2004 - 2008 F-150

Fx4 Meaning

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2006, 09:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So...what do you "Holier Than Thou" Ford owners think of the XL?

I think we are forgetting the main point here folks...and that is we are all driving the BLUE OVAL -- a.k.a. the best trucks on the road. XL, XLT, FX4, STX, FTX, Lariat, or KR, just remember what the emblem says!

Old 01-12-2006, 09:21 PM
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
All you new Lariat owners oughta have one when they were rare and not found on every truck lot in masses...

Old 01-12-2006, 09:27 PM
Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
Since we have a review from a FX4 owner, here is one from a Lariat owner.

Lariats owners, well we just have the best truck out there. Whats left?

FX4s are for bums, who only own a Lariat in there dreams.

This will never end, ever.

TRITON: They do use stiffer shocks but I didn't notice any difference really, but than again I wasn't jumping them either. However I don't really want to beat on my $40,000 truck.

Sorry i never actually saw this, i know this was said in April a long time ago but i couldnt help myself ....... if FX4's are for bums then why do you (thumper) have an FX4 sticker on your truck (wannabe) aaahahahahahahahahaha that is freaking funny oh! here is my reason or "excuse" for not buying a Lariat
The wood dash looks like crap in MY OPINION I went to the dealership looking to get a lariat since i already had one (97 4x4) saw the interior and said NO THANKS.

Old 01-12-2006, 09:28 PM
Very nice Bronco.

Old 01-12-2006, 09:44 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by baja150
2) I prefer the black leather seats w/ the silver accents on FX4 vs. the all one color Lariat leather seats. Plus, you can't get the FX4 seats w/ heat... very nice for cold climates (Michigan).

...but with EATC temperature controls...
Actually the '06 FX4 Luxury package (not on the website) includes these options, both driver and passenger seats are heated..

Craig

Old 01-12-2006, 10:22 PM
Originally Posted by roundwinner
no floor shifter here! don't like it. takes up to much space. make you feel closed in.

I was gunna get the floor shifter but then I was like, DUH, HOW WOULD MY WIFE BE ABLE TO.... and then I got the column shifter

Old 01-12-2006, 10:25 PM
Back to the original question that started ten pages ago...I asked this same question back in '04 when my truck was new and I was told then that the "F" was just a fancy way of putting the first letter of "four" rather than the number.

Four X 4

Here's a similar thread from October 2004.

Last edited by Guigster; 01-12-2006 at 10:32 PM.
Old 01-12-2006, 10:28 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by Big Bad Booty Daddy
Sorry i never actually saw this, i know this was said in April a long time ago but i couldnt help myself ....... if FX4's are for bums then why do you (thumper) have an FX4 sticker on your truck (wannabe) aaahahahahahahahahaha that is freaking funny oh! here is my reason or "excuse" for not buying a Lariat
The wood dash looks like crap in MY OPINION I went to the dealership looking to get a lariat since i already had one (97 4x4) saw the interior and said NO THANKS.
Well here is my reason for my choice of 4WD sticker. .

I don't think Ford should of ever got rid of the FX4 as an optional package and probally would of bought it as extra on my LARIAT. However, since I couldn't and still can't, I have the next best thing. I have a LARIAT with all of the features I would want and now I have far superior suspension and tires which is basically being represented by the FX4 camo sticker.

PS: I guess this means I have something better than a Lariat and FX4!

I was gunna get the floor shifter but then I was like, DUH, HOW WOULD MY WIFE BE ABLE TO.... and then I got the column shifter
. . tell your wife to stop being lazy, its possible. Trust me.

Old 01-12-2006, 11:58 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Recap of the Thread

I just had to ( I know post ***** ) bring up the summary of the better rips..

Good general ripping :
Q: Think the Titan guys do this to one another?
A: Not when they are stuck with trucks that are so ugly not even a mother could love them!

FX-4
- FauX 4x4
- Freakin eXpensive 4 wheel drive
- FX-4 owner called SVT a meaningless suffix we get suckered into. [ Don't tell the L boys that one ( ouch ) ].
- the removal of the 4x4 OFF ROAD stickers. If someone needs to be told with a large sticker it's a 4x4 truck, they don't need to know. [ forget which "side" this was from, but a good ripping all the same ]
- it took Lariat owners 3 minutes to rack up the responses and great zingers, while the dim-witted FX3½ owners took a mind-boggling 21 minutes to come up with "candy-*** lariat"

Lariat
- that 70's coffee table look
- there ARE a couple of more options on the Lariats for those...overachievers.
- Lazy A** Redneck In A Truck
- the FX4 is more of a "Manly" truck then the "Feminine and Womanly" Lariat [ follow up by the "My sister drives a Lariat" ]
- Lariats are for the "seasoned gentleman" whereas FX4s are for the 35 and under crowd [ guess this is why I ordered a Lariat, too old for a FX-4, too young for a Goldwing... ].
- But I'm not in my mid-life crisis yet, so I can still get away with an Fx4. [ ouch..that one hit home..wait I more then mid life, unless I am living to 80 ].

Don't look for me to comment one way or the other. I still own my '01 XLT SCrew, the Lariat SCrew in not in until after 20-JAN. I'm trying to hit the average of the trim levels

Old 01-13-2006, 12:08 AM
[QUOTE=adrianspeeder]All you new Lariat owners oughta have one when they were rare and not found on every truck lot in masses...

I remember those, correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the Eddie Bauer above the Lariat before they did away with it?

Old 01-13-2006, 09:50 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by LsuSuperCrew
..<snip>..
I remember those, correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the Eddie Bauer above the Lariat before they did away with it?
I thought that was the precursor to the King Ranch type trim level ?
If I got that right, then yes, it is the next trim level up ( different leather seats, with the stiching in them, etc ).

This is almost back in the day when I had a F-100 Custom ( I would call it a step down from a XL ). Give me a break, I was in high school, and used it was the only thing I could afford.

Last edited by SSCULLY; 01-14-2006 at 12:27 AM.
Old 01-13-2006, 09:52 AM
I like the "rip" summary, saves me re-living the previous 10 pages.

Old 01-13-2006, 10:47 AM
I'm not quite understanding why people are saying things that might be offending to both FX4 and Lariat owners. Both types of trucks a nice looking both have features that the other doesn't. It all depends on what the buyer likes and wants out of their Ford. Get a Lariat if someone wants a more luxurious ride. FX4 is a little tighter ride...skid plates(available of Lariat) decal? People get what they want I know I did. I am a LARIAT owner

Old 01-13-2006, 10:58 AM
Originally Posted by JS04CREW
I'm not quite understanding why people are saying things that might be offending to both FX4 and Lariat owners.
If I remember correctly it was started by some insecure Lariat owners.

btw, it's all in fun

Old 01-13-2006, 10:59 AM
Originally Posted by JS04CREW
I'm not quite understanding why people are saying things that might be offending to both FX4 and Lariat owners. Both types of trucks a nice looking both have features that the other doesn't. It all depends on what the buyer likes and wants out of their Ford. Get a Lariat if someone wants a more luxurious ride. FX4 is a little tighter ride...skid plates(available of Lariat) decal? People get what they want I know I did. I am a LARIAT owner

Thats right i personally did not like the lariat wood grain but did like some of the options that came on the lariat.. i prefer the carbon fiber dash trim better than the wood grain. i came from a superduty lariat where i absolutely could not understand why they would put woodgrain just on the door...i guess the debate will never end LOL

Quick Reply: Fx4 Meaning