$20K truck and a .10 cent Lock

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 11:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry $20K truck and a .10 cent Lock

You know I just had my truck broken into last night and this was the 6th time, 5 for my 250 which I dumped and once for my 150. I read here about plugs flying out brakes locking up Trans going to he** and I makes wonder why I ever by ford products. Now don't get me wrong I’ve owned 8 ford vehicles and sold plenty.. But FORD come on, do you take ownership of anything you sell other than the money we pay for these vehicles. When I talked with the fuzz on this they told me in my town the 150 and 250 are the tops on the list for brake in list. I wont mention the tool used or how but you all know the common one. But what I'm doing is welding the hole shut on the back and fiber glassing the hole on the cylinder. Also I already have a car alarm installed for activation of any small vibration. I got one of those snot slinging mind bending loud alarms to go off. But I just wonder some times what the heck these ford design people are thinking when they build some of these flaws into a truck. Oh I forgot the one where the cruise control switch just catches fire. Now don’t get me wrong lets all join in a and sing the "Ford" song, I still semi-like ford but it just irks the snot out of me when I see a big company take no responsibility for major design flaws like these. Ok that's enough, thank you very much...

Old 03-09-2008, 01:14 PM
Its not Fords fault?

Maybe you should try moving out of the Texas ghetto.

Old 03-09-2008, 01:40 PM
I've only been broken into once and that was 18 years ago. I left a case of CD's in the front seat and they broke out the window and took the case. I never leave anything of value in plain sight and I park in the garage every night. I live in a major metropolitan area (Dallas/Ft Worth) and cars get stolen/broken into all the time here. I guess I've been lucky. What did they take out of your truck? If you have a loud stereo and you drive around with the windows down drawing attention to yourself and then you leave your truck out overnight, you are just asking for it.

Last edited by Sleestak; 03-09-2008 at 01:43 PM.
Old 03-09-2008, 02:11 PM
Suspended
You think that Ford cars are bad? Go buy a Honda...

I understand the reason behind your rant, but it is misdirected anger. It truly doesn't matter how easy (or hard) it is to get in, they're going to do it either way. At least the damage to your truck is minimal this way

Some cars get ruined in the process...and it still happens.

Wonder why the F series trucks are tops on the list? Sales...duh.

Old 03-09-2008, 02:27 PM
I'm so lost, how do they get in without damaging anything? I have an alarm on my car, will it not go off or something the way they do it?

Old 03-09-2008, 04:27 PM
The thing that gets me is people who leave the cell phone, the iPod, the cd's, wallet, keys, cash, whatever, right in plain view in their vehicle, and get broken into and then complain about it. The giant JL audio lettering on the rear window basically advertising what they have doesn't help either. I never leave anything in plain sight, and very rarely leave anything of great value in there. If a thief doesn't see anything they want, they usually won't bite for risk of being caught. And if they are a good thief, they would know the truck can't be started easily without the chipped key.

Old 03-09-2008, 04:46 PM
Mostlikely teenage punks, no matter where you are or what you do to the truck if they want it their going to get it. park in the garage and dont let people know what you got(crankin the tunes a block from home)

Old 03-09-2008, 08:06 PM
Originally Posted by Lumadar
You think that Ford cars are bad? Go buy a Honda...

I understand the reason behind your rant, but it is misdirected anger. It truly doesn't matter how easy (or hard) it is to get in, they're going to do it either way. At least the damage to your truck is minimal this way

Some cars get ruined in the process...and it still happens.

Wonder why the F series trucks are tops on the list? Sales...duh.
nope, not sales ... Duh... crapy lock design.... The quote is a national quote.. Nic try though..

Old 03-09-2008, 08:13 PM
Originally Posted by ryan42680
The thing that gets me is people who leave the cell phone, the iPod, the cd's, wallet, keys, cash, whatever, right in plain view in their vehicle, and get broken into and then complain about it. The giant JL audio lettering on the rear window basically advertising what they have doesn't help either. I never leave anything in plain sight, and very rarely leave anything of great value in there. If a thief doesn't see anything they want, they usually won't bite for risk of being caught. And if they are a good thief, they would know the truck can't be started easily without the chipped key.
The truck had nothing in it and I mean nothing which is what they got. But because all it takes is a comon tool to to break in they do it. What was funny was my neighbor had the same thing attmepted to his lock, which is a chevy truck and all they could do was bend the plate out, but had no access.

Old 03-09-2008, 08:14 PM
Originally Posted by ryan42680
Nothing and I mean nothing was in the truck. That's what they got nothing but because there so easy to break into its worth the risk. Might be time to try a new make.

Old 03-09-2008, 08:20 PM
Originally Posted by satexasf150
The truck had nothing in it and I mean nothing which is what they got. But because all it takes is a comon tool to to break in they do it. What was funny was my neighbor had the same thing attmepted to his lock, which is a chevy truck and all they could do was bend the plate out, but had no access.
Well then looks to me like you answered your own question. Go buy a chevy, I am sure they have a forum with a post just like this and someone can say "well my neigbor has a dodge" and you can go buy a dodge, then the same thing will happen and say go to a ford and the circle is complete.

Last edited by heretical99; 03-09-2008 at 08:43 PM.
Old 03-09-2008, 08:34 PM
even if you were to mess up the keyhole, or even if you delete the keyhole or replace them with the rear door handles from an expedition.

do you know how easy it is to get in with something like a slimjim?

ive seen it done in less than 10 seconds and that was not even buy someone good at it.

i mean its stick the thing in and pull it back. some folks can do it faster than you can use ur key.

some use screwdriver and **** to pop a lock others a slimjim and stuff like that but if they reallly want in there they'll get in.

your neighbor must have been lucky enough that they were not smart enough to get it open and didnt have enough time to mess with it.

Old 03-11-2008, 05:08 AM
A rock is still the quickest way in. If you look at it from a thiefs POV, its not their vehicle & they see something they want it only takes 5-10 seconds to break a window and grab something, even with an alarm by the time someone comes to investigate the thief is gone, and if the thief wraps the rock in a towel there is almost no noise when the window breaks.
The bottom line is if they want in your truck they will find a way. The only purpose a lock serves is to keep the honest people out. Personally I keep everything "out of sight out of mind".

Old 03-11-2008, 06:54 AM
X's 2 on the rock. Don't matter Ford or Chevy it's going to break.
This is the latest facts I could find but the Chevy is taken more than the Ford, Unless someone can find more recent info....
TOP TEN MOST FREQUENTLY STOLEN PASSENGER VEHICLES, 2004

Rank ...Year, ...Make, .Model
.1 ........1995 ......Honda Civic
.2........ 1989 ......Toyota Camry
.3 .........1991 ......Honda Accord
.4 .........1994 ......Dodge Caravan
.5 .........1994 ......Chevrolet Full Size C/K 1500 Pickup
.6 ..........1997 .....Ford F150 Series
.7 ..........2003 .....Dodge Ram Pickup
.8 ..........1990 ......Acura Integra
.9 ..........1988 .....Toyota Pickup
10 .........1991..... Nissan Sentra
Source: National Insurance Crime Bureau.

Last edited by OfnaJoe; 03-11-2008 at 07:16 AM. Reason: Info added
Old 03-11-2008, 08:50 AM
all Good stuff.

Lots of great points from everyone. I'll just have to make sure and keep it empty as normal. Thanks everyone.

Quick Reply: $20K truck and a .10 cent Lock