Lightning

Whats your favorite Lightning on the registry?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2005, 09:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Don's Bolt
What happened to my truck???

I was one of the first people to register my truck, but for some reason it is not there.

So Russ what gives???

out with the old

Old 12-17-2005, 10:17 PM
I have to agree with the shameless promotion thing.

Old 12-17-2005, 10:25 PM
I have to go with one of these:

didn't say it had to be real

or

or (see next post)

Old 12-17-2005, 10:27 PM

same truck

and

Ironically, none of these are on that registry...

Old 12-17-2005, 10:43 PM
you know if it annoys you guys that much I will stop posting altogether about the site.

I thought it was a cool idea and I actually went ahead and did something about it... not once but twice. launched the site on money out of my own pocket, didn't ask any one of you for help. spend many nights putting all that code together, and continue adding people as soon as they e-mail me. What exactly should I be ashamed of again?

I think its a shame that people would denounce it so much. I can understand Doug's complains about promoting the site a few years back, it was hosted on SVTp and that was a competing site, but what's the problem now?

Is it not a legitimate reason to have a collection of cars and ask people to pick out the best one?

The hell with you people! Don't wanna rate the cars on the site, nobody's going to force you. Don't want to join the site... no one will force you either.
Who am I inconveniencing so much? To me the idea is like a giant virtual car show, if people can't wrap their brains around that then don't click open the thread, nevermind respond with your 2 cents.

--Russ

Old 12-17-2005, 11:34 PM
Originally Posted by Jerzey
you know if it annoys you guys that much I will stop posting altogether about the site.

I thought it was a cool idea and I actually went ahead and did something about it... not once but twice. launched the site on money out of my own pocket, didn't ask any one of you for help. spend many nights putting all that code together, and continue adding people as soon as they e-mail me. What exactly should I be ashamed of again?

I think its a shame that people would denounce it so much. I can understand Doug's complains about promoting the site a few years back, it was hosted on SVTp and that was a competing site, but what's the problem now?

Is it not a legitimate reason to have a collection of cars and ask people to pick out the best one?

The hell with you people! Don't wanna rate the cars on the site, nobody's going to force you. Don't want to join the site... no one will force you either.
Who am I inconveniencing so much? To me the idea is like a giant virtual car show, if people can't wrap their brains around that then don't click open the thread, nevermind respond with your 2 cents.

--Russ

Have you been watching too much Opera and Dr. Phil?
You sound like a woman.

For the record I never said it was a bad idea, just the way you are trying to promote it.

Old 12-18-2005, 12:51 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
. . . .The hell with you people! Don't wanna rate the cars on the site, nobody's going to force you. Don't want to join the site... no one will force you either.

Old 12-18-2005, 04:15 AM

--Russ
Russ i appreciate your Site!!! i think its a great idea that someone does a site and puts in order the build number and pics of our trucks.. there should be a sticky to your site.. i cant for the life of me still figure out how to post a pic on this site..

Old 12-18-2005, 09:39 AM

--Russ
Russ
I posted the Rules above - The issue is that your contributions here focus pretty much soley around promoting the site - thats the issue. You are stealing Steves bandwidth to promote your site.
Doug

Old 01-09-2006, 11:21 PM
Originally Posted by Silver_2000_;)!
Russ
I posted the Rules above - The issue is that your contributions here focus pretty much soley around promoting the site - thats the issue. You are stealing Steves bandwidth to promote your site.
Doug
Doug,

Don't make me out to be a thief, I am not.

I am not stealing Steve's bandwith. People using Steve's photo albums to link to their pictures from ebay auctions or other sites waste a lot more bandwith in one day than any one of my "self-promoting" posts do in a couple of years so please don't insult me.

To others, the only drama being caused here is someone people's interpretation of rules and the notion of shame. I'm sticking to my belief from the first post I made to defend myself. So go ahead prove me wrong.

Menace, how do you suppose I should promote it in a better way? You know something I dont? Please share, I'm all ears! I always take people's suggestions into consideration...

Old 01-09-2006, 11:34 PM
Menace, how do you suppose I should promote it in a better way? You know something I dont? Please share, I'm all ears! I always take people's suggestions into consideration...
actually, it's L-Menace:
L is for Lightning of course.
Menace is the name of my dog.

Therefore: L-Menace
I thought about my other dog Madison, but that didn't sound right
L-Madison?

