Where do you guys get your tires?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 01:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mSaLL150
Took the same approach and walked in with the online print-out, went back and forth for about 30 minutes and got them down on their in-store price quite a bit but not as low as the advertised price online. Still a much better deal than I was finding anywhere else especially with the warranty and free rotation/balance for the tires' life, so I'm happy. They go on tomorrow morning.
Awesome man!!! If you ever get something nasty in the sidewall they will give you a free tire no questions asked.

Old 02-10-2012, 01:10 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by sbchris
Awesome man!!! If you ever get something nasty in the sidewall they will give you a free tire no questions asked.
That's good to know. They are definitely softer tread than the KM2s I had on before so I'm a tad concerned about them chunking on rock trails I drive for hunting. Hopefully they'll be ok off the pavement, but on the interstate they are very smooth.

Old 02-13-2012, 10:14 PM
I used to order from TireRack. They have been great with every transaction. Unfortunately TireRack doesn't carry Nitto, so I've had to go elsewhere for the last few sets. I have tires shipped to work and install them myself, or have one of the techs in the shop do them. Some stores only ship to the billing address, which limits places I'll deal with.

Truckaddons.com has free shipping on most stuff and price matches, so they've been getting my business lately. Got my tonneau, toolbox, and a couple sets of tires, and so far no complaints.

Old 02-14-2012, 10:00 PM
I just ordered my Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac 305/70/16 mounted and balanced on ION ALLOY 171 16"x10" 5x135 -38 shipped to my house for :

tires cost $103.13 each

wheels cost $206.93 each

Subtotal: $1,240.24
Shipping & Handling: $242.09
Tax: $0.00

TOTAL: $1,482.33

www.onlinetires.com

I will let you guys know how it all went when I get the tires... I did call them and so far customer service is ok or at least I have nothing to complain about...

Last edited by EVIL_SVT; 02-15-2012 at 06:50 AM.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:36 PM
Cheapest tires and wheel deals I've found

Hey guys, I always use SD Wheel Corp. 1-800-317-0483. He sells a lot through eBay.... I have found no one who can beat his prices (Tire rack is always higher) He is in Illinois. I always deal with Steve.... "you see it I can get it" His favorite quote!!!!

Old 02-15-2012, 09:14 PM
Originally Posted by ad2tude
Hey guys, I always use SD Wheel Corp. 1-800-317-0483. He sells a lot through eBay.... I have found no one who can beat his prices (Tire rack is always higher) He is in Illinois. I always deal with Steve.... "you see it I can get it" His favorite quote!!!!
Steve at SDWHEEL Corp is who I got my wheel & tire package from as well and he beat everyones price and was $300 cheaper than Rimzone.

Never dealt with him on the phone. Did everything through email. Found the package on ebay but wanted different tires and he hooked me up.

Did have a few problems though. Was supposed to get lugnuts with the package but didnt recieve any. When I contacted him, he apoligised and said he would send them right out or give me a $20 refund (said they only cost him $5). Didnt want to wait so took the refund but wound up paying $60 for lugs and wheel locks locally. (Gorilla lugs & locks)

My package came with new TPMS sensors installed too and still trying to make sure they are working OK. Only other problem I had was the valve stems were loose and leaking air but after tightening them they seem OK now. The tires had some rub marks right at the top of the white lettering too which is frustrating but I plan to put the blackwalls out when I rotate this spring. Havent contacted him about that though as I'm waiting to make sure the TPMS sensors are OK. I'm guessing they got the rub marks when balancing.

Oh yeah .... make sure you check the tracking and that someone will be home when they deliver cause I woke up around noon (work nights) with my wheels & tires stacked up in my front yard. Not even sure if they even knocked on the door. They were shipped through DBSchenker.

But other than that .... lol ..... It was a smooth transaction and quick shipping. Had the tires in less than a week from Ill. to Baltimore.

Last edited by CAGE RATTLER; 02-15-2012 at 09:20 PM.
Old 02-17-2012, 11:49 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by CAGE RATTLER
)

My package came with new TPMS sensors installed too and still trying to make sure they are working OK. .
im still having issues with my tpms and noone in town wants to touch my rims because of the lip design to install the oem set of sensors i purchased. i told them the original installer put aftermarket sensors in (2 things, either there are no sensors in my wheels, or they were broken when the tires were mounted on the rims)and they tried waking them up and nothing worked, niether the fordtrigger nor the tpms tool at the shop. i really wish i could find the tpms control on the trucks computer and yank it out

went to FORD but they wanted to charge $104.95 for the swap plus $80 to mount and balance,

Old 02-18-2012, 12:01 AM
Did you go to the dealer to try and activate your sensors?

I see you have an 08 as well and I'm sure your aware that the 07 & 08's have the banded sensors. When I got my wheel & tire package I told the guy over and over that my truck requires the banded style. I sure hope thats whats in there but I'm starting to think they may have used the valve stem mounted ones. So far everyone that looked at them says it looks like the valve stem mounted because of the metal valve stems.

The Mr Tire near me said they will activate them for free but when i went there my light was out then. Plan on going back this weekend now that the light is back on.

Quick Reply: Where do you guys get your tires?