History Made Last Night

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 11:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by malexander52

The sad thing is... Black people are more likely to cross the street when they see a black man walking toward them, too. A disproportionate amount of crime is committed by blacks, based on the percentage of population they represent.

Old 06-06-2008, 11:03 AM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by NCSU_05_FX4
... I wish we could do away with the whole electoral college crap and go popular vote....

Gore is saying, "Jeez man, where were you when I needed you?"

In fairness, I voted for Bush in 2000. In fact, I voted straight republican ticket for 20 years until '04.
I am a Conservative turned into an Obama zombie.

Old 06-06-2008, 11:05 AM
Originally Posted by Raoul
It's an Obama Nation!

Yes it is. Good one.

Old 06-06-2008, 11:11 AM

Gore is saying, "Jeez man, where were you when I needed you?"

In fairness, I voted for Bush in 2000. In fact, I voted straight republican ticket for 20 years until '04.
I am a Conservative turned into an Obama zombie.
I've been saying it since I was old enough to vote! However, am I glad we didn't have Mr. I-Invented-The-Intenet in office what the poop hit the fan.

While we're on Gore for a second, I can't believe he "won" a freaking Nobel Peace Prize, even though he shared it with the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (their Chairman is an NC State Engineering alumni, go Pack!).

- NCSU

Old 06-06-2008, 11:12 AM
Certified Goat Breeder
It's an Obama Nation!
Originally Posted by Odin's Wrath
Yes it is. Good one.
Makes a great bumper sticker, nobody knows who you're for.

Last edited by Raoul; 06-06-2008 at 11:18 AM.
Old 06-06-2008, 11:17 AM
Certified Goat Breeder
...am I glad we didn't have Mr. I-Invented-The-Intenet in office what the poop hit the fan....
You know, that has been posted about him on every site a gazillion times.

I'll bet he regrets inventing it now.

Old 06-06-2008, 11:24 AM
Makes a great bumper sticker, nobody knows who you're for.

I was already thinking T-shirt. Very clever!

Old 06-06-2008, 11:28 AM
Certified Goat Breeder
Originally Posted by Odin's Wrath
I was already thinking T-shirt. Very clever!
They are going to take away my Liberal card for giving aid and comfort to the enemy. :o

Old 06-06-2008, 11:36 AM
They are going to take away my Liberal card for giving aid and comfort to the enemy. :o

As much as you joke and kid around, I started suspecting long ago that you're just having fun at our expense. You're too damned smart to be a complete leftist. You're about as Liberal, as you are a goatherder. Well... Maybe that's going a little too far.

Old 06-06-2008, 11:47 AM
Originally Posted by BigMan
I am pretty sure there is a lot more to invading Iraq than we know about. The average American Citizen has no clue what the military is up to. All we know is what the media allows us to know. Unless you are a high level military officer you really cant say how many Alqueda's were in Iraq because you just dont know the truth. You only have what the media tells you to base your assumptions on.

And I love how people seem to know the solution to all the worlds problems on internet forums. Its funny when they offer solutions that are a fix all like its that easy. We have some VERY smart people running this country. Bush isnt the only guy in charge.
I support the "invasion" of Iraq, I've been there and I know what Al-Qaeda and the Mujahadeen (there in Afghanistan too hmmm???) are like and what they do to people who don't believe in there views. Maybe some people (not you bigman) should do some research and see whats been done for the Iraqi's since our presence in Iraq. Like maybe the number of schools built, government buildings built, IA (Iraqi Army) trained, IP (Iraqi Police) trained, not to mention the jobs opened up from repairing factories and power plants.....I was skeptical about the whole invasion, until I got there and realized what was actually being done...now I'm all for it and I'm willing to fight for that...

Old 06-06-2008, 11:50 AM
Originally Posted by po1911
wow I am awestruck in 1996 gas was NOT $0.89a gal my first tank of gas I bought was in Oct '92 and it was .86 per Gal within 8months it was over a $1.00
and it has not come down since (I live in AZ historically one of the lowest fuel averages in the country)

jobs were being out sourced in the 70's just ask my dad he was a die stamper at Alis-Chalmers and his job was outsourced overseas in 1973

no real wars hmmm but plenty of little "private wars" and plenty of laying the groundwork for us to be attacked

as for the sex scandal no one ever polled or asked me if I approved, approval ratings can be skewed anyway they want if you ask one demographic you will get one answer more often than others so those numbers mean nothing to me

oh and BTW when the media proclaimed that Clinton had "practically zero unemployment" the unemployment rate was at 5%

when the media proclaimed that "unemployment was spiraling out of control in 2003" the unemployment rate was at 5%

please explain that one to me
1996 - 2000 was my choice, based on my perception. You may like a different range.

You're right, gas costs different things, in different places. However, in 1996, gas in Killeen, TX (where I was) was $0.89 a gallon. When I purchased my first truck (April 1999) gas in Dallas, TX was $0.79 a gallon (and we have a lot of taxes on our gas).

The cheapest gas in the USA, is generally in Georgia, and New Jersey. When I was at Fort Gordon, (1991 - 1992) gas was $0.59 a gallon. The only place I'd paid less for a gallon of gas was in Saudi Arabia ($0.11 a gallon).

I used to live in Arizona (Sierra Vista), and I remember right before the Gulf War (1990), when tensions were high(er) in the middle east, and gas "jumped" to $1.40 a gallon, Arizonian's were pissed, as was I. Everyone wanted gas back down at $0.69, $0.79, $0.89 a gallone like it was supposed to be.

Yeah, industrial and garmet jobs began to outsource overseas years ago... Everyone else is following suit now (technical compnaies, customer service, etc...) When was the last time you talked to a customer service rep that didn't have an Indian accent, and his name was "Frank"?

There are always "private wars". Why do you think we have SEALS, Special Forces, etc...?

As for unemployment, well- again- that depends on who, and unfortunately, what you are.

Did you know the unemployment rate for white in the USA is actually around 3%, For blacks, it's near 9%. Yet, somehow, un or under qualified blacks are taking jobs from qualified white candidates... I beg to differ.

Source: http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.t02.htm

Old 06-06-2008, 11:55 AM
Suspended
I just dont think all these people sitting in their homes and offices talking about Iraq on here know what is really going on. Thanks for posting Chuck. And thanks for serving our country. I know people are going to have opinions but we really only know what the media tells us. I cant stress that enough.

We just all need to have some faith in our leaders and hope they are working towards the goal of creating a better United States of America and not trying to persue personal agendas.

Old 06-06-2008, 12:07 PM
Originally Posted by Bighersh
Did you know the unemployment rate for white in the USA is actually around 3%, For blacks, it's near 9%. Yet, somehow, un or under qualified blacks are taking jobs from qualified white candidates... I beg to differ.
Do you think there might be any other reason why unemployment is higher for the black population than for whites? Or do you think it's purely because black candidates are being discriminated against.

Could this have anything to do with it?

Also, I've been wondering this for a while, what is the proper term for the black equivalent of "White Trash"?

- NCSU

Old 06-06-2008, 12:11 PM
Suspended
If you take a drive through south Dallas you'll see why blacks have a high unemployment rate. They are all hanging out in the streets on a wednesday afternoon instead of working.

The reason the hispanics have a high drop out rate is because they are all working construction by the age of 15! Hispanics are some hard working ****'s

Old 06-06-2008, 12:13 PM
Suspended
Also, I've been wondering this for a while, what is the proper term for the black equivalent of "White Trash"?
I know of one word but everyone gets upset when you say it.

Quick Reply: History Made Last Night