Lightning

Another intercooler sign in...(Everyone please)

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2001, 05:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Had mine changed last week. Started leaking in July. Immediately drain and flushed and replaced with distilled water and waited for the fix, then waited for the parts. Air flows better through this one, making about 1 lb less boost now.

Old 09-08-2001, 11:30 PM
Lemmie tell you guys bout my experience!!..mine started leaking so i took all my mods off and took it in for its examination......they ordered a i/c , seat cushion, and the wiper motor recall parts......Took them over a week to get the parts........they called after the wait and told me to bring it on in......took it in on a Tuesday..........they said "oh sir it shoulnt take no more than 7 hrs to complete all the work" i called bout 4pm and they said.....2/3 done.........cool i said.....so i called back at 6........"well sir.....gotta keep it untill tomorrow after lunch............"sooooooooo i called on Thursday........well sir its ready now..............okay........boss dropped me off..........i checked it out for scratches and sure enough..........gomer or goober left a million belt buckle scratches on my grill......not to mention hand prints all over...........i then reinstalled all my mods again.they buffed the grille.....I took off outta town for the weekend........got off at an exit..........truck stalled and died........got it started and went to my shop.......removed all the mods again.......they roll backed it back to the dealer.....called 45 min later and said it was done..........i asked if they could come and get me at home.......sure they said.........so i looked for the courtsey van.....and seen my truck coming up the street.......then a kid gets outta the truck and says.......howdy sir........i took him back and cussed the hell outta the serv manager...........Replaced at 26000miles..........was the updated ic.............sorry so long Tundra.......just had to vent............................

Old 09-09-2001, 12:43 AM
Keith, you didn't take that to Crown did you?

Old 09-09-2001, 05:41 AM
taking mine in monday afternoon.. :fingers crossed:

brooks

Old 09-09-2001, 06:46 PM
Mine fixed Saturday September 8th. Been leaking since May. Promised in two days got it back in five. Experience was typical Ford. Over promised under delivered. Didnt bother to call when late. Spent inordinate amount of time on hold. They didnt have any answers. Truck returned dirty.

Old 09-09-2001, 07:54 PM
01B81 - IC campaign

Tundra... and everyone else

Call your dealer and tell tehm to look up campaign #01B81. This should cover the IC issue. If they can't find it, wait a week or so... it's new. Good luck.

Old 09-10-2001, 12:34 AM
another one...

Chalk up another one to the leaky intercooler column... I'll be calling the dealer tomorrow. BlotLightning I'll let you know what my results are with "campaign #01B81".

'00WhiteLightneeen

Old 09-10-2001, 07:21 AM
Mine goes in on Tuesday...not leaking, but I figured I'd take it in for all of the recalls, TSB's, and other issues that seem to be common in other trucks...... Fun.

Quick Reply: Another intercooler sign in...(Everyone please)