Midwest CO, IA, IL, IN, KS, KY, MI, MN, MO, MT, ND, NE, SD, UT, WI, WY

Anyone in the Omaha Nebraska area?

Old 09-30-2008, 11:25 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Man as long as you get it to a good body shop you won't even be able to tell any work was done to it. Most shops around here at least are pretty good. They won't have to move any panels or anything so it's just a matter of fixing the dent and blending in the paint.

How did they mark your door? I would go to Lowe's and get some paint and paint over the "X" or whatever they did. Then also get a ADT sign or some other bogus security sign and stick it on your door. Or even one of those...."protected by smith and weston" signs.

Anything to make them think twice about it. Unless they are targeting your place specifically it won't take much for them to pass on yours and head to the next apartment.

Old 10-01-2008, 08:19 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by efuehrin
Man as long as you get it to a good body shop you won't even be able to tell any work was done to it. Most shops around here at least are pretty good. They won't have to move any panels or anything so it's just a matter of fixing the dent and blending in the paint.

How did they mark your door? I would go to Lowe's and get some paint and paint over the "X" or whatever they did. Then also get a ADT sign or some other bogus security sign and stick it on your door. Or even one of those...."protected by smith and weston" signs.

Anything to make them think twice about it. Unless they are targeting your place specifically it won't take much for them to pass on yours and head to the next apartment.
Ya we have a couple good body shops around here. One has done my mom's grand prix six times in the four years we have owned it (Lots of rear-end fender benders). And I did go and paint the x on the door with some touch up paint. I do like the idea of the signs, I should just write "you break in, I will shoot you".

Old 10-01-2008, 08:38 AM
Originally Posted by 05_sprcrw
I do like the idea of the signs, I should just write "you break in, I will shoot you".
If you ever want to practice shooting - let me know. I built a home-made range on my property. It's nothing fancy - but it beats going to a range and/or paying money to use it. I actually used it last night to blow a phone book to peices after a frustrating day at work! Now there is some good stress relief! lol But now I need to make another trip to walmart and get some more ammo.

Old 10-01-2008, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by JD790
If you ever want to practice shooting - let me know. I built a home-made range on my property. It's nothing fancy - but it beats going to a range and/or paying money to use it. I actually used it last night to blow a phone book to peices after a frustrating day at work! Now there is some good stress relief! lol But now I need to make another trip to walmart and get some more ammo.

I will take you up on that! What do you shoot? I have an AR15, a 9mm, a 300wsm and a few others but the three I listed are my favorite to shoot.

Old 10-01-2008, 09:49 AM
I only have 3 guns. First was a Beretta U22 Neos (.22 caliber) with a 6 inch barrel and a scope on it.

Then I got a Beretta PX-4 Storm .40 s&w which is probably my favorite one. Still waiting to get a combo flashlight/laser sight for the lower rail.

Most recent purchase was my Glock 27 which is also a .40 s&w so that my ammo will work for either gun. I use the Glock for concealed carry since it's pretty small. Got my concealed carry permit right after nebraska law started allowing it.

If you are into concealed carry at all - check this website out. There is so much good info on this site, just like this one for our trucks. The guy who operates it is Nathan out of Montana. Very knowledgeable guy. http://concealedcarryforum.com/forum/

Just let me know when you would like to come out. I'll see what I'm doing. Weekends are probably best since the sun is going down earlier and earlier now. Like I said, I need to restock on my ammo supply. Blew it all up last night. Know of any good places to get cheap ammo in town besides walmart?

Last edited by JD790; 10-01-2008 at 09:52 AM.
Old 10-01-2008, 10:00 AM

I only have 3 guns. First was a Beretta U22 Neos (.22 caliber) with a 6 inch barrel and a scope on it.

Then I got a Beretta PX-4 Storm .40 s&w which is probably my favorite one. Still waiting to get a combo flashlight/laser sight for the lower rail.

