Brypink...Question About Zapco Amp

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2006, 10:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got the subs today!!! Look AWESOME! Might even get them to work. We'll see. My amp still at Zapco and they haven't even started on it. Might be a good thing...I had to call them and tell them not to convert it to a 2ohm. But now I might be calling them back to convert it.

Old 05-18-2006, 11:16 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
MAKE them fit. Selling them and going with any other sub would just be, well.......wrong

Old 05-19-2006, 04:18 AM
Dconder...

For the features you wanted i think the IVA-W200 is the unit you want. The price seems very competitive. you should be able to get one for about 800. I am planning on going with the MRA-D550 Alpine amp (that is the one with 5.1). But if you already have amps i would go with the h701. You can find it for a decent price on ebay if you keep an eye out.

-stephen

PS I got the Arc sub in record time! It looks right at home in the Q logic box. The Q-logic box is also about 1000x better than the musicmoose. I didn't get it installed yet. Im waiting on power wire from ebay... I do have one questions for you though. Did you use the polyfill? the sub says .65 cu ft sealed enclosure... and that is exactly what the Q logic box is... But im not sure if i should use it anyway or not.

Old 05-19-2006, 07:23 AM
Originally Posted by 2000F150HD
Dconder...

PS I got the Arc sub in record time! It looks right at home in the Q logic box. The Q-logic box is also about 1000x better than the musicmoose. I didn't get it installed yet. Im waiting on power wire from ebay... I do have one questions for you though. Did you use the polyfill? the sub says .65 cu ft sealed enclosure... and that is exactly what the Q logic box is... But im not sure if i should use it anyway or not.

I did use the polyfill. Although, with or without polyfill in any enclosure I have ever had, I have never been able to hear a difference in sound. I would try it both ways.

Old 05-19-2006, 05:34 PM
Well, I went ahead and pulled the trigger. Tuan emailed me that he just got 4 Alpine IVA-W200 in and they were going fast. I grabbed one up quick. Price was great. Should be here next week sometime. Now the search begins for a good deal on a PXA-H701 and the Sirius tuner. The Kenwood setup I think is sold so I am pulling it probably tomorrow and putting the factory radio in till the Alpine gets here.

To be continued....

Old 05-19-2006, 06:20 PM
Awsome. Get pics of that thing when you get it in.

Old 05-19-2006, 10:15 PM
Originally Posted by dconder
Well, I went ahead and pulled the trigger. Tuan emailed me that he just got 4 Alpine IVA-W200 in and they were going fast. I grabbed one up quick. Price was great. Should be here next week sometime. Now the search begins for a good deal on a PXA-H701 and the Sirius tuner. The Kenwood setup I think is sold so I am pulling it probably tomorrow and putting the factory radio in till the Alpine gets here.

To be continued....
Tuan is killing me! Doug...you have my face plate. LOL Did you get it for what I said? I might be getting a new H701...this one has some noise issues with the volume control. Nothing major though.

Old 05-20-2006, 08:11 AM
Originally Posted by brypink2
Tuan is killing me! Doug...you have my face plate. LOL Did you get it for what I said? I might be getting a new H701...this one has some noise issues with the volume control. Nothing major though.

I had to pay shipping and paypal but, it was still only $850 shipped total. He has the H701 for around $375. I am hoping to find something cheaper this time.

Old 05-24-2006, 12:42 PM
Latest update:

I just made a deal this morning for a DLS A5. I am trading my 3 Arc amps for the A5 plus some cash. It will be next week before it happens but, I am really jacked about it. 85 x 2 for the Rainbows and 500 watts to the Arc sub.

Old 05-27-2006, 07:53 PM
Awsome that you got the A5 D.

I wont be around for like a month or so-so Ill talk to you guys later

This thread is dead too. Whats with that?

Old 05-28-2006, 01:18 PM
I guess we are all just too busy right now.

Old 05-28-2006, 01:27 PM
Bart - WOW...a whole month? Where are you going?

Doug - I'm glad you got the DLS amp...I still think the C2K's are better! I like the symbilink feature.

I just got me a DC360.4 (I wish a DC750.2) off of Ebay. I also have the DC350.2. My Morel Elate mids should be here next week. Almost have the sub box finished too.

