Funny pictures from the front

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 07:46 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Funny pictures from the front

Here are some funny pics from the front. Some are repeats from past posts, but some are new.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...frontline.html

Old 06-30-2011, 12:15 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
@ the woman hanging her purse on the fire extingusiher handles

Old 06-30-2011, 12:55 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
seen the couch one before, most of the rest of them look fake

Old 06-30-2011, 04:46 PM
glc
Received 766 Likes on 708 Posts
Alex, that's a P-3 Orion. Those are the E-handles, not the fire extinguishers. Pull the E-handle, the engine shuts down and the prop feathers. The engine fire extinguishers are activated by buttons behind the E-handles. You can clearly see the red buttons under the #3 and #4 E-handles in the pic.

How do I know? I've got 20 years and over 5000 flight hours in P-3's.

Old 06-30-2011, 05:27 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman03SprCrw
seen the couch one before, most of the rest of them look fake
The one about the "stealth" fighter, I saw before and they explained it was taken right after a light rain and they got a perfect outline of an F-22, so decided to take the pic.

Last edited by kingfish51; 06-30-2011 at 07:22 PM.
Old 06-30-2011, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by glc
Alex, that's a P-3 Orion. Those are the E-handles, not the fire extinguishers. Pull the E-handle, the engine shuts down and the prop feathers. The engine fire extinguishers are activated by buttons behind the E-handles. You can clearly see the red buttons under the #3 and #4 E-handles in the pic.

right, but it would have been really stupid to type that out, and im sure 95% of the people here have no idea what an e-handle is. much easier to say fire extinguisher handles

Old 06-30-2011, 10:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Raptor05121
right, but it would have been really stupid to type that out, and im sure 95% of the people here have no idea what an e-handle is. much easier to say fire extinguisher handles
Im in that 5%. Don't I feel special. 4 years of AFJROTC tends to stick with ya.
Hoo-ahh!!!

Old 06-30-2011, 11:42 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
There were fun things in all of these. It's the kind of thing we do when the next day may bring death to us. Our best defense is to laugh at it.

- Jack

Old 07-01-2011, 02:38 AM

Originally Posted by JackandJanet
There were fun things in all of these. It's the kind of thing we do when the next day may bring death to us. Our best defense is to laugh at it.

- Jack
Why laughter is good for your health:

Improved mood- We're thirty times more likely to laugh when we're with other people than when we're alone.

Eases anxiety and fear- Laughter brings the focus away from negative emotions in a more beneficial way than other distractions.

Prevent heart disease- One researcher claims it takes 10 minutes on a rowing machine for his heart rate to reach the level it would after just one minute of hearty laughter.

Anti-Aging- Facial muscles are tones & increase of blood supply to the face nourishes the skin, giving it a healthy glow.

Burn calories- 10 to 15 minutes of laughter burns 50 calories.

Strengthens immune system- Laughter increases immune cells & infection-fighting anti-bodies. thus improving resistance to disease.

Reduces food cravings- Laughter increases the secretion of endorphins, which can help reduce cravings for comfort foods.

Strengthens relationships- Humor triggers positive feelings and fosters an emotional connection which creates a positive bond with each other.

Provides a physical and emotional release- Shared laughter adds joy, vitality, and resilience. Humor is an effective way to heal resentments, hurt,s and disagreements.

Known to lower blood sugar levels- One study shows people with diabetes had lower blood sugar levels after eating a mean and watching a comedy compared to a tedious lecture.

Attracts others to us- Laughter connects us with other and is contagious.

Decreases pain- Laughter releases endorphins (duh), the body's "feel good" chemicals which can temporarily relieve pain.

Exercises muscles leaving them relaxed- A good, hearty laugh releaves physical tension and stress, leaving your muscles relaxed for up to 45 minutes after.

Boosts energy- Laughter increases energy, enabling you to stay focused and accomplishing more.

Old 07-02-2011, 11:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by glc

but did you ever fly with anyone as cute as she is......

Old 07-03-2011, 04:55 AM
glc
Received 766 Likes on 708 Posts
Originally Posted by kearneyquad
but did you ever fly with anyone as cute as she is......
I wish - I retired before the P-3 community got female pilots!

much easier to say fire extinguisher handles
Might be easier, but totally incorrect.

Quick Reply: Funny pictures from the front