade something for that MAG (not my 9.0 though). LOL I'm also the same way...I keep stuff just because I think I'll use it sometime. Especially cable, mat, disbo blocks, etc...alot of install suff that ain't worth crap. Then speaker sets, xovers, subs, etc...are abundant as well. Small stereo shop going on here!
Sounds like a plan. An update/BS thread.

So you guys want the Mag huh? Hehe. Ill tell ya what, if either of you guys can trade me something extremely awsome, I will trade. Maybe

Originally Posted by dconder
Oh, I was thinking about the amp I bought at Walmart I use as a doorstop
Hey, props for finding something useful to do with a WalMart item

Old 04-09-2006, 05:58 PM
Alright, I got the other side in, and put them in where they will stay till I get some kick panels or a new truck-hopefully soon. Mids in the doors-stock location-and the tweets are mounted to the speaker grille on the door panels. Not exactley what you would call a properly imaged stereo (but then again Ive never had one in this truck). Got about 30 min. of test and tune time and left it at that for now because its 4:30 and I havent ate all day, so Im starving my **** off. Thank God for Tombstone pizzas or I would die when knowone is around to cook for me .

ANYWHO...they sound pretty good so far. Mid bass is kick a$$. They will rattle and shake the crap outta everything. Even with the xover on the amp at 80 Hz it still sounds like there is a small sub in there. Im tempted to turn the xover on my amp off so the mids can go as low as they can and see how they really do on the low end. But they sure impress me in that way. On the higher end they do pretty well too. The Rainbox Xover is supposedly xovered at 3000 Hz, and the mids seem to do great all the way up to there. They say they will run up to 7000Hz, Im kinda curious as to how they do way up there. They tweets are alright so far. I had them at 0db on the xover and they seemed a little bright and crazy. I tried them on -3db and holy hell they seemed brighter than he!!. Stuck em back on 0db and fiddled around with some tuning a little more and now they are sounding pretty good. When I stick my head down right inbetween them (remember, they are shooting right at each other) they still seem bright. Once I pull my head back up to normal listening position they sound much better. So when they are off axis like that I think they sound a little better.

Anyway, thats all I can say for now. Im sure with some more tuning they will really come alive. So far they still seem to be some of the better speakers Ive heard though. And for the price I got them for I dont think you are going to find better.

Old 04-09-2006, 08:26 PM
Cool...congrats on them. I heard some germaniums or power cmx (I think) for the first time the other day. I thought the tweeter (CAL25) was really bright. I really like a laid back tweeter. I let my passive Xovers do the work (for now) and have my amps set at "full". My LPF & HPF is set at 80. Tweaking it with the GEQ.

Oh, when I swapped out my D310 for the W200, I forgot to write down my settings. I messed with it today, kinda remembered most of what I had and it sounds pretty good. I got to mess with it for a while but then I got to let my ears rest and get unused to the sound...then go back out and see what it sounds like.

On a different note...I got my chrome bumpers today. WooHoo! Now, I need to get my LT handles and get my Lariat flares painted.

On another side note...How much sold I sell my stock HU for? I need to clear out some crap!

Old 04-09-2006, 08:29 PM
On another side note...How much sold I sell my stock HU for? I need to clear out some crap!
Find out what the dealer would sell you a new one for, then sell yours for 3/4 of that to someone who wants it

Old 04-09-2006, 08:33 PM
Originally Posted by RageOfOrder
Find out what the dealer would sell you a new one for, then sell yours for 3/4 of that to someone who wants it
Yeah, I thought of that. I seen them go like hot cakes a few months ago. I don't know.

Old 04-09-2006, 09:59 PM
Cool...congrats on them. I heard some germaniums or power cmx (I think) for the first time the other day. I thought the tweeter (CAL25) was really bright. I really like a laid back tweeter. I let my passive Xovers do the work (for now) and have my amps set at "full". My LPF & HPF is set at 80. Tweaking it with the GEQ.

Oh, when I swapped out my D310 for the W200, I forgot to write down my settings. I messed with it today, kinda remembered most of what I had and it sounds pretty good. I got to mess with it for a while but then I got to let my ears rest and get unused to the sound...then go back out and see what it sounds like.

On a different note...I got my chrome bumpers today. WooHoo! Now, I need to get my LT handles and get my Lariat flares painted.

Yeah, the tweets are a little of a dissapointment. Not horrible though. When you find some really laid back tweets let me know what kind you get. I like mine the same way and would like something like that. Im betting I could sell these CAL25's and the Xovers pretty easy (at least the tweets) and keep these mids to run in some type of active setup. Or at least a different tweet and still run a passive front stage with these mids and xovers.

That sucks about forgetting the settings. When I was trying to tune these things I had the stereo going full tilt for about 30 minutes and everthing shut off and I was like "SOB". Tried to start the truck, nothing. Thankfully there was a little juice left and I didnt loose the setting. Heck I dont even have that many to deal with, but I cant remember anything. :o

I dont know what a stock HU is worth. I was going to tty to sell my stock CD player but I think when I get a different truck I will put it back in.

So the LT handles are chrome Im assuming?

Old 04-09-2006, 11:00 PM
Originally Posted by Bartak1
Yeah, the tweets are a little of a dissapointment. Not horrible though. When you find some really laid back tweets let me know what kind you get. I like mine the same way and would like something like that. Im betting I could sell these CAL25's and the Xovers pretty easy (at least the tweets) and keep these mids to run in some type of active setup. Or at least a different tweet and still run a passive front stage with these mids and xovers.

That sucks about forgetting the settings. When I was trying to tune these things I had the stereo going full tilt for about 30 minutes and everthing shut off and I was like "SOB". Tried to start the truck, nothing. Thankfully there was a little juice left and I didnt loose the setting. Heck I dont even have that many to deal with, but I cant remember anything. :o

I dont know what a stock HU is worth. I was going to tty to sell my stock CD player but I think when I get a different truck I will put it back in.

So the LT handles are chrome Im assuming?
I think I saw the 6 disc (in dash) changer/MP3 stock HU go for about $100, IIRC.

The LT handles come w/ a painted to match bucket and a chrome handle.

I'm looking at a pair of Alpine SPX-177A comps. I heard them a couple of years ago and they were somewhat laid back. If that doesn't work...maybe some Morel MT-23 tweetes.

Old 04-10-2006, 01:41 AM
Unhappy

Bartak1

Just dont make the mistake I made... I sold my unit for $250 (2months ago)and still have no idea what I am going to replace it with.. Tooo many choices.....

Old 04-10-2006, 01:52 AM
Originally Posted by anaheim_drew
Bartak1

Just dont make the mistake I made... I sold my unit for $250 (2months ago)and still have no idea what I am going to replace it with.. Tooo many choices.....
Was that your stock HU?

Quick Reply: Brypink...Question About Zapco Amp