F-150 Hybrid !!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 06:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well now that I spent all afternoon reading this... just to get to the end where you bump... I'm pretty disappointed. Doubt the OP will be back with results though.

Old 07-14-2010, 08:10 PM
When I was in college I walked downstairs one day after I woke up. And My roomate had his airbox and a dremel tool in his had going to town hacking apart his airbox.

I said "what the hell are you doing?!" He says plain as day and without a doubt in his mind, "Im turning my airbox into a hydrogen generator so my trucks runs of the hydrogen it produces's instead of gas"

I say "Awesome! let me know how that turns out for you"

About a day later he had 16D nails wound with mechanics wire with all kinds of prongs coming off it and twisted all bad. His theory was that he was going to run 12 volts from the battery to some prongs that came off this mechanics wire wrapped nail, and suspended it in the water that he was going to fill is airbox with because he now made it water tight (the reason for the dremel tool aparently) And that in turn would produce hydrogen that would be directly insterted in the engine via the Airbox (that is now water tight and lets in no air, so how will air even get to the engine to run?)

Well as far as I know hes still working on it and that was 4 years ago.

Last edited by Drick; 07-14-2010 at 08:12 PM.
Old 07-15-2010, 01:42 AM
I know for a fact this works. My step dad put a hydrogen generator on his jeep Cherokee . It doesn't power the engine alone it pumps the hydrogen into the intake and mixes in the air. He got a 4mpg boost and a little bit more pep.

Old 07-15-2010, 06:12 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Jesso
I know for a fact this works. My step dad put a hydrogen generator on his jeep Cherokee . It doesn't power the engine alone it pumps the hydrogen into the intake and mixes in the air. He got a 4mpg boost and a little bit more pep.

Well, we no longer appear to have Go-Tiger to beat on, so .... you'll do!

Happen to have any pix of this setup, perchance?

MGD

Old 07-15-2010, 12:47 PM
Go-Tiger

Old 07-15-2010, 03:56 PM
Originally Posted by MGDfan

Well, we no longer appear to have Go-Tiger to beat on, so .... you'll do!

Happen to have any pix of this setup, perchance?

MGD
I will have to take some. Better i could get a video. You can see the hydrogen bubbling thru the lines and thru a reservoir filter type device. Its not the prettiest thing. I guess the reaction that makes the hydrogen also causes the metal plates in the hydrogen generator to rust and erode which leaves all the hoses and stuff with a nasty color to them. I am on my lunch break right now. When i get home from work i will ask my step dad if i can get under his hood and snap a few pics.

This is the jeep. Its a 90... uh i belive 96 Jeep Cherokee. This bad boy has more modifications then i could even begin to list haha. Not only can it get anywhere its a moving command post. It has more radios rescue equipment gps's supplies then you could imagine. He is MCS SAR (mohave county sheriff search and rescue. You can see the emblems.

Old 07-15-2010, 10:54 PM
So im gonna start by addressing who ever it is that wants to "beat on me" apparently you think im joking or full of bs which im not. My jokes are obvious so im obviously not joking right? right.

OK so i have some pictures for you just like i said. Keep in mind its not the best looking thing because he is still developing so no need to make it look good yet. Now the story behind this all. One of the shops around here specializes in fabrication of 4x4s. They do rock crawlers and have patented air locker systems. Well the guy that owns it is also working on a hydrogen system. He is still in the prototype stage of development. He has been at it for over a couple years now. The goal is to make it as compact as possible so it is able to fit into any vehicle easily. My step dad is doing testing for him because of how hard he drives his vehicle to make sure it will perform.

So Here is the first pic. This is the hydrogen generator itself. Its about the size of a vhs tape. And its mounted on the side of the block.

Now here is a closer up picture. You can see the intake tube and the exit tubes and the + terminal on the generator.

If you look here the tubes run up into that tank and then from there over to that secondary filter and then into the intake.

It does work. When that is making hydrogen there is 3-4 mpg increase and noticeable power. It has been ran and ran without many times for testing purposes and there is no doubt its working not to mention the power increase. Not a big one but easily noticeable. I'm sure i could get into more detail about anything if anyone had questions. All i have to do is ask and then report back.

Old 07-16-2010, 01:02 AM
A professor in the chem dept is working on more efficient ways of separating H2 but he is using methanol because it requires less energy to separate. He admitted that the HHO generators require massive amounts of electricity but he is doing it for chemistry purposes, not automotive applications. Has anyone even tried methanol in one of these generators? A friend of mine made a lawnmower that ran off of methanol mixtures but I dont know what he did with it.

To tiger, since you have a gryphon programmer look into this thread.
http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/conve...t-mileage.html
I used the datalog feature to find improved efficiency of the gotts mod on my 4.6L. The testing I did showed that the larger intake improved efficiency at higher air demands. The larger demands yielded better economy compared to the stock snorkel under the same conditions.

I'm not saying the generators will or will not work because science is based on the ability to disprove previous conclusions and theories. Gather enough data and you can prove either them or yourself wrong with numbers.

If you dont know how to use the datalog feature there is a little how to in my sig on that thread I added.

