Northeast CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, VT, WV

Wheres New jersey

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 02:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just got my truck back from the body about 2 weeks ago some *** hit my drivers side rear door had new door put on and whole side repainted along with new fx4 sticker. Ill try to get some pics

Old 05-03-2006, 04:03 PM
Hello! I'm in South Jersey...Sewell/Washington Twp.

Brewdude, do you brew your own beer? I just started brewing my own...WOOO HOOOOO.

Peace.

Old 05-03-2006, 04:07 PM
Im fromt the Freehold area, I also just started brewing beer. Lot of fun isnt it!!!!!

Old 05-03-2006, 04:22 PM
YUP...I've layed off the last year, but Ive been doing it for about 12 years now. I love it.

Hmmm.....I need to make another batch soon.

BREW

Old 05-03-2006, 04:31 PM
Originally Posted by BREWDUDE
YUP...I've layed off the last year, but Ive been doing it for about 12 years now. I love it.

Hmmm.....I need to make another batch soon.

BREW
Make sure you bring some for the meet (If it happens)! I'll bring the chips & salsa!

Old 05-03-2006, 04:51 PM
Ive brewed here and there, but there is a brew store near me so ive done that a few times instead. They make the mess and you bottle it. Its actually pretty cool, you get a menu and choose your ingreds and stuff. Not bad for $130 you get 6 cases of 12-24 oz bottles, I usually split it with friends.

Old 05-03-2006, 04:53 PM
I am actually going on a beer quest to find the beer I had in Texas last year its not sold around here nearest place is Baltimore. Roadtrip
You ever get the chance and your down south ( out of Jersey) try Shiner BOk its pretty good stuff.

Old 05-04-2006, 08:59 AM
My first batch was a Newcastle Brown Ale clone. I love the stuff. I just cracked open the bottles last weekend. A little over half is still conditioning so it should taste even better this weekend!!!

Old 05-04-2006, 10:25 AM
Originally Posted by kr1mson k1ng
My first batch was a Newcastle Brown Ale clone. I love the stuff. I just cracked open the bottles last weekend. A little over half is still conditioning so it should taste even better this weekend!!!
Did you buy a kit with ll the ingredients or do you have a reciepe for it? I love Newcastle and would like to make some myself.

BREW

Old 05-04-2006, 11:13 AM
When I get the time I have a Trapist ale to make as well as an English ale which is supposed to have twice the alky content. Just a PIA to sterilize the bottles and stuff.

Old 05-04-2006, 12:50 PM
Originally Posted by BREWDUDE
Did you buy a kit with ll the ingredients or do you have a reciepe for it? I love Newcastle and would like to make some myself.

BREW
I got the stuff from a local brew store. It was an all-extract kit. I wrote the stuff down at home, but I think the stuff was as follows:

Malts
~4lbs Nut Brown Extract
~3.3lbs Light Malt Extract
Hops
East Kent Goldings

Brought water to a boil and added malt extract...brought back to a boil. Added 1oz hops at 60mins left.
Added .5oz hops at 20mins left.
Added Irish Moss at 15mins left.
Added .5oz hops at 3mins left.

I left it in the primary fermentor for 2 weeks(don't have a secondary) and left it in the bottles for 2 weeks before I opened any.

Old 05-04-2006, 12:52 PM
Oh...and I used 22oz bottles....much less bottling. I need to get one more case though, so I can start another batch an bottle it while I'm still drinking these.

Old 05-04-2006, 01:34 PM
smkeater and kr1mson....

I know its hard to make a batch of beer and NOT share it with friends. But, if you can just invite them over, the best thing to do is keg the beer yourself. I started doing this years ago and its great. I drink more of it this way, but its less hassle. I dont have to clean bottles anymore and its great. Plus, you can carbonate the beer in 3 days rather than wait for it to do it naturally. Just get the 5 gallon soda kegs and a CO2 tank and regulator.

Do you guys kow if the store in Hammonton is still open. I thin kits in the London Square plaza of exit 36 on the GSP. Just up past the shore diner and all the car dealerships?? I havent been there in a while.

BREW

Old 05-04-2006, 01:52 PM
All this talk about beer has got me mighty thirsty! I do have a question: Is there any difference in forcing the carbonation rather that letting it occour naturally? Is the amount of carbonation controllable? Personally, I can not drink beers like Bud or Miller because of the over carbonation. I prefer brews like Boddingtons or Murphys that are nitrogen enhanced. The carbonation is there, but the bubbles are very fine texture.

Old 05-04-2006, 02:58 PM
Originally Posted by howitzer
All this talk about beer has got me mighty thirsty! I do have a question: Is there any difference in forcing the carbonation rather that letting it occour naturally? Is the amount of carbonation controllable? Personally, I can not drink beers like Bud or Miller because of the over carbonation. I prefer brews like Boddingtons or Murphys that are nitrogen enhanced. The carbonation is there, but the bubbles are very fine texture.

Yup Yup...Depending on how much you shoot it with and how many times, you can control the carbonation. It just takes a little practice. But thats ok. I like to practice drinking beer

Now I gotta go home and drink some beer as I wash my truck.

Have you ever had Blue Moon? Its awesome. Slice an orange and put a slice in the glass then pour the beer on top of it and enjoy. Just cut the orange in round slices, not wedges....Mmmmmmm
BREW

Quick Reply: Wheres New jersey