Brypink...Question About Zapco Amp

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 06:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glad to see your still kicken Bryan. Well one thing new I finally got my amps and BM12's installed and running. And I gotta say those things really pack one hell of a punch. My steering wheel was bouncing like an inch up and down and I never seen that happen before. Gotta lot of tweaking left to do. Plus install those germs and new speaker wire all the way around.

Old 04-27-2007, 10:41 PM
It's the plains states install thread!

I pulled 1/0 thru the firewall tonight and pulled off the passenger front door skin to continue the sound deadening.

Tomorrow is sound deadening, amp rack build, fabbing the front comp rings and mounting the Germs up front.

Old 04-28-2007, 01:39 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by brypink2
What the hell is going on around here?!

Hey guys, I see alot has changed. Not much on my end. Turned 40, went to Michigan, tried to party like I was 20, working, doing odd and end jobs around the house. I haven't paid much attention to my truck. Been keeping busy with the kids' sports and such. Also, only being home on the weekends (except this weekend) makes it hard. I've been concentrating on my HT set-up anyway. I got to get it pieced together and get it up and running.

I scroll through the other threads, but I get bored with them too fast. It's always the same thing (it seems like) over, and over, and over again.

Anyway, just checking in.
Well gawdammet its about time you show up Ive been meaning to email you the last few days to see what the heck you were up to or if you went to jail or something

Its so d@mn nice here today, sunny, 80 degrees, I need to get off this computer and go do something. I think I am going to try to find something do with the amps. I wish my 1/0 would come today, proably wont be here for like a week though Im really in the mood to do things right now but I dont really have anything. I need other things before I can start on one thing and yadda yadda.

SCrewed, where did you run your 1/0 though the firewall?

Oh yeah, HAPPY BIRTHDAY OLD MAN

Old 04-28-2007, 07:04 PM
Thanks for the b-day comment!

SI makes really nice subs and the BM12 is no exception. I'm glad you are happy with it.

Old 04-29-2007, 12:25 AM
Originally Posted by Bartak1
SCrewed, where did you run your 1/0 though the firewall?
The big grommet straight behind the battery that I read about in one of Bryan's posts. Speaking of which, I owe you, Bryan, Doug, Impact and quite a few others a big thank you for all the incredibly helpful info I've gleaned from the posts you all have made.

I had to cut it open to get the 1/0 thru and reaching up behind the dash to pull it sliced the he!! out of my hand, but it's done. Made the amp rack out of 3/4 MDF measuring 53x20. The Kicker 2500.1 and the Zapco AG750.2 just barely fit side by side. With the crossovers, distro, and relocation of the stock security brain its pretty full. I test mounted the seat back and it's pretty tight. I hope the amps stay cool enough.

I filled the back wall voids with Great Stuff so tomorrow should be one full day of nonstop sound deadening on the back wall, floor pan and remaining doors. D@mn, I'm ready to hit those subs with some juice!

Old 04-29-2007, 03:47 PM
Thanks for the b-day comment!

No problem

Originally Posted by Im_SCrewed
The big grommet straight behind the battery that I read about in one of Bryan's posts. Speaking of which, I owe you, Bryan, Doug, Impact and quite a few others a big thank you for all the incredibly helpful info I've gleaned from the posts you all have made.

I had to cut it open to get the 1/0 thru and reaching up behind the dash to pull it sliced the he!! out of my hand, but it's done. Made the amp rack out of 3/4 MDF measuring 53x20. The Kicker 2500.1 and the Zapco AG750.2 just barely fit side by side. With the crossovers, distro, and relocation of the stock security brain its pretty full. I test mounted the seat back and it's pretty tight. I hope the amps stay cool enough.

I filled the back wall voids with Great Stuff so tomorrow should be one full day of nonstop sound deadening on the back wall, floor pan and remaining doors. D@mn, I'm ready to hit those subs with some juice!
Awsome, Ill have to look around for that grommet later today. There is so much wiring under those sill plates too; running 1/0 under there looks like it could be a PITA too.

Just be glad your almost done with your install. I still have everthing to do. Im not sure if Im excited about that, or dreading it lol.

Im going a difference route with my box than I had planned. I decided to make it just take up the space behind the passengers and middle seat, and make it taller. That way I have some space right behind my seat to throw stuff, plus I think I will mount the amps stacked verticly on the back wall on the drivers side. I ended up getting about .2 cuft per sub more, so Im up to JUST under 1 cu ft. per sub, which I like better. I though I had enough MDF laying around here too, but now Im thinking not. Probably wont be able to get any more of that till next Monday at the soonest.