Most recent purchase was my Glock 27 which is also a .40 s&w so that my ammo will work for either gun. I use the Glock for concealed carry since it's pretty small. Got my concealed carry permit right after nebraska law started allowing it.

If you are into concealed carry at all - check this website out. There is so much good info on this site, just like this one for our trucks. The guy who operates it is Nathan out of Montana. Very knowledgeable guy. http://concealedcarryforum.com/forum/

Just let me know when you would like to come out. I'll see what I'm doing. Weekends are probably best since the sun is going down earlier and earlier now. Like I said, I need to restock on my ammo supply. Blew it all up last night. Know of any good places to get cheap ammo in town besides walmart?

I do a lot of shooting so I know where your coming from on the ammo. I a guy I know has a pretty good deal on bulk ammo. I am getting ready to order through him and the more we order the cheaper everything gets. I will give him a call and have him check on a price for it. The other question is when I come out shooting would you mind if I brought the rifles as well? You of coarse would be welcome to shoot them if you would like. The AR15 is a fun rifle. Oh and I just herd from the claims adjuster he is sending the check without even checking the damages. He also tacked on additional for a rental car.. . I have been trying to convince myself to get the concealed carry permit. How much did it cost you? I have my handgun permit but I have never gone far enough to get the concealed carry. Do you have to renew yearly?

Old 10-01-2008, 10:34 AM
Originally Posted by 05_sprcrw
I do a lot of shooting so I know where your coming from on the ammo. I a guy I know has a pretty good deal on bulk ammo. I am getting ready to order through him and the more we order the cheaper everything gets. I will give him a call and have him check on a price for it. The other question is when I come out shooting would you mind if I brought the rifles as well? You of coarse would be welcome to shoot them if you would like. The AR15 is a fun rifle. Oh and I just herd from the claims adjuster he is sending the check without even checking the damages. He also tacked on additional for a rental car.. . I have been trying to convince myself to get the concealed carry permit. How much did it cost you? I have my handgun permit but I have never gone far enough to get the concealed carry. Do you have to renew yearly?

Yea let me know on the price of .40 s&w. Just practice stuff, nothing fancy like hollow points or anything. Rifles should be fine - shooting into hay bales as can be seen in the pictures - I wouldn't think they would penetrate through them would they??? Guess there is only one way to find out! I would like to find some railroad ties to build a backstop with someday, for added insurance.

Congratulations on the insurance working with you. That's awesome!

If I remember correctly, the CC course was like $80. It's an 8 hour day but that includes a little range time which is fun. I took my class in David City by a retired NE state patrol officer. He was really cool and VERY informative and educational. Here is his website = GREAT PLAINS RIFLE LLC. I highly recommend him but I'm sure there are others that are local here in Lincoln now. Me and a guy from work both went through his class. But that was when the classes were just starting after the law was passed so back then there wasn't very many options. Check the NSP website http://www.nsp.state.ne.us/ for more details under Programs/Services->Conceal Carry.

Once you get done paying the $80 for the class, then it's an additional amount to get the permit through the nebraska state patrol office, but I can't remember how much exactly that was. I want to say it was like $50, but don't quote me on that. The permit is good for 5 years.

Old 10-01-2008, 12:21 PM
If you're looking for railroad ties you should look at craigslist there are always some on there for free! I'm pretty sure his 300 WSM would go through the hay depending on how deep it is which looks like its only 2 deep. Last season he blew through 2 shoulder bones on his deer!!

Old 10-01-2008, 11:56 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
That was wierd as heck when I saw targets tacked to bale coming on here.

I was just doing the exact same thing today.

Shooting the .243 a few times before deer season and playing with the .223, that thing was WAAAY off. I need to trade that sumbish off anyway.

Old 10-02-2008, 12:07 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
By the way JD, I have a couple questions about my truck if I would bring it in to you guys.

Is it ok if I ask here, or should I call to discuss that?

Old 10-02-2008, 08:01 AM
Originally Posted by Bartak1
By the way JD, I have a couple questions about my truck if I would bring it in to you guys.