I hate doing stuff a little bit at a time. Kinda waiting for everything to be here and do it all at once. I hate taking the truck apart and putting it back together.

Old 06-20-2006, 01:54 PM
Originally Posted by brypink2
Bart - WOW...a whole month? Where are you going?
HELL!!!!!

Way to keep the thread going while Ive been gone guys-no post for a month LOL

So guys, what the hecks been goin' on?? Nothing new on the stereo here really. I think I might have a deal on a D5 1200.1 and 300.2, Ill have to see what happens though. Id kind of like a little more power than that on the front stage, but if I get a good price Ill probably just stick with the 300.2 (75x2 wrms) I probably wont do much more until I find a different truck then. Hopefully some kick panels and a nice box and amp rack; get a nice COMPLETE install done

So fill me/us in-whats been goin on with you guys?

Old 06-20-2006, 02:57 PM
Originally Posted by Bartak1
HELL!!!!!

Way to keep the thread going while Ive been gone guys-no post for a month LOL

So guys, what the hecks been goin' on?? Nothing new on the stereo here really. I think I might have a deal on a D5 1200.1 and 300.2, Ill have to see what happens though. Id kind of like a little more power than that on the front stage, but if I get a good price Ill probably just stick with the 300.2 (75x2 wrms) I probably wont do much more until I find a different truck then. Hopefully some kick panels and a nice box and amp rack; get a nice COMPLETE install done

So fill me/us in-whats been goin on with you guys?
Well, WELCOME back Bart! How was HELL?

You know...you are the glue that keeps this thread alive...without you this thread is like an old truck kept together by dirt, dust and mud...without it...it just falls apart! lol

Anyway, my update...I got everything thing in and installed subs/box (still a raw finish though), Morel Elate mids, Morel tweeters, DC360.4, DC350.2 and running active. Well, the Mids don't sound good in an IB set-up and I can't get good midbass out of them no matter what xover points I set them at or EQ tweaking I throw at them. So, after some debating (with myself and others)...I'm going back to a passive set-up (also, I can keep my 5.1 that way too). The mids I'm getting now are...*drum roll please*.........Rainbow PowerLine CS!!!! They will be a tight fit, but I think I can make it happen. You know me and those tight fits...I love a challenge! And, we'll leave that comment at that. lol

I'm also getting rid of the DC reference Zapcos...I don't need their digital capabilities...I don't know why I got them in the first place. To power those power hungry monster Rainbows, I will be getting another 9.0 (I think). I also have some Rainbow SL coaxials coming for 5.1 and I will throw my old 350.2 on those.

Other than that...that's it for me. Over to you Doug.

Old 06-20-2006, 03:53 PM
Glad to have you back Bartak. Bryan and I just figured it was pointless to post without you

Here we go:

I dumped the entire Kenwood A/V setup and got an Alpine IVA-W200. I sold both the Zapco 3.0x amps without ever using them. I traded my Arc 5150 and the two 2050's for the DLS A5 and some cash and man, is that a beauty of an amp. Then, I turned around and sold it without ever hearing it. After much debate, I decided to try out the Alpine MRA-D550 theater amp with the built in 5.1 processing. I got the Alpine 605 sub amp to go with it. I installed them both last week. I still need to do some tweaking but, so far so good. The 550 has built in Dolby Digital and DTS, crossovers, time alignment and a few other goodies. It does not have all the processing power of the H701 but, I just did not need all of it. And the cost of buying another H701 was a factor.

As I type, my truck is inside my shop in pieces. I am moving the Alpine amps to behind the rear seat. I had to adjust the keyless entry box (at least I think that is what it is), in order for the 605 to fit. The 550 will go where my Arc amp was and on the left and the 605 on the right of the seat belt bracket. One of the cool things about the 550 is no rca cables. I run an ai-net cable and an optical cable from the W200 to the amp and run a single rca from the 550 to the 605. Pretty cool and no noise issues in the rca's to deal with. Now hopefully, no customers will walk in and see me working on my stereo in my truck. That's it for now. The next big idea is thinking about replacing the Rainbow Contours with some 6 1/2" components for a little more midbass. The problem is finding a good set of components that will run really good with 75 watts to them. Plus, having to buy two sets of components if I want to run the same center channel as the front comps.

As always, to be continued.....

Quick Reply: Brypink...Question About Zapco Amp