Lightning

Whats your favorite Lightning on the registry?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2005, 04:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Whats your favorite Lightning on the registry?

I tend to do this when I'm bored... go on the registry and pick out the best looking Lightning.

Which one you like best?

http://lightning.svtregistry.com

--Russ

Old 12-15-2005, 09:40 AM
Shameless self promotion....

Its not even a fair question since this is version 2 of "the registry" everyone who added thier truck to the previous version was lost when Russ got bored and let the registry die.

Old 12-15-2005, 10:04 AM
Mine of course!

Old 12-15-2005, 10:26 AM
Talking

00 #2238 :santa:

Old 12-15-2005, 12:34 PM
obviuosly its the Hostile one... MINe
i like them all..

Old 12-15-2005, 06:18 PM
Talking I Happen To Like Vinnie's The Best

:santa: I like vinnie's

Old 12-15-2005, 06:31 PM
how do you add more pics to it?

Old 12-15-2005, 07:03 PM
Smile wow

Originally Posted by Silver_2000_;)!
Shameless self promotion....

Its not even a fair question since this is version 2 of "the registry" everyone who added thier truck to the previous version was lost when Russ got bored and let the registry die.
Do you honestly think I wanted it to "die"?

Doug I started the original site because I liked the trucks, I build on the idea as much as I could and yes part of the reason I gave it to SVTperformance when I did was because I was bored of waiting for people join. But he bigger part was to let the site grow bigger and better, I thought that when a new webmaster takes over they might introduce things that I wasn't capable of doing. I lost my hard drive with the full version of the site to that Blackout we had a few years back that affected the whole North East and Steve sold SVTperformance so "the registry" was deleted. Had I known, I would have paid the $30/year registration to keep it alive on my own. Why do you think I brought it back? ...and yes, part of the answer to that is I'm bored and want to keep busy but thats not what its all about.

You're also making it sound like I did a huge diservice to the Lightning community by taking a break from the site. Dude, I'm not living off the site, so when things got tough I had to concentrate on other things. For a Lightning enthusiast that doesn't actually own one, and only really driven one only ONCE in my life, I think I'm doing pretty good. The question is though, would you mind if I added your truck to the "new site"?

Originally Posted by 20"svt
how do you add more pics to it?
The site is completely manual, any changes you should e-mail me svtregistry@gmail.com and I'll make them for you. I'm working on creating a database but I really don't like the current software out there and I don't have the time to put something together myself, grad school's a bitch.

Originally Posted by tlfwatch
:santa: I like vinnie's
I don't have VINNIE'S truck yet....

--Russ

PS. Yes all trucks are cool... but some trucks are cooler than others. Do you have a cool truck? Register it!

Old 12-15-2005, 11:10 PM
Originally Posted by Jerzey
Had I known, I would have paid the $30/year registration to keep it alive on my own.
FYI - You can lease domain names for under $8 a year

The challenge with these posts is that you seem to only post here to promote the site - which makes a few bucks from Google ads.

You should hook up with someone in NJ to get a ride or drive a lightning, and you should practice safe computing by BACKING UP.

Last edited by Silver_2000; 12-15-2005 at 11:14 PM.
Old 12-16-2005, 12:07 AM
Originally Posted by Silver_2000_;)!
FYI - You can lease domain names for under $8 a year

The challenge with these posts is that you seem to only post here to promote the site - which makes a few bucks from Google ads.

You should hook up with someone in NJ to get a ride or drive a lightning, and you should practice safe computing by BACKING UP.
yup, the domain transfer cost me $7 bux, and each time I renew it now it will be around $8.

the google ads are earning about 20 cents a day so I should break even for registra and hosting/bandwith charges sometime in the next three years.

I'd love to get some JLO guys to drive me around in the Lightning, anyone?

baking up is a good idea, I started burning disks now every few months, I already have three versions of the current site saved. Live and learn.

thanks for the wonderful advise Doug, and I was thinking you were just taking stabs at me... who would of thought you'd ever get criticized for showing enthusiasm on a Lightning site!

--Russ

Old 12-16-2005, 05:13 AM
TRUCK OF THE YEAR - 2010

I´ll like most of them !

Old 12-16-2005, 11:05 AM
Originally Posted by Jerzey
thanks for the wonderful advise Doug, and I was thinking you were just taking stabs at me... who would of thought you'd ever get criticized for showing enthusiasm on a Lightning site!
--Russ
Russ,

The enthusiasm is great - no problem

if you want i can dig up the emails we exchanged back a few years ago when the last version was up asking you to NOT use F!50 bandwidth to promote your site.

If I wanted to be a pain I could have deleted the threads and suspended your account for violating the terms of service. Over and over I have made exceptions for you and the site ... So ease up on the poor poor pitiful me ....

Please note that advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, multi-level marketing, blatant cross-posting, promotion of competitive commercial or non-commercial sites and/or their affiliates & organizations in messages or signatures, falsifying identity to promote a site or businesses in which you are involved, solicitations of any manner and registering multiple screennames for any purpose that is against our rules are considered inappropriate on these forums and may result in account suspension or immediate and permanent revokation of your posting rights.
Just a gentle reminder to keep the promotion of your site to a minimum
Doug

Old 12-16-2005, 11:24 AM
i like this one best

Old 12-16-2005, 01:26 PM
Originally Posted by lightninquick
i like this one best

Gee i wonder who owns that one LOL the skull is kinda fruity lol... just kiddin Rick i like the graphics on your truck it different and one of a kind i still like mine more

Old 12-17-2005, 03:46 PM
Question

What happened to my truck???

I was one of the first people to register my truck, but for some reason it is not there.

So Russ what gives???

Quick Reply: Whats your favorite Lightning on the registry?