F-150 Hybrid !!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 01:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trust me, I understand how the same engine gets better gas mileage ... its a slight computer change to allow for different parameters...that wasn't my point. My point is that is a money hoax and people all around the world buy into, because there currently no alternative to gas burning vehicle, unless you want to drive some bug shaped car. WHO DOES ?!?!

Listen, my alternator runs my truck...I'm sure it has a little more power to run the generators. By design, the generators have no "draw." They don't have a set amp that they need to run....if there is electricity running to them...they will produce hydrogen.

Let's do this ... suspend the thread until I get results. I'll let everyone know what EXACTLY I got from this thing and show how I did it. I'm not going to BS you guys .....because if this thing doesn't work, I'm going to rip it out !! So let it be known...I'm not looking for a free lunch...hence my political party !! I'm looking at the science side of this thing....h*** I want to know if it will work just like the next good ol' boy on here.

Last edited by GeauxTigers; 02-12-2010 at 01:13 PM.
Old 02-12-2010, 01:13 PM
If your looking at the science side of things, then please explain to me how something that uses electricity to run has no current draw?

Old 02-12-2010, 01:16 PM
Originally Posted by GeauxTigers
By design, the generators have no "draw." They don't have a set amp that they need to run....if there is electricity running to them...they will produce hydrogen. .
This is where you are wrong. Without current draw no Hydrogen is produced. In order to produce enough to have a beneficial effect on your engine the draw is quite high. You mentioned adding up to 6 reactors to get the performance you want. That will be a large draw. The more current you try to pull from the alternator the harder it is for the engine to turn it.

There are reactors tha produce hydrogen chemically but they do not produce enough either. Look at hydrogen fuel cells and see how large they are to move an electric vehicle.

The laws of Physics all apply here.

Good luck and let us know your results. Make sure they are detailed.

Old 02-12-2010, 01:17 PM
If you scroll down, this kit has a power wire with a 15 amp rated fuse. By what black magic then does it put out no current draw? If it didnt have current flowing through it, there would be no need for a fuse...

http://cgi.ebay.com/HHO-Hydrogen-Gen...item3a53dd8176

Old 02-12-2010, 01:20 PM
Originally Posted by Norm
This is where you are wrong. Without current draw no Hydrogen is produced. In order to produce enough to have a beneficial effect on your engine the draw is quite high. You mentioned adding up to 6 reactors to get the performance you want. That will be a large draw. The more current you try to pull from the alternator the harder it is for the engine to turn it.

There are reactors tha produce hydrogen chemically but they do not produce enough either. Look at hydrogen fuel cells and see how large they are to move an electric vehicle.

The laws of Physics all apply here.

Good luck and let us know your results. Make sure they are detailed.
black magic trumps the laws of physics...

Old 02-12-2010, 02:44 PM
Have ANY of you tried this ?? Anyone ?? Would you even know if it worked ?? I'm sure some of you believe in global warming too ?? Oh but that's just science as well.

I work WITH A GUY (who is a certified mechanic as well as drive a 7.3), I asked him point blank... Have you ever heard oh HHO? If so, does it actually work?

He said, YES, it will work, doesn't hurt the engine. It actually helps because Hydrogen will actually clean away carbon deposits over time ( Personally I have no idea how this works...don't ask me). He said, it will work if you run the H2 line properly and it you have enough generators....I said, "Oh, do I need an ungodly amount of generators?" He said,"oh no, maybe 5 or 6 for a 5.4L. My best friend runs 8 in his 7.3L and get close to 40 MPG."

This is our Ford mechanic !! The ONLY person at my business that is FORD CERTIFIED.... but you guys are right ....probably won't work. Listen I really understand your sketicism, I do. But NONE of you have tried. ZERO! Until one person....not some editor or respresetative of some company.....just an average person tries this, and tells me look idiot... it doesn't work....that it will blow up my engine like MGD said it would ..... I've got to try it ...

You all have sat around for 2 days now and talked **** about all this science and stuff .....meanwhile I've met people, road in the trucks, and personally seen vehicles that get 20-50 MPG's. They've added the generators and that's it ..... no mods other than that !!! Please explain to me how that happens .... seriously !! Explain... The guy with the diesel that knows my mechanic has a programmer and a dash read out ....both which read 48 MPG.... I seriously don't think the guy has a reason to lie to me ....why would he ?? You guys kill me.

Again, show me one Joe that has done this ...and it hasn't worked ???? Not some magazine ... I just want to see what I'm looking at for repairs I guess hahaha

Old 02-12-2010, 02:47 PM
I'll post results when I get them.

Old 02-12-2010, 02:57 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by NCSU_05_FX4
Wow Brad, you must really not care at all about members here if you're going encouraging this guy to attempt this project like he's planning to.
Never said that I 'encouraged' it. It's his show, he can do as he wants.

