Brypink...Question About Zapco Amp

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 07:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know the 12d4 calls for 6" md, but is that possible to obtain from under the back seat, even with a lift?

Old 04-25-2006, 07:55 PM
Brypinks box has 10s firing parallel to the seat, so Im gona say its possible.

Old 04-25-2006, 10:20 PM
Doug - Good to see you had no major snags w/ the seat lift.

You should be able to get anywhere from 6.5"-7" of mounting depth (down firing & 3/4" MDF) w/ about 3" clearance. If you need less than 3" clearance...then obviously you can get more mounting depth. Box volume, I don't yet, I haven't added it up. Still trying to decide which sub I want to use. Those diymas are going to take a while...don't know If I want to wait. The 12W6v2 doesn't need to much clearance...IIRC, only like 1.5" - 1.75". Then the MAG...needs 2.25" (is that we decided Bart?).

You wont be able to foward firing a 12" sub...not enough room. But, if you foward firing a 10"...you got gobs of mounting depth...up to 11".

Old 04-25-2006, 10:32 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by brypink2
Then the MAG...needs 2.25" (is that we decided Bart?).
At the very least

Old 04-25-2006, 10:32 PM
I think 6" will be no problem at all. I will do some more checking tomorrow on depths. I can say that I have a 10" wedge shaped truck box that slide right in the opening. Right now it is sitting on the hump and the drivers side LMI bracket so, it has at least 2 1/2" of clearance to the floor and the box is like 8" tall at its widest and it will slide under the seat and fit kinda snug. Hopefully, I can update tomorrow with more.

Old 04-25-2006, 11:05 PM
Yeah, 8" up front, 6" maybe 7" in the back. Like 18" from front to back. I can't remember overall length...I think like 50" or 51", IIRC. 5.5" for the cut out (bracket). 13" max for the small side and I think 32" for the long side.

This is all from memory...cause I'm at work and not around my truck. Hope this helps.

Gotta go...off to the gun range, doing a night shoot. I'm the Range Safety Officer...need to make sure my guys stay safe!

Old 04-28-2006, 06:44 PM
Yeaaaahhhhhhhhhhh.....soooooo......what's going on?

Nothing new here really. Money for my Eclipse HU was recieved today, will ship out Monday he says-cool news for me.
Still looking for amps though...seems to be impossible to find a D51200.1.
I would like to make a new box, but Im looking for a different truck and dont want to build something and use it for 3 weeks, then have to build another box.

Old 04-28-2006, 07:47 PM
Originally Posted by Bartak1
Yeaaaahhhhhhhhhhh.....soooooo......what's going on?

Nothing new here really. Money for my Eclipse HU was recieved today, will ship out Monday he says-cool news for me.
Still looking for amps though...seems to be impossible to find a D51200.1.
I would like to make a new box, but Im looking for a different truck and dont want to build something and use it for 3 weeks, then have to build another box.

Not much new here either. Got my new LT handles in and gonna install those this weekend I think.

I finally sold my Treos. Yeah! Not sure if that money is going back into stereo stuff though. I need to get my Lariat flares painted.

I'm taking some time off next week (3rd - 16th). Got alot to do during that time. Going to a wedding in Arizona, need to take the truck in for warranty work (3rd time), and want to start on that box for the 2 12" subs. Still not sure which ones. I had another thought about a box for 2 IDMAX12's...not sure it will work. This next box will be a trial and error type of box. LOL

Old 04-28-2006, 10:14 PM
Let's see. I got the seat lift kit in this week, which you already know. I went by and got the Arc 12" out of the Mustang. I think a simple wedge box is going to slide under perfectly.

I also put an Alpine PKG-1000 in the Pilot yesterday. That took a while. I had to drop the entire headliner and make a mounting bracket. But, it looks awesome and my little boy loves it.

Old 04-29-2006, 01:56 PM
Originally Posted by dconder
Let's see. I got the seat lift kit in this week, which you already know. I went by and got the Arc 12" out of the Mustang. I think a simple wedge box is going to slide under perfectly.

I also put an Alpine PKG-1000 in the Pilot yesterday. That took a while. I had to drop the entire headliner and make a mounting bracket. But, it looks awesome and my little boy loves it.
How about some pics of the pkg-1000. I've been thinking about putting one in my truck for Bryan Jr. The mounting bracket is my biggest concern. Alpine was suppose to make an OEM bracket for our rail system, but decided not too. Those PUNKS! LOL

EDIT: I think I might be listing my 10W7 box in the classifieds. What do you think is a decent price?

Old 04-29-2006, 01:58 PM
Bryan,

I just saw your ad on elite. You are selling the Zapco 9.0? Do you have two of them or are you replacing it with something else? I guess you are going with the JL W6V2 or SI Mag?

