E3 Spark Plugs

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 06:04 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Shanks12
Didn't you read his message...

Yes, I read the message......so.....what's the problem???? I like to up-grade from time to time, thought I would give these plugs a try. Just call me a tester for the rest of you if you want. I also have a new set of Motorcraft SP-507 on the shelf if needed.

Old 10-01-2010, 09:17 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Mr. Sam!

Many props and kudos to you sir!

I, for one, deeply appreciate you trying out something new and being an early adopter.

To complement yer testing one would need a ninth plug to sacrifice: clamp the sleeve in a vice and use a torque wrench to determine the sleeve-to-body breaking threshhold. We need that value for our database

Eagerly awaiting some longer-term usage reports.

MGD

Old 10-01-2010, 10:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
any mileage results.

Old 10-01-2010, 04:06 PM
Originally Posted by sam1947
Yes, I read the message......so.....what's the problem???? I like to up-grade from time to time, thought I would give these plugs a try. Just call me a tester for the rest of you if you want. I also have a new set of Motorcraft SP-507 on the shelf if needed.
sam the tester looking forward to the results good luck

Old 10-01-2010, 05:12 PM
Originally Posted by MGDfan
Mr. Sam!

I, for one, deeply appreciate you trying out something new and being an early adopter.

To complement yer testing one would need a ninth plug to sacrifice: clamp the sleeve in a vice and use a torque wrench to determine the sleeve-to-body breaking threshhold. We need that value for our database

MGD
To my dear Mr MGD: I will take you up on your query and order up one plug for the 'sacrifice the plug test'

Old 10-01-2010, 05:18 PM
Originally Posted by Burns331
any mileage results.
Originally Posted by jetech00001
sam the tester looking forward to the results good luck
Just a little running around today I found no adverse conditions, which is to say no real difference yet. This is a good thing as there wasn't anything acting up before the changeover..only time will actually tell. Mileage hasn't changed any as of yet..still can get 17-18, but this is just local driving and I don't drive that much..only about 10,000 per yr. Will keep everyone updated with this thread.

Old 10-03-2010, 09:16 PM
Paging JBrew !!!

I'm wondering where our resident Spark Plug Conspiracy Theorist is? He's been oddly silent on this topic as of late.

Ahhh... Perhaps I need to signal him!

MGD

Last edited by MGDfan; 10-06-2010 at 07:17 AM.
Old 10-03-2010, 09:39 PM
I'm wondering where our resident Spark Plug Conspiracy Theorist is? He's been oddly silent on this topic as of late.

Ahhh... Perhaps I need to signal him!

MGD
It seems like JBrew is always on top of threads like this.

Interested in hearing some more results Sam.

Old 10-03-2010, 10:00 PM
I LOVE the jbrew call . Only about 500 mi so far and no problems. I have noticed possibly a small MPG increase possibly. I have a single plug on the way for the 'MGDFAN' "Torture test". More to come later!

Old 10-03-2010, 11:02 PM
rjp
Originally Posted by mgdfan
i'm wondering where our resident spark plug conspiracy theorist is? He's been oddly silent on this topic as of late.

Ahhh... Perhaps i need to signal him!

Mgd
lol

Old 10-05-2010, 01:06 PM
glad to know they are working so far, im heavily considering these plugs in a few months when i do mine.... as long as they hold up that is.

Old 10-05-2010, 06:23 PM
Mr. Sam!

MGD
Mr MGDfan..we must take a moment of silence for the un-destruction of the E3 Plug design. I must apologize that I have no pictures to share as of yet. I took an E3 E3.70 plug for the 3 valve 5.4L engine and secured it into my vice at the shank. My digital 1/2" torque wrench is rated to 250lb of torque. Upon trying to twist the plug, the wrench registered just under 300lb of torque with NO plug breakage. Pretty well booger-ed up the shank with the vice teeth though . Based on this most primitive test of torture, I for one will say that these plugs are indestructible as far as breakage. The jury will be out for a while on the longevity of the quality of ignition, but, so far so good. A final thought on breakage. If one or more decide to freeze into the head you will twist the head off the block before the plug breaks. That being said, I for one an comfortable with the thought that if they only will last for 30 to 40 thousand miles (unknown at this point)(the box claims a 5 yr or 100,000mi guarantee) that I will be able to remove them without worry.

Last edited by sam1947; 10-05-2010 at 06:26 PM.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:22 PM
Originally Posted by sam1947
Mr MGDfan..we must take a moment of silence for the un-destruction of the E3 Plug design. I must apologize that I have no pictures to share as of yet. I took an E3 E3.70 plug for the 3 valve 5.4L engine and secured it into my vice at the shank. My digital 1/2" torque wrench is rated to 250lb of torque. Upon trying to twist the plug, the wrench registered just under 300lb of torque with NO plug breakage. Pretty well booger-ed up the shank with the vice teeth though . Based on this most primitive test of torture, I for one will say that these plugs are indestructible as far as breakage. The jury will be out for a while on the longevity of the quality of ignition, but, so far so good. A final thought on breakage. If one or more decide to freeze into the head you will twist the head off the block before the plug breaks. That being said, I for one an comfortable with the thought that if they only will last for 30 to 40 thousand miles (unknown at this point)(the box claims a 5 yr or 100,000mi guarantee) that I will be able to remove them without worry.
Good evening to you, Sir Sam!

That is incredibly generous of you to go through all that trouble! THANK-YOU!!!

And - it's fantastic news with respect to future extraction concerns.

We may just have a winner here that will satisfy folks who seek options. Who knows - perhaps this is the impetus that NGK or Denso needs to get off their collective butts and finally produce a competitive one-piece plug.

Sam, I am humbled

Next time I'm in Maine the are on me, sir.

MGD

PS - Jbrew.. WTF are you ??? Do you have any idea what the kilowatt-hours for that dang Searchlight is costing me???

Old 10-05-2010, 08:30 PM
Good evening to you, Sir Sam!

That is incredibly generous of you to go through all that trouble! THANK-YOU!!!

And - it's fantastic news with respect to future extraction concerns.

We may just have a winner here that will satisfy folks who seek options. Who knows - perhaps this is the impetus that NGK or Denso needs to get off their collective butts and finally produce a competitive one-piece plug.

Sam, I am humbled

Next time I'm in Maine the are on me, sir.

MGD

PS - Jbrew.. WTF are you ??? Do you have any idea what the kilowatt-hours for that dang Searchlight is costing me???
jbrew is probably waiting for a failure of some sort....Turn the searchlight off before you send me the electricity bill.....

Old 10-05-2010, 08:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E3 suggests E3.70 summit suggests E3.54, whats the right one?

Quick Reply: E3 Spark Plugs