Your rationale of saying that I must not care is similar to saying that I support Osama Bin Laden because I haven't gone over to the Pakistan region to search for him in a cave. Or that I'm pro-terrorism because I didn't hack in to the auto pilot system on Flight 11 before it hit the World Trade Center (north)...

I don't care what he does with his truck; it's his asset (or who ever owns it) and I can't convince anyone on the subject basically because I know very little to nothing about it. To me, playing with hydrogen isn't exactly the smartest thing in the world to do but, hey... what do I know? I use hydrogen to calibrate nuclear instrumentation that I use on a monthly basis so, maybe I'm not the brain surgeon here either.

What I can do is communicate in a manner that is understandable, non-abrasive, and genuine rather than coming off as a young know-it-all with multi-post quotes and pointed/joking jargon to belittle the member asking, what he thinks, is a very sincere question.

There's the difference, if you must have it presented to you. Now that we're here, I may as well pull out the '20-grit' and spoon feed it to you.

This is the end of our discussion, NCSU...

-RP-

Old 02-12-2010, 03:40 PM
Have ANY of you tried this ?? Anyone ?? Would you even know if it worked ?? I'm sure some of you believe in global warming too ?? Oh but that's just science as well.

I work WITH A GUY (who is a certified mechanic as well as drive a 7.3), I asked him point blank... Have you ever heard oh HHO? If so, does it actually work?

He said, YES, it will work, doesn't hurt the engine. It actually helps because Hydrogen will actually clean away carbon deposits over time ( Personally I have no idea how this works...don't ask me). He said, it will work if you run the H2 line properly and it you have enough generators....I said, "Oh, do I need an ungodly amount of generators?" He said,"oh no, maybe 5 or 6 for a 5.4L. My best friend runs 8 in his 7.3L and get close to 40 MPG."

This is our Ford mechanic !! The ONLY person at my business that is FORD CERTIFIED.... but you guys are right ....probably won't work. Listen I really understand your sketicism, I do. But NONE of you have tried. ZERO! Until one person....not some editor or respresetative of some company.....just an average person tries this, and tells me look idiot... it doesn't work....that it will blow up my engine like MGD said it would ..... I've got to try it ...

You all have sat around for 2 days now and talked **** about all this science and stuff .....meanwhile I've met people, road in the trucks, and personally seen vehicles that get 20-50 MPG's. They've added the generators and that's it ..... no mods other than that !!! Please explain to me how that happens .... seriously !! Explain... The guy with the diesel that knows my mechanic has a programmer and a dash read out ....both which read 48 MPG.... I seriously don't think the guy has a reason to lie to me ....why would he ?? You guys kill me.

Again, show me one Joe that has done this ...and it hasn't worked ???? Not some magazine ... I just want to see what I'm looking at for repairs I guess hahaha
Thats fine and dandy, but you never answered my question? Its not that most of us believe it wont work...its that your ignoring majors laws of physics and electrical theory in some of the stuff that you are claiming, which, no offense, makes you seem like an idiot.

Old 02-12-2010, 05:36 PM
"No offense"...but I'm an idiot ? Are you serious ??

To answer your questions with another question....what you're telling me is that if I hook this up to my truck ....it won't work because the alternator won't run the generators and my truck at the same time ??? Seriously ??? Or are you telling me it will "hurt" my alternator.....people run all sorts or crap off their alternators....people run HHO GENERATORS ON THEM ALL THE TIME !!!! BMW MAKES A CAR WITH ONE IN IT !!!! FROM FACTORY !!!!! WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT !!!??? HHO generators aren't popular here because people think H2 is a bomb !!! Or that it can kill you !!!

I already tested my set up outside of my truck !!! Hooked it up to the battery....turned my truck on and H2 starts coming out .... Then I let the H2 start coming out of the tube and then I lit it with a lighter....guess what happened....POP !!! Just a little backfire..... The reason I did that was because I have a backfire arrestor built in so if in fact the H2 does explode due to a build up in the line....it won't run a flame all the way back to the generators ....and possibly lead to a bigger explosion.

So the generators work (produced Brown's Gas) , they ran off my alternator and the explosion that I CAUSED ON purpose, what stopped by my in-line backfire arrestor.....questions?

This is what you need to adjust how lean or rich you want your truck to run :http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...%3D18%26um%3D1

Last edited by GeauxTigers; 02-12-2010 at 05:54 PM.
Old 02-12-2010, 05:57 PM
dude... just give it a shot on your truck and see what happens if you're up for taking the risk... I mean. Im not an engineer and so I won't claim to know a whole lot about it... I know people who get crazy good gas mileage in their trucks and I don't know why or how in the heck they tuned it, modded or what not. Just go for it if you want to. I mean the worst thing that could happen is the truck blows up and the ozone burns through causing large amounts of snow to fall in the southeast... wait... did someone already try this? but seriously... I don't know what the risks are or whatnot. Sounds like you have researched it and believe it will work. I say go for it and let us know what happens!

