Let's start over......

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2017, 11:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KingRanchCoy
Guess we will find out soon on towing the ML.

Fuel mileage?? I aint driving a prius but in all seriousness i did think about the fuel mileage just didnt think it would be a big hit what so ever. I just feel 225 is a tad warm over and over and over again. Truck averages about 2 datalogs a day lately so its getting run hard plus my normal screwing around with it. Waiting on new revision with fan strategy updated to see how its really going to be.

Hopefully around Christmas i will have a wagner intercooler in it. Then mid year next year some of the cavalli turbos from MPT. Figured when i roll it over to 100k everything should be done. Then really enjoy my next 100,000 miles
Any reason to go with the Cavalli's over the GT's?

Just curios...and keep running it hard!

Old 04-06-2017, 11:57 PM
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by JohnBoy88
What size fuel tank does that thing have? Beautiful truck
Thanks...it has a 48 gal tank and a 7 gallon DEF tank. A lot of weight just in fuel!

Old 04-07-2017, 01:14 AM
Originally Posted by PawPaw
Thanks...it has a 48 gal tank and a 7 gallon DEF tank. A lot of weight just in fuel!
It is nice to see them coming with bigger tanks. My F350 had a 51gal Titan tank, it was pretty nice to have for long trips.

Old 04-07-2017, 08:34 AM
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Blown F-150
It is nice to see them coming with bigger tanks. My F350 had a 51gal Titan tank, it was pretty nice to have for long trips.
I'm going to give it a quick wash and then maybe go top it off before diesel prices jump up!
Son in law only has a 26 gallon tank in his F-250 and it was always needing fuel when towing the trailer. Buddy of mine has a KW with 2-150 gallon tanks...great for long hauls but expensive to fuel up and heavy.

Old 04-07-2017, 11:06 AM
Originally Posted by PawPaw
I'm going to give it a quick wash and then maybe go top it off before diesel prices jump up!
Son in law only has a 26 gallon tank in his F-250 and it was always needing fuel when towing the trailer. Buddy of mine has a KW with 2-150 gallon tanks...great for long hauls but expensive to fuel up and heavy.
There are some great aftermarket options it the SIL is going to keep his truck for a while. The Titan Tank in mine was pretty easy to put in and a good size. The old 6.0 could get 1000 miles on a tank.

Old 04-07-2017, 12:08 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Any reason to go with the Cavalli's over the GT's?

Just curios...and keep running it hard!
Im just going off the success mpt has had with them. There is a guy on the mpt Facebook group that has the GT turbos and he said there wasnt that much difference with the mods he has.

Old 04-07-2017, 04:49 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
Hopefully around Christmas i will have a wagner intercooler in it. Then mid year next year some of the cavalli turbos from MPT. Figured when i roll it over to 100k everything should be done. Then really enjoy my next 100,000 miles
Didnt you already get like 3 grand worth of goodies for the EB?

Old 04-07-2017, 06:25 PM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Finally -- it's done!

Finished the undercarriage detail on the '09 Ranger today -- what a brutal project that was! I sure won't miss lying on my back beneath the vehicle and having soapy water drip in my face! All I can say is if you ever have a Ranger you want to keep as a collectible, don't run it as your (sometimes) daily driver for several years.....

Last edited by ddellwo; 04-07-2017 at 06:27 PM.
Old 04-07-2017, 06:28 PM
Im just going off the success mpt has had with them. There is a guy on the mpt Facebook group that has the GT turbos and he said there wasnt that much difference with the mods he has.
Cool.

From what I've seen if you're comparing peak numbers, the difference from full bolt ons to adding GT's isn't crazy. The real improvement is in the upper rpm's, where the OEM turbo's fall on their face.

GT's will produce more power than a stock bottom end will handle, so unless you're building a bottom end, not sure of the benefit of more power. Tuners are turning the boost down to keep HP levels reasonable with the GT's. I like what they are capable of down low in the rpm range, the Cavalli's seem to need more RPM to spool. GT's also play nice on a bone stock tune.

I'll have GT's and you'll have Cavalli's, it will be great to compare!

Really hoping to get the Ported Manifolds and GT's installed by June.

Last edited by Blown F-150; 04-07-2017 at 06:32 PM.
Old 04-07-2017, 11:24 PM
Originally Posted by Patman
Didnt you already get like 3 grand worth of goodies for the EB?
Yea. Jumped into it to quick and ended up selling everything locally when a few things came up and it was also about the time i had to have my front cover and coolant fittings on the turbo replaced. Didnt want to give up all my warranty after that.

Looks like i have another coolant leak also. When i changed the T Stat i thought it was a little low cause the bottom half of the tank is a dark color. Just thought the coolant changed colors a little bit and didnt think anything of it, ends up it was dry. Went ahead and did the t Stat and now 2 days later its basically dry. No leaks on the ground, no steam from exhaust, oil looks great. Not sure what the deal is. Going to top off again tomorrow

Old 04-07-2017, 11:59 PM
A lot of guys that did the T-Stat had trouble getting all the air out after. May be worth cranking the heat once the truck is warmed up and make sure you're getting hot air. Just keep a close eye on it, since you're not seeing anything obvious that's leaking.

Can you drive on a hill or something to get the front high? May help with burping the system.

If the coolant fittings were done, I'm sure that could have also put some air in the system.

Old 04-08-2017, 11:34 AM
A lot of guys that did the T-Stat had trouble getting all the air out after. May be worth cranking the heat once the truck is warmed up and make sure you're getting hot air. Just keep a close eye on it, since you're not seeing anything obvious that's leaking.

Can you drive on a hill or something to get the front high? May help with burping the system.

If the coolant fittings were done, I'm sure that could have also put some air in the system.
When i did the T Stat i Filled the bottle up before starting tje truck then started it, turned the heater on full blast and let it warm up. It wouldnt go past 170 so kept the revs to around 3k rpm until it got up to 203 and the fans kicked on then let it idle again for about 10 mins. I have a pretty good incline on tje driveway so i will do that when i top it off.

When i did the T Stat i did it in the level street incase i spilled some.

Thanks!

Old 04-10-2017, 03:33 PM

Seemed to work! Topped it off and let it idle in the driveway with the front higher than rear. Ive put about 250 miles since saturday and its still perfect in the bottle

Old 04-12-2017, 09:52 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
Old 04-12-2017, 05:31 PM
Seemed to work! Topped it off and let it idle in the driveway with the front higher than rear. Ive put about 250 miles since saturday and its still perfect in the bottle
Awesome! I'll be doing the same with my "driveway" (really just a apron), when the time comes. T-Stat showed up in the office today, so I'm getting closer!

Quick Reply: Let's start over......