Old 07-16-2010, 04:34 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by NCSU_05_FX4
MGD, let this guy go. Darwinism works.

- NCSU
You guys remind me of the people who were laughing at the Wright Brothers when they were experimenting with powered flight.

Last edited by Raptor05121; 07-16-2010 at 04:36 AM.
Old 07-16-2010, 07:58 AM
Except the concepts of lift and drag work, they can be documented and proven. I've yet to see a HHO setup scientifically tested. It's always, "some guy I know", or in this case, the guy's Step-dad. Chemistry and physics tells you that you can't get more energy out of a system than you put in. If you're using power to break apart H20 so you can burn the H2, you'll get less energy out of the H2 than you used to create it.

Show me data from some dyno runs, including A/F ratios that back up HHO claims. You said your step-dads vehicle has more "pep", I'm assuming that means it gained HP/TQ in addition to 4+mpgs? Did your step-dad get a new computer tune to run with the HHO setup?

Now my guess is that if it "works" and any MPG increases are seen, it's due to the engine running lean since the incoming "air" is no longer "air" but a mix of air and hydrogen. Since the O2 sensors pick up less O2 than expected for the volume of air (based on what the MAF sees) less fuel is injected into the engine.

Again, that's just my guess as to what is happening. What is not happening is getting enough energy out of a little bit of H2 to add 4+ MPGs.

Can one of you Brown Gas believers tell me why you don't just swap over to a pure hydrogen engine setup and be done with it.

- NCSU

Last edited by NCSU_05_FX4; 07-16-2010 at 08:35 AM.
Old 07-16-2010, 11:07 AM
Except the concepts of lift and drag work, they can be documented and proven. I've yet to see a HHO setup scientifically tested. It's always, "some guy I know", or in this case, the guy's Step-dad. Chemistry and physics tells you that you can't get more energy out of a system than you put in. If you're using power to break apart H20 so you can burn the H2, you'll get less energy out of the H2 than you used to create it.

Show me data from some dyno runs, including A/F ratios that back up HHO claims. You said your step-dads vehicle has more "pep", I'm assuming that means it gained HP/TQ in addition to 4+mpgs? Did your step-dad get a new computer tune to run with the HHO setup?

Now my guess is that if it "works" and any MPG increases are seen, it's due to the engine running lean since the incoming "air" is no longer "air" but a mix of air and hydrogen. Since the O2 sensors pick up less O2 than expected for the volume of air (based on what the MAF sees) less fuel is injected into the engine.

Again, that's just my guess as to what is happening. What is not happening is getting enough energy out of a little bit of H2 to add 4+ MPGs.

Can one of you Brown Gas believers tell me why you don't just swap over to a pure hydrogen engine setup and be done with it.

- NCSU
You know what. You can use all the big words and science know how that you want. Congrats your educated but that doesn't make you right. The problem with hydrogen generators is the greater the distance between the two plates the more amps it requires to create the hydrogen. In our case the distance is microscopic. It creates plenty of hydrogen and it has proven to work for the past 2 years. Now that's results. I dont care what the dyno or the science says.

Old 07-16-2010, 11:54 AM

So Here is the first pic. This is the hydrogen generator itself. Its about the size of a vhs tape. And its mounted on the side of the block.

Now here is a closer up picture. You can see the intake tube and the exit tubes and the + terminal on the generator.

If you look here the tubes run up into that tank and then from there over to that secondary filter and then into the intake.

looks like some kind of hillbilly Nitrous setup

Old 07-16-2010, 11:56 AM
You know what. You can use all the big words and science know how that you want. Congrats your educated but that doesn't make you right. The problem with hydrogen generators is the greater the distance between the two plates the more amps it requires to create the hydrogen. In our case the distance is microscopic. It creates plenty of hydrogen and it has proven to work for the past 2 years. Now that's results.
Which words were too big for you?

What's your proof? How much is plenty?

Again I'll just link to this article, but I have a feeling that asking you to read something might be asking too much. Popular Science Article

I dont care what the dyno or the science says.
I don't know whether to laugh or sigh.

These HHO setups are not a new fad. If they actually worked, there would be alot more support for them.

- NCSU

Old 07-16-2010, 12:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Which words were too big for you?

What's your proof? How much is plenty?

Again I'll just link to this article, but I have a feeling that asking you to read something might be asking too much. Popular Science Article

I don't know whether to laugh or sigh.

These HHO setups are not a new fad. If they actually worked, there would be alot more support for them.

- NCSU

Old 07-16-2010, 03:11 PM
Ok i am done with this conversation. Iv posted my proof. I have the gas millage logs to prove that this in fact increases gas millage by 4mpg.

Obviously you guys are so narrow minded and full of yourselves that you wont accept reality. How the hell can you possibly argue with results?

Here is a math equation for you and it is by far the most accurate statement to be said so far.

Hydrogen generator+ Jeep Cherokee = Better gas mileage.

And for all of you that want to insult my intelligence. Fine go for it. I'm only 20 i have just barely started college and i have a lot to learn. But i do have common sense which is obviously what you are all lacking.

Quick Reply: F-150 Hybrid !!!