Calling All Fat Bastards - click here!

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2005, 02:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so, now we have the "F150online self help support club".

Hey Habibi, good luck with your program! It looks like you may be starting a trend.

I'm 6'1" and currently 217 lb's. I'd like to get down under 200, but I've been trying to get there for a few years. I've been as big as 235 in the past and that scares the hell out of me! About seven years ago I started getting year long passes to the local rec centre "circuit max". If your town has anything like it, I highly recommend it. Unfortunately, when I broke my arm off last year, I gained 15 lb's back and it took forever to get rid of it again! The arthritus in my back and gimpy knees don't help, but I work through that.

I walk or bike whenever possible and don't drink pop. If you average one soda pop per day, it adds up to 15 lb's per year of extra weight to keep off. I also don't do the alcohol thing and that helps a lot.
I play golf and competitive ball on a regular basis and that helps a lot!
Avoid elevators and use the stairs whenever possible!

Good luck folks! I'm really looking forward to reading the updates on this thread over the next year or so...

Old 01-19-2005, 02:06 PM
Hi My name is Dave and i'm over weight 44 6'4" currently 241 pounds 38 " waist .. plus a smoker that needs his morning smoke hardest thing to give up is the morning smoke .

you guys likely know i Farm so in the summer i'm a respectable 220 pounds but as soon as the crops off and machinery is put away about first of december i celebrate buy going and buying 3 supersized bags of doritos (corn chips)and i sit down and eat my way thru so i can put 20 pounds on pretty quick

I heard that if u stop drinking one can of pop a day in a years time you'll loose 15 pounds well i have always had a pop for lunch and dinner so i have given that up . i do however drink alot of water 12 - 14 bottles of 16 fl oz per day so dry me out and i lose another 10 pounds LoL

anyways hope u all the best of luck and i wish i could stop smoking but the cure is more expensive then the smoking so thats hard to pencil out Dats the devil side speaking

OH and P.S don't tell the hotties in the T&A thread i'm over weight they don't know it thanks

Last edited by zacky; 01-19-2005 at 02:09 PM.
Old 01-19-2005, 02:19 PM
Hey Habibi, I'm in..

I'm 6ft tall & 300lbs... I want to lost some weight & get back to my original weight.. 9lbs 8oz.

I quit smoking a few months ago, now all I have to do is lose 50-100 lbs..

Old 01-19-2005, 02:26 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Talking

Hot Damn! I thought the 'F' in F150 stood for 'Ford'.

sincerely,
one of the Fat 150

Old 01-19-2005, 02:55 PM
I'm surprised that skinny boy Joe hasn't been in to laugh at us yet.

Anyway, this is great and to honor Alex's fantastic "Reveal yourselves" thread from last year, we need to post pics of our lardiness.
I mean, whose going to believe the weight loss claims withouth proof.

Here goes then, this is me with a low calorie Margerita in San Antonio last week.

More chins than a chinese phone book

Let the battle commence

Old 01-19-2005, 03:05 PM
Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally posted by arrbilly
so, now we have the "F150online self help support club".

I ain't never "hered" of no fat pirates Matey.......AR,AR,AR,ARRRR!

Old 01-19-2005, 03:14 PM
Drink lots of COLD water. A calorie is the amount of energy it takes to raise 1gm of water 1 degree. If your body has to warm up say 2qts of 58 degree water it will burn over 300 calories. It's free calorie burning. The other thing I did was look at how many calories were in the treats I was eating. When I got on the eliptical trainer I would take note of how long/hard I had to work to remove that many calories and decide if eating that snack was worth the work to take it off. When I noticed it took 10-12 minutes to take off a can of Coke I stopped drinking it.

Old 01-19-2005, 03:21 PM
I'm with you guys.

