Where do you guys get your tires?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 11:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I usually just buy another truck...lol not kidding. Just bought another bronco with brand new 32" falken wildpeak tires.

Old 01-31-2012, 11:13 PM
Not serious about getting this but if I was where could I buy this airless tire.

Thanks!

Old 01-31-2012, 11:23 PM
Originally Posted by 1997 lariat 4.6
tell me about it... i went back to see what was taking so long, but i guess i gotta let the crackheads from a crack town take their time.... it peeves me off that they let ppl like that work on someones vehicle... Its really unnerving when the head of the shop says, "im so sorry it took that idiot so long to do 2 tires, i dont know why he even did it." needless to say i got the road hazard to replace the dang things if crackhead johnny's job fails... i'm gonna do the other 2 this spring to get em all matching, mismatched tires bother me, not to mention look trashy.
I've got a couple nimrods working at my shop busting tires, but they can do the job.

I busted tires for 4 years, work up front as a customer advisor now.

Some people I see working cars at shops of all types sometimes scares the **** out of me.

Old 02-01-2012, 09:20 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by jdc48160
I've got a couple nimrods working at my shop busting tires, but they can do the job.

I busted tires for 4 years, work up front as a customer advisor now.

Some people I see working cars at shops of all types sometimes scares the **** out of me.
i can believe why!

Old 02-01-2012, 10:37 AM
Technical Article Contributor

got my wheels and tires price matched from online at 4wp plus some tax and warranty.

took the shipped price and paid about 300 extra over the online price. seemed fair to me being they have some form of protection now. that and i got the old setup broken down for free and im too lazy to swap the wheels myself nowdays haha

Old 02-01-2012, 08:17 PM
tirecrawler.com is where I have found the cheapest prices but most places will price match. Discounttiredirect has good prices and will pricematch. They also sell on ebay and the prices are usually cheaper there.

I just bought a wheel & tire package online and got the best price from sdwheelcorp.
They sell on ebay and on their website. They beat out rimzone by over $300. Rimzone wants $300 for TPMS sensors and sdwheelcorp was only $42 each installed.

Old 02-01-2012, 08:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
In the past I have had good luck with Discount. However last time I took the G in for rotation, and balance they cross threaded 2 studs, and scratched my BBS wheels. Needless to say I will not be buying from them again.They reimbursed me for the stud replacement (after 3 months), but denied damaging the wheels. I have had good luck with Tire Rack, but you have to have a decent shop to install, unless you buy a tire wheel package. Current Kellys were bought from a semi local Good Year dealer. Great price and service.

Old 02-01-2012, 08:56 PM
So would you all say the warranty is worth it from Discount tire? I'm looking at GY Duratracs and its just some ridiculous prices, looking to save a little bit. Ive got the warranty on the past 2 sets and never needed it. Just wondering if its worth spending the extra $ in your experience?

Old 02-01-2012, 08:59 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
I get my 20" tires for free from work. other tires, ive bought through discount and installed them myself to save costs

Old 02-01-2012, 09:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you are looking at the Dura Tracs, check out the Kelly TSrs. They are owned by Goodyear, and teh tires are very similar in dsign. I have heard they are made in teh same factory. I love mine, great in all weather, mud, rain, snow, and ice. 30000 miles, and will probably go another 30.

Old 02-01-2012, 09:11 PM

Why are you steering away from the BFG finally? I wish more tires came with white walls.

-Curtis-

Old 02-01-2012, 09:54 PM
Originally Posted by Glen R
If you are looking at the Dura Tracs, check out the Kelly TSrs. They are owned by Goodyear, and teh tires are very similar in dsign. I have heard they are made in teh same factory. I love mine, great in all weather, mud, rain, snow, and ice. 30000 miles, and will probably go another 30.
Cool I didn't realize they owned Kelly Tires, Ive always liked Kellys but the ol mom and pop tire shops around here carried them and charged an arm and a leg for them too. I might have to check it out. Thanks

*Edit* Ah dang I don't think they make them in the size I need, much less a 20" rim.

Last edited by Justin_w32; 02-01-2012 at 10:04 PM.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:05 PM
Bought some Yoko Geo A/Ts yesterday for the wife's '04 for $142 ea with free shipping from Amazon.

Old 02-01-2012, 10:09 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by lakemarykid
Why are you steering away from the BFG finally? I wish more tires came with white walls.

-Curtis-
Love the KM2s, they have 55k miles on them and could go another 5-8k. Got me through anything and everything, unreal traction off the pavement and looks are killer of course. As they have gotten down the last bit though, they wore more on the inside and have developed a bad shimmy that is driving me nuts. They are pretty loud now too, got louder as they wore down. They are a kick-*** tire and I still recommend them to everyone, I'm just looking to try something else that is a bit quieter and to give the truck a new look. Who knows maybe i'll be back to BFG shortly.

Old 02-02-2012, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by mSaLL150
Love the KM2s, they have 55k miles on them and could go another 5-8k. Got me through anything and everything, unreal traction off the pavement and looks are killer of course. As they have gotten down the last bit though, they wore more on the inside and have developed a bad shimmy that is driving me nuts. They are pretty loud now too, got louder as they wore down. They are a kick-*** tire and I still recommend them to everyone, I'm just looking to try something else that is a bit quieter and to give the truck a new look. Who knows maybe i'll be back to BFG shortly.
I hear ya. Try to stay with a white wall i'd say. It set your truck off nicely. Wish the nitto's came with a white wall. I've always been a fan of the Cooper Discoverer STT tread pattern.

-Curtis-

Quick Reply: Where do you guys get your tires?