Old 01-07-2009, 06:14 PM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MercedesTech
check out this:

http://www.salem-news.com/articles/j...t_2_1-5-09.php

- Dr. Leveque

But I am sure you know far more Shines.

I happen to have a minor in substance abuse studies...

I have been to more AA and NA meetings than I care to remember...

I ride with AA and NA members, and attend meetings with them...

You could say that I am a friend of Bill W...

You win MT... I don't know chit

Old 01-07-2009, 06:14 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
(see how long this thread lasts)

IBTL

Old 01-07-2009, 06:16 PM
Originally Posted by referee54
Take a look at it this way...let's say that I get up in themorning, and to get myself ready for the day ahaed, I take about 4-6 ozs of Jack or Jim or Seagrams VO---and, at lunch, I do the same---just to get me through the afternoon. Then, I get home, have another 4-6 ozs of liquor---and, at night, to help me relax, and go to sleep, I do the same. I can perform my job, and I do not bother others...but, am I actually living a healthy lifestyle, or am I dependent on something? Is my lifestyle actually healthy? That is my concern.

Isn't she doing the same thing?

TSC
Remove booze, and replace with water. Thats how I view it. About as harmful. Water doesn't have all the benefits of MJ, but thats ok.

So how about now ? Harful ? Drinking water ?

I also advocate responsible smoking. However much I KNOW it does not effect my driving, I will not ever advocate it. Driving stoned can get you a dui just like booze. If you kill someone, they will use MJ as the reason, and that hurts the whole cause.

Let say someone drives her. So, wake and bake. Go to work folding envelopes for a paper company. Lunch break = more smoke. After work, smoke while you wait for your ride. Gets home, gets a call from boss, congratulating her on being the most dedicated, and folding the most envelopes (cuz she is baked, makes you concintrate). To celebrate, she goes into her room, packs a fatty, smokes, then passes out. Wake a few hours later with killer munchies. raids her kitchen. More smoke, back to bed.

Who'd she hurt ?

I can come up with em too !

Now, seriously, use common sense. Unless you have smoked pot for a long period in your life, you don't know how it makes you act. Memory tests have been done on people stoned, and the same people not stoned, no difference. SAT test have been done, no significant difference. IQ tests, lung capacity tests, etc etc etc all have been performed a LOT. Lung capacity will decrease when smoking. However, MJ smoke is the only smoke shown to clear up, after quitting. Thats right, your lungs will improve after you have quit. If your that concerned about your lungs, just eat brownies, take the pills, or the topical sprays. Many other ways to ingest THC.

Old 01-07-2009, 06:17 PM
This use of grass seems to be way beyond recreational---from my point of view---she reminds me of several of my recovering friends who had stashes hid so that they could have access to them throughout the day.

Check some of the questions about addiction---one of them deals with drinking/using to deal with stress or to perform daily tasks.

If she is smoking this much, one has to admit that it is not really healthy for somebody.

TSC
Read the quote in your post again, and this time think cigarettes instead of weed. Would your response be the same?

- NCSU

Edited to add: Damn MT, GMTA!

Edited again to add: If we're talking about the smoke being unhealthy, sure, it is. So was that Krispy Kreme doughnut this morning, and that caffeine in that 64oz super slup I had for lunch.... lets not even talk about dinner!

Last edited by NCSU_05_FX4; 01-07-2009 at 06:21 PM.
Old 01-07-2009, 06:19 PM
Originally Posted by NCSU_05_FX4
Read the quote in your post again, and this time think cigarettes instead of weed. Would your response be the same?

- NCSU

Edited to add: Damn MT, GMTA!
Yep, it would, as cigs ---nicotine---is highly addictive, but, according to our hypocritical society, they are legal...all about the money.

Yep, in the end, I would agree...

Tim C.

Old 01-07-2009, 06:22 PM
Yep, it would, as cigs ---nicotine---is highly addictive, but, according to our hypocritical society, they are legal...all about the money.

Yep, in the end, I would agree...

Tim C.
So have you sat down with every adult friend you have that smokes cigs and give them the "another nail in the coffin" speech when they light up? The legality of any substance is not the topic of conversation in this thread... We've seen what happens when we talk about that

How much do you think stands to be made if weed were legalized? It's already a HUGE cash crop, just all the cash goes underground.

- NCSU

Old 01-07-2009, 06:27 PM
Originally Posted by Shinesintx
I happen to have a minor in substance abuse studies...

I have been to more AA and NA meetings than I care to remember...

I ride with AA and NA members, and attend meetings with them...

You could say that I am a friend of Bill W...

You win MT... I don't know chit
You have a minor in reefer madness theory. Congrats. Now, step into the real world.

AA = nothing to do with pot

NA = you'll get laughed out of the room if you go in for pot. You can't be addicted to pot. It destroys zero lives. Much more affordable.

"you ever suck **** for weed man ? "

Think about how quickly someone degrades when hooked on heroin for a long time. Now think about someone who has smoked for 40-50 years. You can point the heroin addict out in a crowd. Pot user shows no signs. Do the same with booze, cigs, anything. Pot doesn't hurt anyone. Never has, never will.

So, by your credentials, I would say your as qualified to discuss this, as I am to discuss Advanced Theory of Tabla. ZERO

You have zero experience, zero creds, zero street knowledge. Face it, you don't know chit about this topic. You can still have your opinions, but you have yet to offer facts.

Old 01-07-2009, 06:37 PM
Originally Posted by Arca_ex
2001 Total Deaths: 2,416,425
Cannabis Related Deaths: 138

So approximately 0.000057109% of total deaths.

