Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by whiteLifted5.4
body SPACERS dont count as a lift
you mean body lift ?

So what does it count as then ?

Old 02-17-2010, 04:55 PM
Originally Posted by tlt008
enough bickering ladies...... have any of you even run a Rize suspension before?

With the 8" Rize you might or might not have an issue with the driveshafts. Of all the members on here that I know that have the Rize 8" or 12", non of them have issues running in 4wd. A few people have ne driveshafts front and rear of both the standard type and double cardan type, a few have spacers and a few have nothing done to their driveshafts. I ran my truck with the 8" Rize and King coilovers bumped up to 10 1/2" and National Leafs in the rear(sbchris now owns the Rize and leafs) built to the same height and I didn't have any issues with my rear driveshaft other than a momentary vibration when I let off of the gas. That was due to the extreme angle. The 4wd still worked but vibrated. When I dropped my truck back down to 8"(the Rize 8" actually measure 8 1/2" by the way) I had no issues with the front at all and I still had the vibration in the rear when I let off the gas. When I say vibration I mean you could feel it in the pedal but nowhere else and you could hear it. There are numerous people that run 8" of suspension lift that have fully functioning 4wd.

Sometimes you get guys that have no experience with what you are talking about chiming in feeding you false info too.
Im just stating my opinion here about the Rize lift thats all. IMO best lift you can get for our NBS F150s unless you go SAS. If you think other wise then thats you. I know my 12inch Rize is sitting in the garage waiting to be installed. I know what i need done to mine to make it work. For example Custom Driveshaft or lengthened, Custom Brake Lines for the rear, Rear Suspension, and etc. But everyone i know with an 8inch + Rize lift has done something with the driveshafts in order for them too work. So thats my fault on saying you will have to get something done to the driveshaft no matter what. But hey you may get lucky and you may not but be prepared to have something done to the driveshaft just in case.

Old 02-17-2010, 05:01 PM
Originally Posted by Da Wolf
And to answer your question. I would not chose any of them. 6" suspension is as tall as you can go IF you don't wanna keep replacing parts on a regular basis, on a Daily Driver like mine. But I currently have a 6" fabtech.
AGAIN not trying to argue with you but what is the difference between guys running 8inch Rize lifts on 37s compared to your 6inch suspension and 3inch body lift on 38s ? What parts are you talking about being replaced?

Old 02-17-2010, 05:41 PM
My driveshafts have been fine. I haven't put on a ton of miles since the lift, but no issues yet with vibration or with the four wheel drive. I am running 20X10's with 4.5"bs. I have some minor rubbing up front, but only when I am turned a certain way and the front end drops. The Rize is a great lift. Very well made, installs great (from what the shop told me), and looks awesome.

Old 02-17-2010, 06:05 PM
Originally Posted by mhockey9090
AGAIN not trying to argue with you but what is the difference between guys running 8inch Rize lifts on 37s compared to your 6inch suspension and 3inch body lift on 38s ? What parts are you talking about being replaced?
Tie rod ends end, steering linkage, u-joints are just a few that I know wear out fast with the 8" lifts than the 6" lifts. I know with my A-arm bearings they have a life of around 60K miles before having to be placed. And I can only imagine with an 8" lift they would wear quicker.

Old 02-17-2010, 06:16 PM
Having owned both lifts and installed both here is my insight...

I came from the normal 6 inch lift world and let me tell you, those kits are made on the cookie cutter and the parts are very thin and light weight. They make the6 inch kits like this to cut down on cost and fabrication time, think mass production. The Rize kit is in a different league completely and also comes with a hefty price tag. Over the top welds, heavy duty metal thickness, elaborate lazor cuts, fabricated spindles and just sure mass on all the parts is the biggest thing that stands out with the Rize kit. (Just editing my post here) A negative to the Rize kit would be more unsprung weight vs a 6 inch kit. The spindles are a bit overkill on the Rize kit. All this means is the suspension can start to feel a little less active compared to a 6 inch kit, but I'm talking about pulling hairs here with little tiny bumps in the road.

