Northeast CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, VT, WV

Wheres New jersey

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 05:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BREWDUDE
Well come on down....

BREW
Yea I know the wifes been wanting to go to AC one night or weekend. I might actually make it down there, I might even go to wildwood for the annual firemans convention in Sept.

Old 05-11-2006, 07:23 PM
Originally Posted by smkeater
Yea I know the wifes been wanting to go to AC one night or weekend. I might actually make it down there, I might even go to wildwood for the annual firemans convention in Sept.

I think this year or next year will be the last of the convention down here. I guess Wildwood is putting up to many condos and getting rid of all the hotels, so the Firemen have no place to stay. I guess they're pretty pissed about it to....it sucks, cause its a good time for those guys and brings a lot of revenue to the city. But I guess they dont care....they make enough money off the shoobies all summer...UGhhhhh

If you make it down, let me know. Im right here.

BREW

Old 05-11-2006, 10:29 PM
Yeah...I kinda miss seeing all those little motels. Originally I heard they were going to restore Wildwood back to the doo-wop era. Fix up all the motels. But even the ones that haven't been replaced by condos are adding 3 bedroom suites which are very pricey.

Old 05-11-2006, 11:56 PM
I think this year or next year will be the last of the convention down here. I guess Wildwood is putting up to many condos and getting rid of all the hotels, so the Firemen have no place to stay. I guess they're pretty pissed about it to....it sucks, cause its a good time for those guys and brings a lot of revenue to the city. But I guess they dont care....they make enough money off the shoobies all summer...UGhhhhh

If you make it down, let me know. Im right here.

BREW
Pretty much of the hotels I used to stay at as a kid and growing up during the coventions are long gone. Its a shame, but also I am embarassed by my fellow firefighters the ones that destroy and ruin thigs for others. Wildwood has hadan ill taste for the convention the last few years it has it good as well as bad. Ill let you know when I head down our way.

Old 05-12-2006, 08:48 AM
Originally Posted by smkeater
Pretty much of the hotels I used to stay at as a kid and growing up during the coventions are long gone. Its a shame, but also I am embarassed by my fellow firefighters the ones that destroy and ruin thigs for others. Wildwood has hadan ill taste for the convention the last few years it has it good as well as bad. Ill let you know when I head down our way.
Yeah. I usally go down there for the fireman's convention as there is an award under my grandfathers name. It is usually one of the last awards given out. Usually go down that night wit family to hand it out.

Old 05-12-2006, 08:50 AM
Well guys, I hate to bring in my personal life but it has been a really rough week for me. Finished this year of college and one more to, which is great but also my mother been back in the hospital since Monday. On Wednesday she was transferred up to University of Penn to have surgery by one top doctors in the US. When getting there, doctor said she was not strong enough for surgery and they needed to get her stronger before surgery. Just had let stuff out. IT was nice finally to get home last night and see my dad and tonight I finally will get to go see my mom. My girlfriend on the other hand, supported and got me through this week, she great.

Old 05-12-2006, 10:30 AM
Originally Posted by 150Lariat2000
Well guys, I hate to bring in my personal life but it has been a really rough week for me. Finished this year of college and one more to, which is great but also my mother been back in the hospital since Monday. On Wednesday she was transferred up to University of Penn to have surgery by one top doctors in the US. When getting there, doctor said she was not strong enough for surgery and they needed to get her stronger before surgery. Just had let stuff out. IT was nice finally to get home last night and see my dad and tonight I finally will get to go see my mom. My girlfriend on the other hand, supported and got me through this week, she great.

Im sure this is a tuff time for you. I hope all goes well and your mom gets strong enough to have the surgery. I went thru it almost 10 years ago when my dad was diagnosed with cancer. By the time they found it, it was already to late and nothing could be done. I had to stand by helplessly for 5 months and watch my dad fade away. I hope you dont have to go thru any of this. You and your family will be in my prayers.

If you need anything...a beer, someone to talk ( type ) to whatever...let me know..drop me an email anytime if you want. My address is in my gallery.

Hang tough and stay strong for your mom.

BREW

Old 05-12-2006, 11:52 AM
Sorry to hear about your mom, hope all works out for the best. Anytime you wanna burn your fingers typing just hammer away no prob, my email is in my gallery as well.

Old 05-12-2006, 11:08 PM
Thanks Guys! Finally got to go up and see her tonight. I was happy to see her tonight but also very sad a the same time. She is starting to get stronger so she will be able to have surgery. She took a walk with me tonight and had her hair cut done today which made her happy. She was really worn out tonight but going well. Will keep you guys updated, Tuesday willl be the huge day, so just want get over it and go safely.

Old 05-12-2006, 11:14 PM
150.....I will keep her in my prayers.

Old 05-12-2006, 11:14 PM
Thanks Guys! Finally got to go up and see her tonight. I was happy to see her tonight but also very sad a the same time. She is starting to get stronger so she will be able to have surgery. She took a walk with me tonight and had her hair cut done today which made her happy. She was really worn out tonight but going well. Will keep you guys updated, Tuesday willl be the huge day, so just want get over it and go safely.

Glad to hear it bro. Sounds as if shes getting stronger, she should do well thru the surgery

BREW

Old 05-12-2006, 11:21 PM
Yeah Def. will get through surgery. She up at the University of Penn and the Doctor is the top of doctors in US that makes me happy. Also trying be there for my dad, he wearing himself down a little, driving back and fourth to PA everyday and working in the daytime before going up. Trying take every chance possible to see my mom and also help my dad so he can sleep when I drive.
On another note the hospital said my truck would not fit int he parking garage as I had pay $9.00 an hour to park but I saw a lot of Suburbans and Escalades in the garage. Aren't I the same height as them.

Old 05-13-2006, 08:48 AM
Yeah Def. will get through surgery. She up at the University of Penn and the Doctor is the top of doctors in US that makes me happy. Also trying be there for my dad, he wearing himself down a little, driving back and fourth to PA everyday and working in the daytime before going up. Trying take every chance possible to see my mom and also help my dad so he can sleep when I drive.
On another note the hospital said my truck would not fit int he parking garage as I had pay $9.00 an hour to park but I saw a lot of Suburbans and Escalades in the garage. Aren't I the same height as them.

Pshhh..If you're not lifted at all I would drive right in. If a damn Escalade fits, you will fit.

BREW

Old 05-14-2006, 12:43 AM
Pshhh..If you're not lifted at all I would drive right in. If a damn Escalade fits, you will fit.

BREW
Good I am not lifted? Brewdude, were you up in Winslow Township today Saturday at all???

Old 05-14-2006, 10:02 AM
Good I am not lifted? Brewdude, were you up in Winslow Township today Saturday at all???

Nope...I worked all day until 6:30pm then went home.

BREW

Quick Reply: Wheres New jersey