Brypink...Question About Zapco Amp

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 02:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by brypink2
Was that your stock HU?
Yes it was the in dash 6/cd with mp3 player.. I have no issue with the price I received since it was just a stock unit.. Just the replacement is a pain in the you know what...

Old 04-10-2006, 02:17 AM
Originally Posted by anaheim_drew
Yes it was the in dash 6/cd with mp3 player.. I have no issue with the price I received since it was just a stock unit.. Just the replacement is a pain in the you know what...
That's what I have to sell...where did you sell it at? I'd love to get $250 for mine.

Old 04-10-2006, 02:22 AM
That's what I have to sell...where did you sell it at? I'd love to get $250 for mine.
I think it was to a member here.... Current price now is about $150 and it will sell fast if it has the mp3.....

Old 04-10-2006, 02:28 AM
Originally Posted by anaheim_drew
I think it was to a member here.... Current price now is about $150 and it will sell fast if it has the mp3.....
Cool, thanks. I think I'll still put it up for $200 OBO...and see what happens. I looked on here and Ebay...I saw none. Maybe I'll get lucky.

Old 04-10-2006, 07:28 PM
OK, so here it goes. You guys know I've been kicking around the idea of the IDMAXs right? Well, I think I'm gonna get them (if I can get the Treos sold ). Anyway, I want to build a different box for them. It will be the same as the W7 box for the most part, but I want to see if I can put both of the subs on the same side (in the larger area) and giving each sub their own chamber (this would make the chambers the same size and shape). I'm not sure if there will be enough box volume for their own chamber. If not, I'm still thinking about putting them on the same side, it will look like the W7 box, but the subs on the larger portion. What do you think?

EDIT: Doug, so I checked out the color of the screen today. I looked at it in the 2 tilted positions it has and the color didn't change drastically. In the biggest angle there was a glare problem though. I think it performed better than the D310 with the outdoor light, but that might be just because I didn't really watch movies on the D310. The 310 was also higher than my 200, too. Overall, the 310 does have better PQ than the 200, IMHO. Also, the W200 doesn't have a reverse tilt that I found. Still, I'm happy with my purchase...I like the double din look! Hope this helps.

Last edited by brypink2; 04-10-2006 at 07:48 PM.
Old 04-10-2006, 09:23 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
So you plan for it to take up just the part under the 60 section of the back seat? And both on one side of the driveshaft hump?
Lol, Im either picturing this wrong or I dont see how its going to work

Im just checking out your gallery here for the first time and I see you have a Viper amp. Any good? They seem to be pretty cheap for the power they put out, which I like, I was just always a little leary of the quality. How you like yours?

I just found out today that the $()*@! I bought the Mag from didnt ship it out till today. Little irritating, but no biggie I guess. He said that they said it should be here by Thrusday We'll see.

Old 04-10-2006, 09:49 PM
Bryan, that does help. I still need to try and find one and check it for myself but, it sounds like it might work. Might be switching from the D310 to the W200 myself.

I am with Bartak...I am having a little trouble picturing what you are saying.

Also, the best for last. I found me another Zapco 3.0. Bought it today for $412 shipped. Should be here next week. Now, I am really getting anxious about getting the Stang back.

Old 04-10-2006, 10:20 PM
Originally Posted by dconder
Also, the best for last. I found me another Zapco 3.0. Bought it today for $412 shipped. Should be here next week. Now, I am really getting anxious about getting the Stang back.

Congrats on the amp. Im jealous of your guys 30 billion dollar amps

Serious......

Old 04-11-2006, 11:31 AM
Originally Posted by Bartak1
Congrats on the amp. Im jealous of your guys 30 billion dollar amps

Serious......

The hardest part is going to be waiting to get the Mustang back. I got my tracking number on the amp and it will be here Thursday. So, I will have two Zapco C2K 3.0x amps ready to go and still have another 2-3 weeks till the Stang is ready. Oh well, more time to find something else to replace in it. I am still looking at components for it to replace the Diamond coaxials. According to my source, Q logic is suppose to be shipping kick panels for the Mustang this month. I am kinda thinking Image Chameleons in the 2 ohm version. 150 watts into each set @ 2ohm.

Last edited by dconder; 04-11-2006 at 11:33 AM.
Old 04-11-2006, 11:48 AM
So you plan for it to take up just the part under the 60 section of the back seat? And both on one side of the driveshaft hump?
Lol, Im either picturing this wrong or I dont see how its going to work

Im just checking out your gallery here for the first time and I see you have a Viper amp. Any good? They seem to be pretty cheap for the power they put out, which I like, I was just always a little leary of the quality. How you like yours?