4 years ago - 270
3 years ago - 192
now - 245

I was completely back...running 3 -5 miles a day, gym 3x week, eating right, etc, etc. Then I got stepped on by a large animal and started using that as an excuse to take some time off. Later I messed up my ankle pretty bad and used that for some more time off. Now I can't run 3-5 yards without having to catch my breath and I either sit here at work, sit at the PC at home, or sit on the couch. My exercise consist of wiping down the truck. Here are some of the things that really helped me before:

1. weigh only 1x a week on Thursday (in the morning) - In addition to eliminating the frustration of daily fluctuation, this will keep you motivated for the weekend when you see that you've lost some weight and it also allows you to make up for whatever splurging you did the previous weekend 4 days ago.

2. Keep a journal of how many calories you are actually taking in during the day. It's tedious at first but if you stick with it you will become very familiar with how many calories are associated with your favorite or most often foods.

3. Start moving slowly - Don't tell yourself you're going to really push yourself hard like Rocky. Everyone can make it the first couple of times but then your body lets you know how miserable it is and when it's not "fun", most people don't do it voluntarily. Try walking 2 miles a day for a week or two. Then run 50 yards and walk the rest of the 2 miles three days out of the 5 you are walking, etc, etc. I used to measure myself by adding "just one more mailbox further today" until I could run the whole thing after 3 months.

4. Keep a journal of your exercises. It's amazing how fast the weeks go by when your looking back at how you started with only "X" number of pushups or walking "X" miles. Plus you have some type of visual reminder of how hard you've been working and to keep going.

5. Allow for yourself a *splurge* every now and then. I'm not talking about big things. Mine was eating fried chicken from my favorite fast food joint once a week on Friday night or Saturday afternoon.

bone

/ the other reason I'm for losing some weight again is because nothing in my closet fits anymore and I'm too cheap to go buy new stuff

Old 01-19-2005, 04:36 PM
Im surprised no one touched this yet...

"I want to lose 150 lbs... but she wont leave"

Old 01-19-2005, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by J-150
"I want to lose 150 lbs... but she wont leave"
Is that all....shucks....

Old 01-19-2005, 05:14 PM
oh yeah I should drop some pounds

30 years ago 200 lbs
15 225
10 230
now 275
can you tell when i moved on to the chair
to sell parts

Old 01-19-2005, 05:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I finally have a face to put on EnglishAdam

Thats you? Wouldnt have NEVER guessed it.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am 6' and I am 220lbs.

My goal:

To look and feel the way I did the day I got out of the Marine Corps. I was 215lbs and wore a 32" jean. Chest, Shoulders, arms, and ripped abs.

My wife has gotten into it too. She didn't need to. I am making her put some weight back on through some weight training with me. We are also training our EATING HABITS. Thats the hardest part...I like Chips dammit.

Anyone watch that new series on Spike TV with the UFC? We are doing training something like they are doing. 1 hour a night. We just started, and I already feel better about myself.

<edit>

chknbone

Had some great ideas in there I didnt even think of. The journal is an awesome IDEA. thnx.

Last edited by jamzwayne; 01-19-2005 at 05:43 PM.
Old 01-19-2005, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by jamzwayne
I finally have a face to put on EnglishAdam

Thats you? Wouldnt have NEVER guessed it.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hmm, bit of a hijack but how did you picture me? Something like Austin Powers?

Old 01-19-2005, 05:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by EnglishAdam
Hmm, bit of a hijack but how did you picture me? Something like Austin Powers?
Not like Austin Powers....Tall and skinny.

Old 01-19-2005, 05:53 PM
OK, I want to get back to 250. I'm in my best shape at 235, but I'd rather not BS myself. I'll have to lose 70 to get to 250. If I can get to 235, I'll take it; but I'd be elated to be back at 250.

At 250 I was 11% body fat- so I'm a pretty big man, even when I'm not packing the exra tweenkies.
---------------------------------------

Well, they don't call me "Big-Hersh" for nothing. 6'2" 320.
Vivica A. Fox poses w/Big Hersh.

I won't be in GQ anytime soon, but hey- at least I keep good company!
(Big Hersh poses w the man, #33, Tony Dorsett)

When you're as big as me, an SUV becomes a necessity, not a luxury. :^D

Quick Reply: Calling All Fat Bastards - click here!