Old 04-29-2007, 10:58 PM
Don't worry there's enough room for the 1/0 and passenger door speaker wire along the passenger side sill plate. I'll be interested to see where you decide to mount the fuse for the 1/0. I think I'll put it on the side wall beside the battery just under the hood line. As far as being almost done...

I just need to mount the head unit, mount the fuse, fab and mount the adapter rings for the comps, mount the tweets, finish the sound deadener, run the Symbilink, run the driver side speaker wire, do the big 3, then TROUBLESHOOT the inevitable screwups.

I will say the sound deadener is great. I've been driving around with no back seat and a bare back wall. That lets in a LOT of road noise. After deadening the back wall and rear half of the floor pan, I'm amazed at the difference. Definitely a worthwhile mod.

Keep us posted on the sub box idea. I'll be looking forward to the pics and your impressions when you get done.

Old 04-29-2007, 11:45 PM
I havent though much about where the fuseholder would go and such. Minor things havent gotta a whole lot of attention yet. Im really hoping I get that amp kit this week though.

I didnt get to look at that grommet or anything today. I decided to clean out my truck instead, then I had to do some filing on the trim ring that came with my dash kit because the faceplate hit it when it opened. Then I did a little tuning I never end up doing what I have planned

Sounddeadener is going to come later for me, but I wish it wouldnt. With the back wall and cab vents RIGHT THERE in my reg. cab, I get a lot of noise from there. The seats on the Scabs and Screws really absorb a lot of that noise.

I messed around with my new box idea a little today and the Mags are JUST going to fit. I think the magnets edge will be just kissing the slanted front of the box. Might have to do some work there. I still think its a lot better idea this way though.

Old 04-30-2007, 12:02 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
def get rid of those vents man. I remember it was close to 3am and pat and i were putting deadener in my truck and he looked over and asked me if i wanted them or not and i said if theyre gonna rattle then no. No sooner did i speak those words did he completely smash one with a hammer. Haha i guess i didnt have a choice at that point but im glad theyre gone. I remember when i had my 4 12's those things rattled bad. 2 mags in a reg cab, youre gonna want to get rid of those puppies

Old 04-30-2007, 12:04 AM
In other news, i'm about to pull the trigger on a double din. I have it narrowed to 3. The clarion max675, and the kenwood 6019 or 7017. The only problem is getting the 7017 to fit in my budget and still have a warranty would require buying a refurb one and im not sure if i want to do that.

Old 04-30-2007, 02:37 PM
What the hell is going on around here?!

Hey guys, I see alot has changed. Not much on my end. Turned 40, went to Michigan, tried to party like I was 20, working, doing odd and end jobs around the house. I haven't paid much attention to my truck. Been keeping busy with the kids' sports and such. Also, only being home on the weekends (except this weekend) makes it hard. I've been concentrating on my HT set-up anyway. I got to get it pieced together and get it up and running.

I scroll through the other threads, but I get bored with them too fast. It's always the same thing (it seems like) over, and over, and over again.

Anyway, just checking in.

You sir are now offically OLD !

Old 04-30-2007, 08:17 PM
Originally Posted by Jwool15
def get rid of those vents man. I remember it was close to 3am and pat and i were putting deadener in my truck and he looked over and asked me if i wanted them or not and i said if theyre gonna rattle then no. No sooner did i speak those words did he completely smash one with a hammer. Haha i guess i didnt have a choice at that point but im glad theyre gone. I remember when i had my 4 12's those things rattled bad. 2 mags in a reg cab, youre gonna want to get rid of those puppies

Yeah I had duct tape over the vents in my 99 . Even my two Atlass would make those things flap like crazy, so like you said, the Mags in this little cab would definatley drive my insane

Old 05-02-2007, 11:38 AM
yea man i hate rattles they blow

Old 05-03-2007, 01:58 AM
Hey brypink!

Think you got some time to go over some box ideas with me?

I'll be in the temecula/murrieta/fallbrooke area on the 6th to be exact. Picking up a 16614 exhaust from another member here.

Unfortunately I don't have the tools and skills on creating a box, like I said I'm a serta rep so. . . Trade ya a good deal on a mattress for some help on a box

-Ben

Old 05-08-2007, 10:51 PM
Man no replies to this thread in 5 days. What the hell is going on?

Quick Reply: Brypink...Question About Zapco Amp