South AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX

Dallas Area

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 05:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dallas Area

What's the best area to live in around the Dallas area? Neighborhood, cost, schooling, etc..

Old 03-05-2009, 05:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Probably the Northwest Dallas suburbs. There are many nice suburbs around Dallas. Mainly to the north. Southlake, Colleyville, Flower Mound, Plano, Frisco, Coppell, Keller, Highland Village, Grapevine, and Westlake are all pretty nice. I'm not sure about costs. Some have a much higher cost of living than others. I would just google some of those places.

Hopefully we are taking about the same Dallas. I'm only familiar with one!

Old 03-05-2009, 05:55 PM
Originally Posted by rednoved
Probably the Northwest Dallas suburbs. There are many nice suburbs around Dallas. Mainly to the north. Southlake, Colleyville, Flower Mound, Plano, Frisco, Coppell, Keller, Highland Village, Grapevine, and Westlake are all pretty nice. I'm not sure about costs. Some have a much higher cost of living than others. I would just google some of those places.

Hopefully we are taking about the same Dallas. I'm only familiar with one!
Yup, that Dallas! I only know of one also.

Thanks so much! That's exactly what I was looking for.

Old 03-05-2009, 06:12 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
There is also a Dallas Orgeon

Im partial to Rowlett and Rockwall

Old 03-05-2009, 06:16 PM
Suspended
i have friends in flowermound, its really nice compared to some parts. everywhere i have been in the northwest side has been nice like rednoved said.

where are you wanting to go to school? or is it for children? i know the school my friend goes to, she loves it, but from what i can tell its all really rich spoiled kids. but obviously your always gonna have a school district like that near a city.

Last edited by 06yz250f; 03-05-2009 at 06:18 PM.
Old 03-05-2009, 07:14 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Don't live in Arlington. It's a nice town be all, by the crime is fairly bad. At least last I heard it was.

I agree with all of Rednoved's picks. I have been to a couple of them, and they are very nice.

Old 03-05-2009, 07:20 PM
plano, grapevine, richardson, those are the areas my family is looking at right now b/c we are moving there in june

Old 03-05-2009, 08:08 PM
Suspended
grapevine i think is right next to flowermound. its really nice. alot of really nice apartments from what i could tell. the mall is huge. definitely a big + for a girl.

Old 03-05-2009, 08:13 PM
Originally Posted by 06yz250f
grapevine i think is right next to flowermound. its really nice. alot of really nice apartments from what i could tell. the mall is huge. definitely a big + for a girl.
yup, the same people own katy mills mall

Old 03-06-2009, 10:40 AM
Thanks guys! I really appreciate your input. So far I've looked at Plano and Frisco. Both seem like nice areas. I can't believe what you can get for your money as compared to Jersey home prices. Unbelievable! Thanks again.

Old 03-12-2009, 06:31 PM
Technical Article Contributor

I have family in Mesquite/Forney and its a nice area kinda out in the country, Mesquite/forney is growing quick though. I have a cousin who just moved to frisco and loves it, he does have to commute daily to Dallas though working as a construction manager. I have family in Arlington as well, I hear its bad but have never seen it while i have been there. I also have family in Ft. Worth near Haltom City, It looks bad and probably is but they have never had any problems. Arlington and ft. worth dont have much in the way of "new" houses to offer where my family lives. I have a cousin who lives in Pantego, but he is in a gated community. My other cousin and her husband just moved to the outskirts of weatherford and built a ranch, so far they like it but they have no neighbors for miles.. I visit alot and like it, but im sure these guys can tell you much better than i can where to look and go. Id like to be a firefighter in the DFW or Austin area in the next couple of years so ill have to keep an eye on this

Old 03-12-2009, 09:02 PM
i live just a little north of downtown dallas in the Preston Hollow area. My dad builds houses around here, so i hear alot about the pricing. HP is really nice but very very expensive. The schools are great. Kids are spoiled alot and they all just walk around untill they can drive. Its really nice but pretty expensive. Frisco and flowermound and southlake is nice as well but it just seems like to much land for me. but they are developing. Plano is really nice because its in the middle of almost everything. The housing there isnt expensive but very nice houses. Crime there isnt bad at all and the schools are terrific. Plano west, plano east, plano senior high....alot of diff high schools. im not too sure about the middle schools though but i hear there really good. I would def. go with plano if your considering moving

Quick Reply: Dallas Area