Brypink...Question About Zapco Amp

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 05:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, I bought my Mom's 2000 Focus (Kona edition). She bought a new Focus the other day. I have been driving it back and forth to work...saving big bucks, $30 every 2-3 days vice $90 every 2-3 days.

The Focus will eventually be my daughters...in 6 months to a year depending on her grades.

Anyway, you know me...I want to put a system in it. I'm not sure if I want to go uber-cheap or sell off my system and have 2 pretty darn nice systems.

BTW, since I bought the car...the motorcycle is out of the question, so says the wife. lol

Old 06-01-2007, 09:46 PM
Deconder I have been reading some of your posts about what head unit to buy and all I can say is SOUND QUALITY. Since you had the system you had, it would be hard to sacrafice sound quality for price, etc. I have listened and installed them all and behind some pretty stout systems, and all I can suggest to you is alpine and/or eclipse. The eclipse 5v or 8v is an excellent preamp, few decks over the years have sounded as good or better. Decks like the alpine 7909 for instance. The 4v preamp of the alpine is a very close second. Kenwood pioneer and clarion simply don't offer a double din deck with that level of preamp period. Remember sound starts at the source. Kinda like putting nitrous on a corrolla, its still a corrolla . If your looking for a deck that you can run a dvd as well as nav the eclipse 6600 or 6610 as well as the 5495 hard drive model can do that for you.

Old 06-02-2007, 03:48 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Sounds like you guys have some nice projects in the works. Sounds like a little bit of a PITA for you D

Bry, Id go with a budget setup in the Focus (Focus..ahaha...sorry ) Selling what you have in the truck for two smaller systems and you will be kicking yourself when your in that 'mood' just to listen if you know what I mean. I know I would be anyway.

Nuthinbut, havent seen you around here for awhile either. Anything new and exciting with you

Myself, nothing really. Got everything in and going, like always, still needs some work though. Im already wanting mo' powa though! Someday.....

Old 06-02-2007, 08:12 PM
D, while I think about it, is there any special trick to that remote gain **** that you know of? I though it was just plug and play but for some reason my stupid self cant figure it out

Old 06-02-2007, 08:16 PM
Originally Posted by Bartak1
D, while I think about it, is there any special trick to that remote gain **** that you know of? I though it was just plug and play but for some reason my stupid self cant figure it out
I actually never used it. But, I have used the Arc ones before and they should be plug and play. It not, the person I got it from may have given me a bad one. I have another that is not Arc but, the same thing basically, if you need it. Just let me know.

Old 06-03-2007, 04:40 PM
Ok, I wasnt sure if I had to do something more to 'activate' (for lack of better words) it to make it work.

I have a Diamond one that looks the same that I will have to try. Thanks

Old 06-19-2007, 12:11 AM
What no posts since 6/3, you need a sandbagger like me to keep this thing alive???!!! Nothin too big going on here, but if I gotta make another fn custom tundra dash kit I'm going to kill someone. I just bought a jeep wrangler to beat on, and before anyone flames me, I am in desperate search for a doner mustang motor for it. I can't wait just when you think you hear yet another mustang a jeep drives by. The turbo snowmobile finally hit the asphalt and ran 8.80 @ 142 in the 1/4. Thats about it for now, Thank god the good weathers hear so I can get some shtuff done.

Old 06-24-2007, 11:23 AM
WoW this thread needs some life !

Old 06-24-2007, 05:56 PM
Originally Posted by nothinbutaford
What no posts since 6/3, you need a sandbagger like me to keep this thing alive???!!! Nothin too big going on here, but if I gotta make another fn custom tundra dash kit I'm going to kill someone. I just bought a jeep wrangler to beat on, and before anyone flames me, I am in desperate search for a doner mustang motor for it. I can't wait just when you think you hear yet another mustang a jeep drives by. The turbo snowmobile finally hit the asphalt and ran 8.80 @ 142 in the 1/4. Thats about it for now, Thank god the good weathers hear so I can get some shtuff done.

Yeah this thread is getting pretty dull huh

Jeep should be a fun little project. I always kinda wanted a jeep for myself...but then again what dont I want.
That snowmobile is Fn crazy too I would shat myself riding something like that lol.

Not much new with me. I sold a buddy a few things that we put in his Xpedition. We have been working on that lately.
My old 12" AA Atlas running off my old Diamond Audio D5600.2. Its an SQ sub, but he wants it loud lol. Its interesting trying to make it loud. Built a ported box for it, 2 cubes at 34 hz. SQ is still suprisingly decent, and output suprised the heck outta me.
Anyway, he is a body man, so he is going to do a little bit of glass/bondo work on my box and paint it for me. Next week he said he can probably get ahold of some supplies. Then its just whenever I get my box over to him.

Finally emailed Arc about my remote gain too. Turns out I ended up with the wrong remote somehow. He sent me one out and it should be here in a few days. Good deal, I love a remote gain.

Still need to mess with my front stage for a little better imaging too. Im slow with this stuff...

Old 06-25-2007, 12:08 AM
I'll do my duty!
Got my setup alive again, waiting for a check from UPS. Sent in my amp for repairs and apparently they had knocked something loose in there. Decided to buy a new amp instead.

Waiting to buy brypinks box off of him seeing as my last box didn't go as well as it should.

Speaking of building, I was considering building an amp board for my two amps. I was thinking along the lines of back panel > Mdf > amps with some fan's added in. Any recommendations on the fans and how to power them? I was considering fabricating a enclosed box with the fans blowing and having a tube connected to one of the vents we have in our back panel. No hot air trapped there. Thoughts?

-Ben

Quick Reply: Brypink...Question About Zapco Amp