8" Rize owners speak up please!

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 02:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
8" Rize owners speak up please!

I am planning on installing a 8" rize lift and need to know what wheels/tires/wheel backspacing you are running and I recently learned afew people had issues with driveshaft angles/length. What did you do to fix it, a extention or a double cardan joint? and do you do this to both axels or just the rear? I really need to hear from people with the 8" Rize lift because it is so hard to get info on this lift.

Last edited by J.Wal; 02-17-2010 at 02:11 PM.
Old 02-17-2010, 02:12 PM
Sorry, dude but if you wanna turn a 4wd truck into a 2wd truck. A Rize lift is the number one way to do it. Majority of the people I have seen running that lift have completely removed the front drive shaft because of the VERY bad axle angles, and they didn't want the headache of dealing with the issue Rize didn't want to deal with when designing this sorry lift. IMO I would never put one on my truck. Don't get me wrong they look sweet, but I run the same size tire (as the Rize guys) with my 6 + 3. And I STILL have my front drive shaft that still works.

Old 02-17-2010, 03:15 PM
Ok first of all your gonna need to do something with the drive shafts. Either its get spacers, have it lengthened or custom built. You will need to do it too both of them I'm sure. Ill be doing this when I install my 12inch Rize in like 2 weeks or so.

Old 02-17-2010, 03:17 PM
Old 02-17-2010, 03:22 PM
Originally Posted by Da Wolf
Majority of the people I have seen running that lift have completely removed the front drive shaft because of the VERY bad axle angles, and they didn't want the headache of dealing with the issue Rize didn't want to deal with when designing this sorry lift. IMO I would never put one on my truck. Don't get me wrong they look sweet, but I run the same size tire (as the Rize guys) with my 6 + 3. And I STILL have my front drive shaft that still works.

So please tell me why your bashing on a Rize lift when it is better than any lift out there for our F150s unless you go SAS. What about their design makes the angles so bad? NOTHING. Its the amount of lift your putting onto the truck. Bc putting any 8inch plus suspension and I mean SUSPENSION lift your going to have to do something with the driveshafts due to them not being long enough. Its not the angles. There is a member here flores something who is running a 12inch Rize with 40s and got custom driveshafts but has nothing wrong with the angles.

Old 02-17-2010, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by mhockey9090
So please tell me why your bashing on a Rize lift when it is better than any lift out there for our F150s
Not trying to start an arguement , but what makes Rize better, than BDS , Fabtech, Rancho ?

Old 02-17-2010, 03:55 PM
They all work the same and people have their opinions of lifts. IMO Rize makes the best lift for our trucks. Its look better than any other lift as well as the engineer design in it. The only downside is the price of the kit but I think its worth it if you have the money.

Old 02-17-2010, 03:59 PM
Ok so another thing if fabtech, rancho, procomp all came out with an 8inch lift with the same design they are now. Which lift would you chose out of them? Rize, Fabtech, Procomp, Skyjacker, or BDS.

Old 02-17-2010, 04:13 PM
enough bickering ladies...... have any of you even run a Rize suspension before?

With the 8" Rize you might or might not have an issue with the driveshafts. Of all the members on here that I know that have the Rize 8" or 12", non of them have issues running in 4wd. A few people have ne driveshafts front and rear of both the standard type and double cardan type, a few have spacers and a few have nothing done to their driveshafts. I ran my truck with the 8" Rize and King coilovers bumped up to 10 1/2" and National Leafs in the rear(sbchris now owns the Rize and leafs) built to the same height and I didn't have any issues with my rear driveshaft other than a momentary vibration when I let off of the gas. That was due to the extreme angle. The 4wd still worked but vibrated. When I dropped my truck back down to 8"(the Rize 8" actually measure 8 1/2" by the way) I had no issues with the front at all and I still had the vibration in the rear when I let off the gas. When I say vibration I mean you could feel it in the pedal but nowhere else and you could hear it. There are numerous people that run 8" of suspension lift that have fully functioning 4wd.

As for the wheels issue I think most that have the 8" or 12" Rize run a 20x10 w/ 4.5" bs. The first set I had was that size and bs but i later switched to a 20x10 w/ 6" bs and had no issues with rubbing at all. As a matter of fact, I had 38x15.5's even when my truck was at 8" and didn't have any rubbing at all though I have some trimming to my stock valance and inner fender wells.

The easiest and best way to find out info on something is to do a search for what you are looking for. If you can't find the info you need in the threads then pm the people that have the products you need info on. Sometimes when you start new threads, you get no response because people know you're being lazy and not searching for it. Sometimes you get guys that have no experience with what you are talking about chiming in feeding you false info too.

Old 02-17-2010, 04:14 PM
Never said Rize was not a good lift. Just with THAT much lift, you can not run a stock drive shaft WITHOUT: 1) complete removal, 2) custom shaft (which is expensive), or 3) some sort of spacer. Their lift is a very good high quality product (no argument there), but if you are going to pay that kind of price for a lift, a shaft spacer or something, is needed. I just think something needs to be provided WITH the kit from RIZE so that you can still use your shaft. I paid less money for my 6 and 3, and achieved the same height as a Rize would give me. I also get to keep and USE my 4wd shaft without spending more $$$$ on a new shaft. Heck I almost bought a 8" Rize kit, and found out about the steep angles and issues that can come from it. So, I opted for the 6" lift.

And to answer your question. I would not chose any of them. 6" suspension is as tall as you can go IF you don't wanna keep replacing parts on a regular basis, on a Daily Driver like mine. But I currently have a 6" fabtech.

Last edited by Da Wolf; 02-17-2010 at 04:19 PM.
Old 02-17-2010, 04:22 PM
Originally Posted by Da Wolf
Never said Rize was not a good lift. Just with THAT much lift, you can not run a stock drive shaft WITHOUT: 1) complete removal, 2) custom shaft (which is expensive), or 3) some sort of spacer. Their lift is a very good high quality product (no argument there), but if you are going to pay that kind of price for a lift, a shaft spacer or something, is needed. I just think something needs to be provided WITH the kit from RIZE so that you can still use your shaft. I paid less money for my 6 and 3, and achieved the same height as a Rize would give me. I also get to keep and USE my 4wd shaft without spending more $$$$ on a new shaft. Heck I almost bought a 8" Rize kit, and found out about the steep angles and issues that can come from it. So, I opted for the 6" lift.

And to answer your question. I would not chose any of them. 6" suspension is as tall as you can go IF you don't wanna keep replacing parts on a regular basis, on a Daily Driver like mine. But I currently have a 6" fabtech.
Who is feeding you all this bull?

Old 02-17-2010, 04:22 PM
body SPACERS dont count as a lift

Old 02-17-2010, 04:24 PM
I'm also pretty damn positive that Rize doesn't even make a lift for the 97-03(04 obs) trucks........

Old 02-17-2010, 04:33 PM
If I am wrong, I will admit it. But till, then please enlighten me more on the Rize lifts. I am not one to argue over small crap like this. I am just stating my things I have heard, read, and seen first hand. And if all these are incorrect, please feel free provide more information so that I may inform others (and myself) about the pros and cons on this lift. So enlighten me on the misconceptions that are surrounding these angles. Can you run your STOCK shaft WITHOUT a spacer on this lift without vibration, breaking, etc...?

Old 02-17-2010, 04:41 PM
Look up a few posts and you'll see that I already cleared the air about the driveshaft issue. Not trying to start an argument but one shouldn't make statements like they are facts if they don't know they are true or not.

Quick Reply: 8" Rize owners speak up please!