I was hoping to build the box for the Arc 12" today but, not going to get to it. I sold the Q Logic Q custom to another forum member. Right now, I have a wedge shaped truck box with my Adire Koda in it. The box is 20" long x 15" deep x 8 3/4" x 4 7/8" tall. It slides perfectly under the seat. The right side sits on the lift kit bracket and the left side sits on the hump. And the sub sits a couple of inches off the carpet. I am thinking about building one just like it only longer. Maybe up to like 29" or so to get enough air space for the sub. I was amazed that the angle of the box is a perfect fit for the angle of the seat with the lift kit. And I think it has just enough depth for the Arc 12". I was thinking about buying a premade 12" box but, the problem is, the sub needs to sit under the drivers seat and with the premade boxes, the cutout is in the center of the box and the sub would be really close if not sitting on the carpet. The cutout has to be offset to the drivers side. Hopefully, in the next few days, I will get something made.

Old 04-29-2006, 02:24 PM
Originally Posted by dconder
Bryan,

I just saw your ad on elite. You are selling the Zapco 9.0? Do you have two of them or are you replacing it with something else? I guess you are going with the JL W6V2 or SI Mag?

I was hoping to build the box for the Arc 12" today but, not going to get to it. I sold the Q Logic Q custom to another forum member. Right now, I have a wedge shaped truck box with my Adire Koda in it. The box is 20" long x 15" deep x 8 3/4" x 4 7/8" tall. It slides perfectly under the seat. The right side sits on the lift kit bracket and the left side sits on the hump. And the sub sits a couple of inches off the carpet. I am thinking about building one just like it only longer. Maybe up to like 29" or so to get enough air space for the sub. I was amazed that the angle of the box is a perfect fit for the angle of the seat with the lift kit. And I think it has just enough depth for the Arc 12". I was thinking about buying a premade 12" box but, the problem is, the sub needs to sit under the drivers seat and with the premade boxes, the cutout is in the center of the box and the sub would be really close if not sitting on the carpet. The cutout has to be offset to the drivers side. Hopefully, in the next few days, I will get something made.
I need a 2 ohm version 9.0...mine is the 4 ohm version (dB drag modded). I'm still not sure which sub to go with. I even thought about squeezing in 2 12W7's. LOL The box would be like my one now. The only thing is the front would be squishing the seat cushion (about an inch) due to the height. I would make it extend further under the seat to about 20" (instead of 18"). All the other dimensions would be about the same. This would give me about 3.1 ft^3 total box volume. I not sure if it will fit, I gotta make a skeleton first to see if it will squeeze under there. I thought about putting some kind of spacer under the seat lift to bring it up a bit too.

The 12W7 is my absolute favorite sub. I think it's because I ran one before and loved it! I love the IDMAX and MAG...but never actually ran one.

I think on my time off I will be adding even more sound deadening to my truck, put some deflex in the doors, clean up the wires a bit, etc.

Old 04-29-2006, 06:35 PM
What are those 9.0's rated for again? Youve told me about 300 times I think but I cant remember. Something that would work decent on a single Mag??

Dconder, pics pics pics

Oh yeah Bryan, Ill give you 50 bucks for both of the W7's......Deal? :P

Old 04-29-2006, 07:11 PM
Originally Posted by Bartak1
What are those 9.0's rated for again? Youve told me about 300 times I think but I cant remember. Something that would work decent on a single Mag??

Dconder, pics pics pics

Oh yeah Bryan, Ill give you 50 bucks for both of the W7's......Deal? :P
Both versions of the 9.0 (2 ohm and 4 ohm) are rated at 2200 watts bridged mono but can do more like 3000. They can do short burst up to 5500 watts.

On that MAG...I would get a 1100.1 or the BADA$$ DC Reference 1100.1!!!

I'll sell you the manufacturer's box the W7 came in for $50!

Old 04-29-2006, 08:14 PM
Bartak.... I will take some pics. I am hoping to get one built this week as I am leaving town for a week on the 8th. It is killing me not to be able to hear the 12" in there.

Bryan...Do you think there would be any bad effects to running a Zapco 3.0x using balanced and running two Arc amps with RCA? I sold one of the 3.0x amps and the other one developed a problem so, I sent it back to Zapco. When I get it back, I am thinking about running it bridged at 2 ohm for 600 watts to the Arc or maybe an IDMAX 10" later on. What do you think? It will probably be another 2-3 weeks before I get the amp back but, the system would look like this:

Arc 5150XXK running in 3 channel mode: 150 x 2 for fronts and 100 x 1 for center channel

Arc 2050XXK running 50 x 2 to the rears

Zapco 3.0x running 600 x 1 @ 2ohm.

Quick Reply: Brypink...Question About Zapco Amp