When the truck had the 6 inch lift, I still had vibrations in the rear d/s, with the Rize it was a little bit worse. Like Trev said, the average guy would not notice this, but I am a car/truck snob so these little vibration drives me nuts. On the stock Rize kit you should be fine or at the limit with the rear drive shaft. Rize will say, it depends on the truck if you need them or not. So it is not a requirement to run the lift. I do a good amount of driving in the snow so I opted to do a one off custom for my front drive shaft. I'd rather listen to my music than something below the floor pan making weird sounds for 10 plus hours. Again, you don't have to do this upgrade and it is not manditory.

I'm not sure where this anti 4wd on a Rize kit came from? News to me, guess my 4wd isn't working? I love guys that speak from experience, and push what they run. I give a crap what brand I run, I just want that company to stand behind me.

What one must also take into account is most of us guys running the Rize kit are far from running the stock kit. If you run the stock kit you will be fine. If you start to get that itch to bump it up a little bit more, say hello problems that Rize did not take into account for, nor should they, because the kit was designed around the same angles as a new factory truck. This doesn't mean you can't level the kit though to get another inch or two just like you can on a stock truck.

If you are referring to my posts about the rear drive shaft vibration than you might be confused. I'm not running anything Rize in the rear of my truck. The truck has a huge set of custom national leaf springs that are a good deal taller than the stock Rize setup. It is pretty much a normal fact that when you go 10+ over the stock height you are going to need a new rear d/s. Doesn't matter what make model or truck you own, with that much lift things will and do move.

If you run the Rize kit at the stock height you very well could be fine. If you start to play around with the truck like most of us then you will most likely run into the same problems. I went a little nuts so I'm running a double cardan front and soon have some kind of high angle setup in the rear.

Last edited by sbchris; 02-17-2010 at 06:22 PM.
Old 02-17-2010, 06:19 PM
Tie rod ends end, steering linkage, u-joints are just a few that I know wear out fast with the 8" lifts than the 6" lifts. I know with my A-arm bearings they have a life of around 60K miles before having to be placed. And I can only imagine with an 8" lift they would wear quicker.
BTW, I daily drive my truck hard. The only problem I have ever had was a window motor go out. I know friends who are on 12+ inch IFS lifts with over 200K miles and have never touched a ball joint. I'll keep driving my truck without problems thank you very much!

BTW, your a-arms don't have bearings in them.

Old 02-17-2010, 07:15 PM

This is why I said I wanted to hear from Rize owers. Thanks for the " I heard" posts but unless you have owned one, you are only carrying out hear say. I want someone that has a rize to say " three is/ ain't a vibration" or you must extend the drive shaft. I called Rize and asked about the driveshaft issue and they said there was a 1% chance my truck would have a issue. If I had one th get a Pice that would lessen the angle and that would fix it.
I did look up as much as I could, have made several phone calls and contacted afew members with this lift, and receved no reply from the members as of yet.
Thanks for the heads up but I need to hear from someone who is/ has ran this lift. To the member that posted earlyer that had this lift will you pm me, I have wheels with a 5 or 6" back space and would like to ask you some questions about them and the setup you had scence you actually have first hand knowledge of the lift
Thanks all!

Old 02-17-2010, 07:16 PM
Technical Article Contributor

I too have had ZERO issues with my Rize lift and would never run anything but a Rize lift simply because of there high standard of quality workmanship. I probably also have the worst angles of anyone with a Rize lift and have had zero issues with wearing things out, and my driveshafts work just fine...

I got driveshafts built from scratch for less than 500 bucks too... I just came out of a week where we got so much snow and ice I ran 4wd hi for pretty much all of one week with no issues at all.

SBchris, mhockey, and tlt are completely right in their posts though

Plenty of people on here have bashed their rize kits off road with zero problems. I know TexanAviator and I think dirtbound have beat them up hard with no issues to speak of. The award for putting a Rize kit through its ranks goes to OGterror though If it can survive his off road ventures its built to last!