Old 02-12-2010, 06:26 PM
I retract everything I previously posted in this thread. I apologize for any harsh opinions I may have thrown out there, I really don't know what I'm talking about and I have no knowledge of basic physics or thermodynamics. I don't know anything about engines or fuel properties either. I think it is totally possible to gain 100% fuel economy with a home made (or internet purchased) HHO generator and anyone who hasn't tried it for themselves can't say that it doesn't work.

In addition to the HHO generator, I think someone should test another fuel saving system, and it's all natural to boot. All you'd need to do is hook a hose up to your intake, then run the other end in to the cab. Then each time you get in the truck, be sure to bring a burrito and shove the tube up your butt. That should result in better MPGs right?

- NCSU

Old 02-12-2010, 06:29 PM

That's hilarious !!!! I hope it doesn't blow up though ....because it's my daily driver. But if it does blow up........I hope it a freaking nuclear explosion !!!!

Thanks for the encouragement wingman....

Thanks again NCSU for all your sarcastic comments, negative opinions and all you loads of scientific knowledge you've obtained from NC State (?). just keep taking pictures of your truck dude ! Abrasive yet ?

Last edited by GeauxTigers; 02-12-2010 at 06:38 PM.
Old 02-12-2010, 06:39 PM
To answer your questions with another question....what you're telling me is that if I hook this up to my truck ....it won't work because the alternator won't run the generators and my truck at the same time ??? Seriously ??? Or are you telling me it will "hurt" my alternator.....
Neither. They're saying that it takes power from burning gas to turn the alternator. The alternator then powers your HHO generator. The problem is, the "power" the HHO generator makes, is less than the energy it took from the alternator, which is powered by gas. So at the end of the day, you used more energy burning gasoline than you created with your HHO generator.

HHO generators aren't popular here because people think H2 is a bomb !!! Or that it can kill you !!!
No, nobody said it was like a bomb. Usually that kind of talk comes up when discussing liquid H2 vehicles because you are carrying around a tank of pressurized hydrogen. It's that tank of pressurized liquid hydrogen that makes people nervous. Say you got into a bad accident and the hydrogen tank gets ruptured, H2 starts leaking out, and that could cause an explosion.

I already tested my set up outside of my truck !!! Hooked it up to the battery....turned my truck on and H2 starts coming out .... Then I let the H2 start coming out of the tube and then I lit it with a lighter....guess what happened....POP !!! Just a little backfire.....
Yup, nobody questions that. It's called electrolysis.

So the generators work (produced Brown's Gas) , they ran off my alternator and the explosion that I CAUSED ON purpose, what stopped by my in-line backfire arrestor.....questions?
Nope, no questions. What you're describing is proven science. Many high school or college chem students have done exactly what you described in their chem labs.

The big jump is saying that you can use that energy to actually power a fullsized truck.

This is what you need to adjust how lean or rich you want your truck to run :http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...%3D18%26um%3D1
Again, you need to be careful when running your engine lean. High temps can cause major headaches down the road. It won't happen as soon as you hook up the HHO and lean out the motor, but over time damage will occur. Left unchecked, you could end up destroying the engine.

- NCSU

Last edited by NCSU_05_FX4; 02-12-2010 at 06:44 PM.
Old 02-12-2010, 06:41 PM
"No offense"...but I'm an idiot ? Are you serious ??

To answer your questions with another question....what you're telling me is that if I hook this up to my truck ....it won't work because the alternator won't run the generators and my truck at the same time ??? Seriously ??? Or are you telling me it will "hurt" my alternator.....people run all sorts or crap off their alternators....people run HHO GENERATORS ON THEM ALL THE TIME !!!! BMW MAKES A CAR WITH ONE IN IT !!!! FROM FACTORY !!!!! WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT !!!??? HHO generators aren't popular here because people think H2 is a bomb !!! Or that it can kill you !!!
First of all, if you go back and read what I said, correctly this time, you will realize that i said that the things you are saying makes you seem like an idiot. Good job putting words into my mouth though.
This is the comment i am talking about...

Listen, my alternator runs my truck...I'm sure it has a little more power to run the generators. By design, the generators have no "draw." They don't have a set amp that they need to run....if there is electricity running to them...they will produce hydrogen.
There is absolutely no way that something that uses electricity can have no current draw.

I never said it wouldnt work, never said your alternator would have an issue running your truck and the generator(s) at the same time. Once again, there you go putting words into my mouth again.

All that im saying is to stop making statements that are inaccurate, such as the one I listed above, and do not get all upset when someone calls you out on your inaccuracies.

Quick Reply: F-150 Hybrid !!!