I just found out today that the $()*@! I bought the Mag from didnt ship it out till today. Little irritating, but no biggie I guess. He said that they said it should be here by Thrusday We'll see.
Yeah, shooting for just the 60 section...all I need is 2 ft^3. With the seat lift I might be close, but then again, maybe not...I won't know until I get home Wed to take some measurements. I do know both subs will fit on that side...just not sure what the box volume is. I kinda don't like the idea of one of my W7's on the smaller 40% side like that. That side of the box is shaped differently and seems like I'm getting a different sound out of that sub on certain freqs. So, I thought I would experiment...put both subs on the bigger side. Try seperate chambers (of the exact size & shape) if possible. Or, same box as my current, but with both subs on the same side sharing chambers.

I don't recommend Viper at all. I only got that amp because I needed a big amp and only had a couple hundred $ for one. The guy I sold it to fried it like a month after installing it. AND...I call BS to anyone that says you can't hear an audible difference in amps (especially mono amps), because I set my 9.0 to the same settings as the Viper and nothing else was different and the 9.0 made the Treos sound so much cleaner...they werent as muffled and muddy sounding. BUT...NO...to Viper!

Sorry about the MAG...doesn't the guy understand? Make sure you take some **** pics of the MAG for us when you get it!

Old 04-11-2006, 01:11 PM

The hardest part is going to be waiting to get the Mustang back. I got my tracking number on the amp and it will be here Thursday. So, I will have two Zapco C2K 3.0x amps ready to go and still have another 2-3 weeks till the Stang is ready. Oh well, more time to find something else to replace in it. I am still looking at components for it to replace the Diamond coaxials. According to my source, Q logic is suppose to be shipping kick panels for the Mustang this month. I am kinda thinking Image Chameleons in the 2 ohm version. 150 watts into each set @ 2ohm.

Lol, yeah that sucks when you have the stuff but no vehicle to put it in. Sounds like the Stang is going to have a pretty nice stereo in it though.

Yeah, shooting for just the 60 section...all I need is 2 ft^3. With the seat lift I might be close, but then again, maybe not...I won't know until I get home Wed to take some measurements. I do know both subs will fit on that side...just not sure what the box volume is. I kinda don't like the idea of one of my W7's on the smaller 40% side like that. That side of the box is shaped differently and seems like I'm getting a different sound out of that sub on certain freqs. So, I thought I would experiment...put both subs on the bigger side. Try seperate chambers (of the exact size & shape) if possible. Or, same box as my current, but with both subs on the same side sharing chambers.

I don't recommend Viper at all. I only got that amp because I needed a big amp and only had a couple hundred $ for one. The guy I sold it to fried it like a month after installing it. AND...I call BS to anyone that says you can't hear an audible difference in amps (especially mono amps), because I set my 9.0 to the same settings as the Viper and nothing else was different and the 9.0 made the Treos sound so much cleaner...they werent as muffled and muddy sounding. BUT...NO...to Viper!

Sorry about the MAG...doesn't the guy understand? Make sure you take some **** pics of the MAG for us when you get it!

So your going to need like 11 inches between the bottom of the seat and the driveshaft hump wont you? Thats a big seat lift. Because both subs wont fit on one side of the hump will they? If you know what Im saying.

I didnt think those Vipers were anything special. I guess I know for sure now. I dont want any mediocre crap-although I am a little more lenient an my amp selection. I would still like matching Diamond D5 amps-not the best but they will work for me.

Ill be sure to get some pics of Maggy showing her stuff when she gets here . So like in 5 months probably

Last edited by Bartak1; 04-11-2006 at 01:15 PM.
Old 04-11-2006, 03:25 PM
So your going to need like 11 inches between the bottom of the seat and the driveshaft hump wont you? Thats a big seat lift. Because both subs wont fit on one side of the hump will they? If you know what Im saying.
No, the subs will fit side by side in the 60 area, IIRC. That portion of the box is like 30" plus long. Just unsure of the box volume.

I didnt think those Vipers were anything special. I guess I know for sure now. I dont want any mediocre crap-although I am a little more lenient an my amp selection. I would still like matching Diamond D5 amps-not the best but they will work for me.
Yeah, stay away from Viper!

Ill be sure to get some pics of Maggy showing her stuff when she gets here . So like in 5 months probably
Hopefully, it wont take that long. Can't wait for the pics!

Old 04-11-2006, 03:28 PM
Bryan, that does help. I still need to try and find one and check it for myself but, it sounds like it might work. Might be switching from the D310 to the W200 myself.

I am with Bartak...I am having a little trouble picturing what you are saying.

Congrats on the new amp, again! I thought the D310 was a better unit, but I like the W200 better because it fills the gap and looks more stock. You know the saying...can't have your cake and eat it too!

Old 04-11-2006, 08:54 PM
No, the subs will fit side by side in the 60 area, IIRC. That portion of the box is like 30" plus long.
LMAO...Belay my last guys...I don't what the hell I was thinking, actually I do. I was thinking the top measurement. LOL Now I know why you guys didn't understand. I don't have my truck with me when I'm out here on the island and can't just run out to it and check. I thought the 30" was top & bottom measurements. I'm loosing my mind.

Old 04-11-2006, 09:39 PM
..........when I'm out here on the island......

So you got your own private island too?

Quick Reply: Brypink...Question About Zapco Amp