Now, my license plate is WIKDSVT, but unfortunately you cannot change your name once you pick one. So if you go to other sites, I am probably listed on there as WIKDSVT

However, Before I owned the Lightning, I owned a Dodge Avenger, During that time I went by TRICKVENGER, as it had a paint job that cost over $10,000, painted by Dupont in Canada, in fact it was their show car for 2 years throughout the USA and Canada before I bought it.
https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=180082

Previous to that I never really posted on boards, but I've always had a '69 Mustang, since 1991, that has a unique license plate also. NE14A69
But I think that name would only cause trouble and invite harassment.

Before the Mustang I had a few 5.0 mustangs and the plates were always 14U2NV, but to use that as a name would be a bold and illuminating...

Therefore I choose L-Menace.

How to promote it? Just start threads, HEY GUYS CHECK OUT MY REGISTERY. Be direct and don't try to disguise your intent. If they get deleted so be it, start another.

One reason I never registered is I don't like my information out there.
I don't want Ford to know I modified the truck and therefore void my warranty... oh wait never mind.

Old 01-10-2006, 12:19 AM
I do agree to some extent that Russ does seem to go a little overboard with promoting the registry, but I'll bet I can find more worthless posts on the first page alone in this forum that are using more bandwidth than Russ 'promoting' his site.

Old 01-10-2006, 12:23 AM
so what if Russ promotes his site?!?!?! everyone promotes something on here.. and i honestly think its crazy to single out one guy who is a member here and is always at events taking snap shots and supporting the community.. for someone to go out of there way to create a page like his Registry, i commend you Russ for a job well done!!!

Old 01-10-2006, 01:25 AM
Originally Posted by SlowSVT95
I do agree to some extent that Russ does seem to go a little overboard with promoting the registry.
Ohhh, that hurts Leeann!

If I knew you felt that way about my posting habits I would have never re-launched it. Weren't you the one, one of many I should say, that wanted the site relaunched? If I remember correctly you even said you'd help promoting the idea and I haven't seen you make a single post so I don't look like a jackass always bringing attention to myself by "promoting" the site...

Hostile, thanks man. I appreciate it that you appreciate that the site exists and available for people who don't mind to show off their vehicle to show off their vehicle.

L-menace, thanks for sharing their memories but I still don't understand why you think my true intentions were different than what I posted. Am I really that deceitful and un-trustworthy? I really wanted to know the favorite vehicles and I'll tell you why: I will be picking the best looking pictures to structure the web site better, and therefore by agreeing with the majority on the best looking pictures would take the edge off picking my "personal favorites" that some people would have a problem with and bitch about on the forums. I mean seriously, I do like the pix of all the cars and trucks on the site, I do have my favorites and I wanted other's opinions so that if anyone questions my taste I can point them to the forum and show that others agree with it.

Now to give you a preview of the restructuring... I know my limits as a web designer, I never went to school to learn how to do it and just sort of picked up on some techniques and build them using more common sense than anything else and thats why I think they look good. Well based on my past experiences and specifically with my JerseyVics.com site about my personal vehicles, the Ford Panther Platform cars, the reason why people liked it was because of the content. When I look on the second version of the registry now its very much plain vanilla so a few simple tweaks should make it better. Before I gave the first version to SVTp I tried to improve the structure using similar tactics but I didn't do my homework well and didn't want to spend the time doing the research necessary to make it happen, this time around I will take the time to do it right. Basically the content I would like to add to the site is all the pertinent information about each SVT vehicle from engine specs to msrp for the date it went on sale... a lot of useless information that someone might find interesting one day and come back to the site often to check out the updates, or something along those lines. Therefore when I add more "text" to the site I would like to support it with pictures and one thing I will do differently than most anybody else is use thumbs from existing registered owners that when you click on to enlarge you'll be actually checking out that owner's page... (a feature itself that was not present in the first version of the registry, so in a way I'm happy I got to start over from scratch the second time around, perhaps another issue in itself will be handling updates over the years that I haven't decided how to do yet - people don't always notify you when they have sold their car or if they shut down their own web site, so there will always be inaccurate information and dead links) So anyway... stop acting so suspicious, and remember if you can't trust someone on the internet... who can you possibly trust at all?

--Russ

Old 01-10-2006, 01:49 AM
If Russ was untrustworthy my truck would have been gone along time ago.. hell Russ lives in the next town from me .. its all good i have 24hr survalance with night vision and sound on my property at all times i like the fact that the site is in numerical order with year and build number.. can see that building that site up takes alot of time.. Russ i have a new pic for you if you can email me at Evil03SVT@aol.com ill send you the new pic id like for you to change for me if you can..

Quick Reply: Whats your favorite Lightning on the registry?