My opinion, the best kit available for any vehicle is Rize Industries (at least the vehicles they make lifts for!)

If you plan on basically just running a rize lift and not going crazy like some of us there is a good chance your driveshafts will be okay, but there is also a chance they will need extended rebuilt. That is really not expensive though, less than 500 bucks in most cases. Just check the slip yoke after installation, it its way out its probably a good idea to get them lengthened.

Last edited by FX4life; 02-17-2010 at 09:01 PM.
Old 02-17-2010, 07:49 PM
Well Thank You sbchris and FX4LIFE for your post. You wisdom proved my points I was trying to get across. Leo has more videos and pics from offroading on another forum and he's still crazy. But the blocks he sent still havebt got here so I can't start my install. But I think I'm gonna go with bilstein 5125s in the rear

Old 02-17-2010, 08:58 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by mhockey9090
Well Thank You sbchris and FX4LIFE for your post. You wisdom proved my points I was trying to get across. Leo has more videos and pics from offroading on another forum and he's still crazy. But the blocks he sent still havebt got here so I can't start my install. But I think I'm gonna go with bilstein 5125s in the rear

This actually pisses me off too...You know who built his rear leaf packs? Freaking Deaver! The same folks that told me they "were not setup to make leafs that big, and had never made leafs that big; go talk to atlas". I threw my money at those guys and they didn't want it He just pm'd me about that very subject today

He sent me a vid of the articulation those deavers have and its pretty sick Since National said 1 week to move and then took 3 weeks to move they just started on mine today....

Last edited by FX4life; 02-17-2010 at 09:02 PM.
Old 02-17-2010, 09:18 PM
Originally Posted by FX4life
This actually pisses me off too...You know who built his rear leaf packs? Freaking Deaver! The same folks that told me they "were not setup to make leafs that big, and had never made leafs that big; go talk to atlas". I threw my money at those guys and they didn't want it He just pm'd me about that very subject today

He sent me a vid of the articulation those deavers have and its pretty sick Since National said 1 week to move and then took 3 weeks to move they just started on mine today....
That's weird how they built him a set then now you ask for a set they say they can't do it. You should call them and said remember Leo, kinda funny how he has a set of 8inch leaf packs from you guys.

Yeah idk what video he showed you but one of them I could have sworn his tires were going to just snap of the axle haha. It was crazy.

That's good they started on yours. How long will it take did they say? Can't wait to see them. Also do you hav all the part numbers of the front end parts you ordered? Prob end up going with the same as you bc they will work on my truck too.

Old 02-17-2010, 11:25 PM
heres that video

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/un8IMhdgT34&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_ US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/un8IMhdgT34&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_ US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Old 02-18-2010, 12:21 AM
If I am wrong, I will admit it. But till, then please enlighten me more on the Rize lifts. I am not one to argue over small crap like this. I am just stating my things I have heard, read, and seen first hand. And if all these are incorrect, please feel free provide more information so that I may inform others (and myself) about the pros and cons on this lift. So enlighten me on the misconceptions that are surrounding these angles. Can you run your STOCK shaft WITHOUT a spacer on this lift without vibration, breaking, etc...?
Heres Some things to show you of a good friend. Leo ( OGTERROR )

Heres him beating up on the Rize

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zXtLg92KwCI&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_ US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zXtLg92KwCI&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_ US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Changed his Procomp 6inch lift for an 8inch Rize

http://www.truckmodcentral.com/forum...ead.php?t=2688

Then again a thread of broken parts with the Pro comp 6inch lift

http://www.truckmodcentral.com/forum...ead.php?t=4162

Last edited by mhockey9090; 02-18-2010 at 01:11 AM.
Old 02-18-2010, 01:35 AM
I've been running a Rize lift on my 2005 for about two years and haven't ran into a single problem.

Quick Reply: 8" Rize owners speak up please!