Where do you guys get your tires?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 08:09 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
when i shopping for tires, i read some of your older posts saying your intentions were toyo m/ts but settled on the bfg's for various understandable reasons. i would give the toyos and nittos a look. some tires that always caught my eye were the mickey thompson tires also, just cuz of theyre tread pattern

Old 02-02-2012, 10:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You can try treadepot.com. They are the cheapest I have found on KM2's

Old 02-04-2012, 05:23 PM
Go to America's tire and ask them to price match this shop down in so-cal. I'd say use America's tire because they offer free rotation and balance for the life of the tire.

These guys have the best prices on Toyo by far when I looked for a new pair of 37's, internet name is tirecrawler.com, local shop is called Allen Tire company in Downey.

I think it is just a marketing thing with the different names...

Here is a link to check the price on that tire http://tirecrawler.com/shop/detail_t...product_id=922

I told the guy at America's tire if you can't match the price I'd have no problem driving down south to pick up a set of tires. Guy chatted with his boss and said they will match it no problem because 37's are 410ish a tire. Every where else they run about 460-500 a tire.

They are still making a decent margin on these tires.

Old 02-04-2012, 08:02 PM
I got my tires from rimco. I got 265/35r22 nitto 420s street tires with the 18 month road hazard, mounted and balanced for around $900. but paid in payments so I think it was a good deal for me.

I think right now they are having a special if you buy 3 tires you get the fourth for free on street tires and maybe off road tires

Old 02-05-2012, 09:41 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tire Rack. I've been dealing with those guys for years. Great customer service, knowledgable tire reviews and quick shipping. I'd recommend them to anybody. - Og

Old 02-06-2012, 02:40 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by sbchris
Go to America's tire and ask them to price match this shop down in so-cal. I'd say use America's tire because they offer free rotation and balance for the life of the tire.

These guys have the best prices on Toyo by far when I looked for a new pair of 37's, internet name is tirecrawler.com, local shop is called Allen Tire company in Downey.

I think it is just a marketing thing with the different names...

Here is a link to check the price on that tire http://tirecrawler.com/shop/detail_t...product_id=922

I told the guy at America's tire if you can't match the price I'd have no problem driving down south to pick up a set of tires. Guy chatted with his boss and said they will match it no problem because 37's are 410ish a tire. Every where else they run about 460-500 a tire.

They are still making a decent margin on these tires.
Awesome, I'll give America's tire a call. Did they match the listed price on the web? $288 a tire is a steal for these.

Old 02-06-2012, 10:43 PM
Originally Posted by Justin_w32
So would you all say the warranty is worth it from Discount tire? I'm looking at GY Duratracs and its just some ridiculous prices, looking to save a little bit. Ive got the warranty on the past 2 sets and never needed it. Just wondering if its worth spending the extra $ in your experience?
Not sure what is included in the warranty but I've never bought a tire warranty. I live in Oregon and have used a local dealer who is a Tire Rack dealer and also used Les Schwab. Schwab is great for repairing flats at no charge and no questions asked. They even repaired a tire at no cost on my current F-150 that still has the stock tires on so they obviously were not bought there.

Old 02-07-2012, 05:55 PM
Originally Posted by mSaLL150
Awesome, I'll give America's tire a call. Did they match the listed price on the web? $288 a tire is a steal for these.
I did it in-store at stevens creek. He gave me 5 bucks over on each tire, I said that would be fine with me.

They didn't want to budge at all till I said "well I have no problem driving down there to get the tires." I think they were a bit bugged about the price matching to SoCal, but it really bugged them that these tires are within reach if push really came to shove.

Old 02-07-2012, 06:24 PM
Originally Posted by OgRedd
Tire Rack. I've been dealing with those guys for years. Great customer service, knowledgable tire reviews and quick shipping. I'd recommend them to anybody. - Og
If all you're buying is replacement tires, they're not bad, but if you're looking for wheels too, their selection is seriously limited. They could definitely beef up the application chart work.

Old 02-08-2012, 10:18 AM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by OgRedd
Before I started my career at Tire Rack, I would buy my tires from local installers and big "discount" stores. I cannot believe how naive I was for YEARS! The eye opener was after I started working here and independently went "shopping" for tires locally just to say how they would get my business... WOW! No pre-qualification questions and on occasions when I gave explicit instructions on what I was looking for (MX-5 for track days ONLY), they offered me an ALL-SEASON TIRE that carried a name everyone could relate to! For trucks, the local guys assume name recognition will achieve the sale alone... what a joke! Do they test the tires? Do they use road testing to check for handling/steering/braking response?
Bottom line is I now shop (not just for tires) where I actually feel the business actually has my best interest in mind when selecting a product for me and my family and not just what they stock on their own shelves.
OK - off the soap box...

Old 02-08-2012, 11:26 AM
TRUCK OF THE YEAR 2013

Cash Hopper,

You have the ultimate salesman's name!

Old 02-08-2012, 01:43 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have heard that the local QuickLane will match online prices from places like Tire Rack. I haven't tried it out, though. I bought a set of Michelin's for my wife's Escape at Costco. I like the price and the quality, but hate trying to get it in for balance/rotation.

Old 02-08-2012, 03:41 PM
Originally Posted by DewserB
Cash Hopper,

You have the ultimate salesman's name!
Haha I saw that too. I saw his username before his signature and thought, why did they create an email address using the word cash.

Old 02-09-2012, 06:36 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by sbchris
I did it in-store at stevens creek. He gave me 5 bucks over on each tire, I said that would be fine with me.

They didn't want to budge at all till I said "well I have no problem driving down there to get the tires." I think they were a bit bugged about the price matching to SoCal, but it really bugged them that these tires are within reach if push really came to shove.
Took the same approach and walked in with the online print-out, went back and forth for about 30 minutes and got them down on their in-store price quite a bit but not as low as the advertised price online. Still a much better deal than I was finding anywhere else especially with the warranty and free rotation/balance for the tires' life, so I'm happy. They go on tomorrow morning.

Old 02-10-2012, 10:50 AM
Former Sponsor
I don't know why, but every time I hear the word warranty I think of Tommy Boy...

Quick Reply: Where do you guys get your tires?