They have everything broken down into different types and causes of deaths, but they leave out any categories in which there were no cannabis related fatalities.
Source: http://www.briancbennett.com/charts/...ot-related.htm

That data may be inaccurate. In most stated a driving under the influence of marijuana goes in the books as a DUI-D. A DUI-D has no record of what type of Drug was suspected or detected.

Not to mention, I imagine there are many unreported pot related deaths that are looked at as accidents. E.G. someone forgot to do something that resulted in the death of another.

Old 01-07-2009, 06:43 PM
Suspended
You have a minor in reefer madness theory. Congrats. Now, step into the real world.

AA = nothing to do with pot

NA = you'll get laughed out of the room if you go in for pot. You can't be addicted to pot. It destroys zero lives. Much more affordable.

"you ever suck **** for weed man ? "

Think about how quickly someone degrades when hooked on heroin for a long time. Now think about someone who has smoked for 40-50 years. You can point the heroin addict out in a crowd. Pot user shows no signs. Do the same with booze, cigs, anything. Pot doesn't hurt anyone. Never has, never will.

So, by your credentials, I would say your as qualified to discuss this, as I am to discuss Advanced Theory of Tabla. ZERO

You have zero experience, zero creds, zero street knowledge. Face it, you don't know chit about this topic. You can still have your opinions, but you have yet to offer facts.
Hmmm you seem hellbent on defending weed no matter what. You like it, you use it...There is no convincing a pothead of anything. The dirty little secret is that I know much more than I shall ever disclose in this forum (me giving you the finger)...

Old 01-07-2009, 06:45 PM
Originally Posted by solomonHk
That data may be inaccurate. In most stated a driving under the influence of marijuana goes in the books as a DUI-D. A DUI-D has no record of what type of Drug was suspected or detected.

Not to mention, I imagine there are many unreported pot related deaths that are looked at as accidents. E.G. someone forgot to do something that resulted in the death of another.
I would venture to say, more of the "pot deaths" are deaths that woulda happened anyways, the guy just happened to be high.

You foget to do something, results in a death. how is the MJ's fault ? Other then the old stereotype.... it has been shown to not hurt the memory as bad as you'd think. And if it does, its not like its bad ONLY while high.

Like I said, I would bet a HUGE percentage of "pot deaths" or deaths that were unavoidable while sober, but they happen to be stoned.

No negative side effects.

NO DEATHS.

Old 01-07-2009, 06:49 PM
Graphics Contributor
I'm not going to attack or defend anyone in this thread, but I found this online and thought it was interesting.

Q: What are the long-term effects of marijuana use?
A: Findings so far show that regular use of marijuana or THC may play a role in some kinds of cancer and in problems with the respiratory and immune systems.

Cancer
It’s hard to know for sure whether marijuana use alone causes cancer, because many people who smoke marijuana also smoke cigarettes and use other drugs. But it is known that marijuana smoke contains some of the same, and sometimes even more, of the cancer-causing chemicals found in tobacco smoke. Studies show that someone who smokes five joints per day may be taking in as many cancer-causing chemicals as someone who smokes a full pack of cigarettes every day (15) .

Lungs and airways
People who smoke marijuana often develop the same kinds of breathing problems that cigarette smokers have: coughing and wheezing. They tend to have more chest colds than nonusers. They are also at greater risk of getting lung infections like pneumonia.

Immune system
Our immune system protects the body from many agents that cause disease. It is not certain whether marijuana damages the immune system of people, but both animal and human studies have shown that marijuana impairs the ability of T-cells in the lungs' immune systemm to fight off some infections.
http://www.nida.nih.gov/marijBroch/M....html#longterm

Old 01-07-2009, 06:50 PM
Suspended
I would venture to say, more of the "pot deaths" are deaths that woulda happened anyways, the guy just happened to be high.

You foget to do something, results in a death. how is the MJ's fault ? Other then the old stereotype.... it has been shown to not hurt the memory as bad as you'd think. And if it does, its not like its bad ONLY while high.

Like I said, I would bet a HUGE percentage of "pot deaths" or deaths that were unavoidable while sober, but they happen to be stoned.

No negative side effects.

NO DEATHS.
No facts...just a potheads opinion...whats that worth?

MT, you're one crazy SOB that would die defending his weed causes. Weird chit IMO...

Old 01-07-2009, 06:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A true friend will smoke a bong with the addict and talk about life as they listen to Bob Marley, that's what a true friend does.

Repeat after me:

Pot is good, Pot is great.
Alltogether now....

Old 01-07-2009, 06:53 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by JBMX928
I'm not going to attack or defend anyone in this thread, but I found this online and thought it was interesting.

http://www.nida.nih.gov/marijBroch/M....html#longterm

If a pothead reads the above, they dismiss it as anti-weed propaganda... They are the equivalent of todays Neo ****'s that claim the Holocaust was a hoax...

I laugh at JBMX for trying to reason with the pothead... Its an act of futility. And yet I **** away my time doing the same.

Old 01-07-2009, 06:54 PM
Originally Posted by NCSU_05_FX4
So have you sat down with every adult friend you have that smokes cigs and give them the "another nail in the coffin" speech when they light up? The legality of any substance is not the topic of conversation in this thread... We've seen what happens when we talk about that

How much do you think stands to be made if weed were legalized? It's already a HUGE cash crop, just all the cash goes underground.

- NCSU
Yep, I guess I have---but then again, very few of my friends---and none of my relatives smoke. I did tell a fellow offical a while back, at half time, (in a "smoke-free facility") to put the ****** cigarette out and that if he wanted to kill himself slowly that he wasn't going to do it when I was around---and involved with his 2nd-hand smoke...yep, I did...so what do you say to that?

TSC

Quick Reply: How to stop an addiction