Northeast CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, VT, WV

Wheres New jersey

Old 05-14-2006, 11:11 PM
Originally Posted by BREWDUDE
Nope...I worked all day until 6:30pm then went home.

BREW
Cool. Just an update. Went saw mom most of day today, she looked a lot better and getting ready for surgery. So hopefully Tuesday goes a success. Thanks for all the prayers guys!!!

Old 05-15-2006, 02:03 PM
Originally Posted by lovetrucks
Yeah...I kinda miss seeing all those little motels. Originally I heard they were going to restore Wildwood back to the doo-wop era. Fix up all the motels. But even the ones that haven't been replaced by condos are adding 3 bedroom suites which are very pricey.
Over 100 of the Doo-Wop motels have already been torn down. There is a husband and wife that bought the Doctors Inn in Cape May Court House after selling their Wildwood motel for 13 million. The Doctors Inn is a restaurant and B&B they bought for 2 million. So that leaves them a nice chunk of change leftover.

It's quite hard to not sell out to Developers when they are offering these kind of buy outs. And people from the Philly area have no problem shelling out over a million bucks for a Condo.

The younger crowd will eventually be squeezed out and the area will become more of a family environment. The weekend events they have through out the year will probably die since motels are required for these activities to take place.

Kiss those Wildwood Days goodbye.

Old 05-15-2006, 03:50 PM
Originally Posted by 6T6CPE
Over 100 of the Doo-Wop motels have already been torn down. There is a husband and wife that bought the Doctors Inn in Cape May Court House after selling their Wildwood motel for 13 million. The Doctors Inn is a restaurant and B&B they bought for 2 million. So that leaves them a nice chunk of change leftover.

It's quite hard to not sell out to Developers when they are offering these kind of buy outs. And people from the Philly area have no problem shelling out over a million bucks for a Condo.

The younger crowd will eventually be squeezed out and the area will become more of a family environment. The weekend events they have through out the year will probably die since motels are required for these activities to take place.

Kiss those Wildwood Days goodbye.
Yup....it's a shame isn't it? I mean the condos are all beautiful, but the motels are what Wildwood was all about. All those crazy looking motels along the beach. Oh well. I have stayed in some condos along with the motels. Condos are so strict with everthing. I just booked my week for the summer, so I get to see how much it has changed from last year.

Old 05-15-2006, 09:53 PM
Originally Posted by 150Lariat2000
Cool. Just an update. Went saw mom most of day today, she looked a lot better and getting ready for surgery. So hopefully Tuesday goes a success. Thanks for all the prayers guys!!!

Thats great man, It sounds like she should pull thru the surgery just fine...Glad to hear it.

BREW

Old 05-15-2006, 09:54 PM
I just booked my week for the summer, so I get to see how much it has changed from last year.

Oh yeh.......and when and where might this be?

BREW

Old 05-15-2006, 11:21 PM
Oh yeh.......and when and where might this be?

BREW

That's classified information.......(ssshhhh....I'll PM you as it gets closer).

Old 05-15-2006, 11:55 PM
That's classified information.......(ssshhhh....I'll PM you as it gets closer).

Mum's the word....

BREW

Old 05-16-2006, 12:35 PM
Mum's the word....

BREW
Better stamp a sign on your forehead so he knows who you are.

Old 05-16-2006, 05:23 PM
Originally Posted by 6T6CPE
Better stamp a sign on your forehead so he knows who you are.

I'll go to the boardwalk and get a decaled T-Shirt with "lovetrucks" on it!

Old 05-16-2006, 06:17 PM
I'll go to the boardwalk and get a decaled T-Shirt with "lovetrucks" on it!

BREW

Old 05-17-2006, 01:55 AM

BREW
Unless you'd rather the big ole stamp on my forehead?

Old 05-17-2006, 09:31 AM
Hey Everyone. Just a little update. My mothers surgery was yesterday and the doctor was very please with it. Long day, probably lost some hair and turned some others gray. Otherwise just so busy, but allowing my truck to get a rest. Keep u up to date when I get more info.

Old 05-17-2006, 09:46 AM
Hey Everyone. Just a little update. My mothers surgery was yesterday and the doctor was very please with it. Long day, probably lost some hair and turned some others gray. Otherwise just so busy, but allowing my truck to get a rest. Keep u up to date when I get more info.
Great News man...Glad to hear it. Lets hope for a quick recovery and some rest for you

BREW

Old 05-18-2006, 12:46 AM
Great News man...Glad to hear it. Lets hope for a quick recovery and some rest for you

BREW
Yeah need a lot of rest. Just got home now from the hospital as she is now out of the ICU. She doing well and probably be in the hospital for atleast another week.

Old 05-18-2006, 11:52 AM
Yeah need a lot of rest. Just got home now from the hospital as she is now out of the ICU. She doing well and probably be in the hospital for atleast another week.

Glad to hear she is doing well.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Wheres New jersey

Sponsors

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: