History Made Last Night

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 07:12 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
History Made Last Night

Beyond all the politics and partisan bickering, beyond all the racism and idiotic comments that might be made - to see an African-American finally lead a major party toward a presidential general election deserves the respect due. I'm sure this is an example of what Martin Luther King Jr.'s dream portrayed. I believe this shows the basic truth of what it really means to be American. - Og

Old 06-04-2008, 07:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is pretty amazing. This country has come a long way. This guy might even be the first African-American president. It's just a shame that he is grossly underqualified for the job.

Old 06-04-2008, 07:32 AM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
It's an Obama Nation!

Old 06-04-2008, 07:55 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by wittom
It is pretty amazing. This country has come a long way. This guy might even be the first African-American president. It's just a shame that he is grossly underqualified for the job.
Yeah, probably. I used to think the same before my daughter was born. I wasn't ready and "grossly underqualified" to be a dad. But you know, love and instinct kicked in and I can't be more proud to hear her call me "daddy". America is a great country. I hope whoever wins, really realizes that it's full of good people that are proud to be Americans. - Og.

Old 06-04-2008, 07:56 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Too bad he's an idiot and unfit to lead the country.

Old 06-04-2008, 08:22 AM
Originally Posted by Quintin
x2

Its ashame, IMO McCaine will win by default. At least McCaine wont take away our rights as Americans, like Clinton and Obama (namely the 2nd admendment because they think its "outdated" )

I hope we wont have a terrorist running our country, Obama has lied about his muslim ties countless times....

Last edited by Ranger7489; 06-04-2008 at 08:24 AM.
Old 06-04-2008, 08:25 AM
Does anyone know why Raoul has "still a simple goat herder that passes bad checks" under his name

Old 06-04-2008, 08:31 AM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Ranger7489
Does anyone know why Raoul has "still a simple goat herder that passes bad checks" under his name
Just write the site a check when you have no seizable assets and you'll find out.

Old 06-04-2008, 09:40 AM
Suspended
The "Magic Negro" is only half black. And from the way he talks he might as well be white. But you never know. I always wondered if these upper class black people start talking jive and calling eatchother nigaas when they get behind closed doors.

Old 06-04-2008, 09:45 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by BigMan
The "Magic Negro" is only half black. And from the way he talks he might as well be white. But you never know. I always wondered if these upper class black people start talking jive and calling eatchother nigaas when they get behind closed doors.

Old 06-04-2008, 10:01 AM
Suspended
Originally Posted by Quintin
No kidding. I mean come on he's racist against Whites, yet he's going to lead a country who is populated by a whole lot of them? I bet he gets popped off by some crazy white power activist.

Last edited by ThumperMX113; 06-04-2008 at 10:41 AM.
Old 06-04-2008, 10:16 AM
Originally Posted by Raoul
Just write the site a check when you have no seizable assets and you'll find out.

Old 06-04-2008, 10:36 AM
Originally Posted by BigMan
And from the way he talks he might as well be white.
You're kidding right? He's the guy called his own grandmother (god only knows how old she is/was and remember, the world was much different place when she grew up) a "typical white person" because she "uttered racial or ethnic stereotypes". That sounds pretty racist to me.

Could you imagine if Clinton or McCain had said something about a "typical black person"?

Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
I bet he gets popped of by some crazy white power activist.
Unfortunately I think you're probably right. Same thing if Hillary got elected, some crazy woman hater would take her out.

- NCSU

Old 06-04-2008, 10:56 AM
Suspended
Honestly I don't even know what to say, its a sad day for America

Old 06-04-2008, 11:12 AM
The way I look at it we have two choices:

1. Vote for a centrist, who is very moderate, upholding view points that can be considered both liberal and conservative. It's hard to really put a lable on his views other then the fact that he's supported both sides. (McCain)

OR

2. Vote for a libral, who has made liberal comments and suggestions of liberal policy but is likely just playing to get the support of the liberal base and will end up closer to the center. BUT was a member of a racist church AND was closely tied to a number of it's racist leaders, calling them his spiritual mentors for OVER 20 years. Racism and those that support it or condone it, which Obama did by staying with that church until he felt it could negatively impact him, should not be tolerated on any side. This goes for blacks, whites, and any other color you may choose to accept as a classification.

It's just that simple. Voting for change is one thing, everyone wants change right now as most parts of people's lives are bleak. But voting for change without even really knowing what that change is, is nothing but negligence. Voting a man or women into office who supported racism of ANY kind would not be supporting MLK's dream or that to which many espire.

I find it odd the media does not make an even bigger deal of Obama's ties to racism and the public doesn't call for his resignation. Would the same treatment be given to McCain if it was found that he was a member of a church that preached the misson of the KKK for 20 years and then decided "leave" his church when it became something that could negatively impact him in the pursuit of obtaining the Presidency? I think there would be immediate outcrys for his resignation.

Quick Reply: History Made Last Night