Is it ok if I ask here, or should I call to discuss that?
Either way I guess - you can post up here or PM me too if you'd like. I usually get on this website several times throughout the day. So what's up??

Old 10-02-2008, 08:44 AM

Yea let me know on the price of .40 s&w. Just practice stuff, nothing fancy like hollow points or anything. Rifles should be fine - shooting into hay bales as can be seen in the pictures - I wouldn't think they would penetrate through them would they??? Guess there is only one way to find out! I would like to find some railroad ties to build a backstop with someday, for added insurance.

Congratulations on the insurance working with you. That's awesome!

If I remember correctly, the CC course was like $80. It's an 8 hour day but that includes a little range time which is fun. I took my class in David City by a retired NE state patrol officer. He was really cool and VERY informative and educational. Here is his website = GREAT PLAINS RIFLE LLC. I highly recommend him but I'm sure there are others that are local here in Lincoln now. Me and a guy from work both went through his class. But that was when the classes were just starting after the law was passed so back then there wasn't very many options. Check the NSP website http://www.nsp.state.ne.us/ for more details under Programs/Services->Conceal Carry.

Once you get done paying the $80 for the class, then it's an additional amount to get the permit through the nebraska state patrol office, but I can't remember how much exactly that was. I want to say it was like $50, but don't quote me on that. The permit is good for 5 years.
Depending on how many hay bales there are but I would think 2 should be sufficient. The bullets have so much speed that they just disintegrate when they hit things like bales. I have used 3 phone books to stop just my practice ammo out of the 300wsm. If it were my hunting loads that would be a whole different story.

Originally Posted by ponycar10
If you're looking for railroad ties you should look at craigslist there are always some on there for free! I'm pretty sure his 300 WSM would go through the hay depending on how deep it is which looks like its only 2 deep. Last season he blew through 2 shoulder bones on his deer!!
Ya craigslist is a good spot for railroad ties, also there are alot of small towns tearing out old rail roads. They sell them dirt cheap I know my uncle has picked them up for a very reasonable price.

Originally Posted by Bartak1
That was wierd as heck when I saw targets tacked to bale coming on here.

I was just doing the exact same thing today.

Shooting the .243 a few times before deer season and playing with the .223, that thing was WAAAY off. I need to trade that sumbish off anyway.

Which one are you talking about trading? I do alot of Ar15 gunsmithing if that is what your .223 is I would be willing to take a look at it. If not I would still be willing to take a look at it.

I will hopefully in a couple weeks have my long range ar15 complete. I am planning on shooting 600 yrds regularly with it. It will be one hell of a coyote gun. I had custom balaistics tables with proper elevation and windage adjustments on it from 50 yrds out to 800 yrds for this specific gun. It will be a very fun shooter once I complete it.

Old 10-02-2008, 08:53 AM
Hey 05_sprcrw - Your apartment didn't get messed with did it?? I was just flippin the channels last night at 10:00 and saw that there were some apartments that were robbed somewhere on N 44th street I believe?? Can't remember for sure where.... Hope it wasn't yours!

Old 10-02-2008, 09:15 AM

Hey 05_sprcrw - Your apartment didn't get messed with did it?? I was just flippin the channels last night at 10:00 and saw that there were some apartments that were robbed somewhere on N 44th street I believe?? Can't remember for sure where.... Hope it wasn't yours!
Nope sure didn't, if I did you would have herd about a shooting as well. Thanks though.

Side note did you or anyone else here about the 62 year man you got killed when he broke into this guys house planing on raping the guys 17 year old daughter? I caught just a little bit of it on the radio. But from what I herd the man broke the intruders neck and that was all she wrote... Its about time that a dad gets a hold of someone trying to hurt his daughter

Old 10-02-2008, 10:38 AM

Just wondering JD790.....our not planning on feeding that hay eventually are ya?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone in the Omaha Nebraska area?