How to stop an addiction

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 07:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You said she smokes the stuff during her lunch breaks. You could talk to her employer about having random drug tests. Just about every empoyer out there has a policy about any type of drug use. I wouldn't want anyone to get fired, but maybe it would wake her up if she had to take a drug test and failed it and got fired, especially if she works for a good company and makes fairly good money. Many employers may not contact police if they did not catch the person in the act or in posession of the contraband.

Maybe something else you could try is to find some type of documentary or other informational program or even a book about what she is doing and why it is dangerous and what it can do to her. Maybe you could put it on a DVD or tape and tell her to watch it when she is alone. This could help, especially if the selection is graphic and very detailed. Maybe if she actually saw firsthand the effects of smoking weed and what it can and will do, it may change her ways.

Old 01-06-2009, 07:07 PM
I agree with the guys and the turning her in thing. There is alot more to it thatn just turning her in. Does she have a rap sheet, will she get arrested go to trail stand and be put on probation? That might cause her to absconder and go to a place where you cant help. Will she get arrested and tell the police information about where she got it, then get deal? Then and trust me I work for NCDOC the ppl she turns in will find out who turned her in and lead to there convictions trust me on that. I do agree with the arrest thing, my advice would be really think of some different ideas to get the LE to find it on her. Go pull a tailout out, get pulled and act like a jerk just do not advance towards the officer, or act like your going to hurt yourself or her lol. Hell tell them "officer I got my blub in my dash my friend is a addict and has drugs on her, please help me help her. Any Officer worth weight will search her and find it, she will do the whole spill but your name wont be involved as setting her up. Just remember when you call the cops, you wont be turning in just her, she will talk.

Old 01-06-2009, 07:09 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by azmidget91
didnt really read every post but i agree with the getting busted, call the cops on her, when you know she will be smoking or have it on her, call the cops and tell them she has it on here and is a good friend and think the only way to get her to stop is if she gets busted. worth a try i guess

If you did that to me as soon as I got out a swift kick to the junk would be looking for you.

Old 01-06-2009, 07:11 PM
With people like yall, who needs enemies ???

Yall should be proud...

"turn her in" ruin her life, destroy her job, etc etc etc. Yall are seriously evil, twisted, opinion pushing *****. Just my opinion anyways. And I wont force you to agree.

Old 01-06-2009, 07:12 PM
Originally Posted by Ftruck05
If you did that to me as soon as I got out a swift kick to the junk would be looking for you.
amen.
head for a eye, heart for a tooth
. you fawk with me, you better hope I never find you.

rat someone out.... wow

Old 01-06-2009, 07:23 PM
In that case you feel as if someone wouldnt appricate your help, even if it took getting them arrested or caught with drugs. And if you felt you might be in jeopardy, for helping someone. I would roll out, I wouldnt think twice about it. Is not going to be the first or last time you let someone close go.

Old 01-06-2009, 07:35 PM
Suspended
Cops knock on my door, they get one of these: Then get laughed at as I close the door to my smoke filled house.

If she really has a problem and truly benefits from the use of cannabis, then more power to her. She should protect herself and get a prescription. If she is just using it to get high, that is fine too. I definitely WOULD NOT consider you a "friend" of her's if you rat her out to the police or her employer.

Originally Posted by MercedesTech

Yall should be proud...

"turn her in" ruin her life, destroy her job, etc etc etc. Yall are seriously evil, twisted, opinion pushing *****. Just my opinion anyways. And I wont force you to agree.
I agree 100%

Old 01-06-2009, 07:37 PM
Suspended
Yes, call the cops. That way we can pay them to go pick up some free dope and arrest a person who is enjoying their life. WTF? If your friend likes smoking who are you to judge? You don't have any bad habits?....

Old 01-06-2009, 07:47 PM
Graphics Contributor

Old 01-06-2009, 08:12 PM

Yall should be proud...

This is just what NEOCONS do

Unless she was neglecting her kids, job or something like that a real friend would just walk away. Im sure everyone that posted that suggestion has done something in their adult life they could go to jail for but did not...for example, drinking and driving.
What if your so called friend snitched you out and instead you got some jail time and fines to pay....is that going to make you stop or just stop associating with the so called friend? If my friend did that to me there would be a price...probably of some sort of pain as a way of saying thanks buddy.

Mercedes Tech makes a good point that if your only concern is that YOU don't like it you have no point or business getting involved. If she is in danger, or putting kids at risk you are going to have to do a gut check.
It is probably best to just walk away.
If you are important she will want you back and may change but like I said....

You cant fix adults...unless they want to be fixed.

Old 01-06-2009, 08:24 PM

Yall should be proud...

i do what i can

Old 01-06-2009, 09:03 PM
Originally Posted by Camarothatcould
all I can say is cancer cures smoking
Sure, only smoking causes cancer.
Actually, 1 out of every 2 women is diagnosed with a form of cancer in their lifetimes, and 1 out of every 3 men. The only reason these numbers aren't higher is because some people die before they are diagnosed with it. Smoking is one of the smaller reasons that people get cancer.
You don't have any bad habits? Maybe you should die for one of them. Sounds like a when someone else says something like that, doesn't it?

Last edited by Bluejay; 01-07-2009 at 12:02 PM. Reason: language
Old 01-06-2009, 09:08 PM
Originally Posted by Ftruck05
Yes, call the cops. That way we can pay them to go pick up some free dope and arrest a person who is enjoying their life. WTF? If your friend likes smoking who are you to judge? You don't have any bad habits?....
A-to the-MEN!
You don't agree with what she is doing, don't do it. To try to hurt her just to change her habits to something that you think is better for her, wtf kind of friend are you? It's not like it's crack. It's weed.

Old 01-06-2009, 09:14 PM
I come from a family of drug addicts and alcoholics. I'll never understand what makes people do drugs (or drink either).

My oldest brother and my sister smoke pot every day, i swear they are high 24/7. Nothing i do or say will ever make a difference so I just quit trying. I couldn't imagine calling the cops on them either...it wouldn't solve anything and heck i doubt the cops around here would do anything anyways..it's pretty pathetic.
My parents have done drugs and drank since i was a kid....i'll always remember the night my mom came home freaking out 'cause she was high on meth and afraid she was going to die but she wouldnt go to the hospital because she was on drugs

Like others said, there really isn't anything you can do or say to an addict. They have to want to stop and change for it to work.

My brother almost died from an OD a couple months ago...that was his wake up call for now...but i think he's about to go back down that dark road...
My sister has stopped using pot before but she always goes back...the only good news is that she stopped popping pills after our brother almost died.

I hate drugs and alcohol and the hold they have over people....but there's nothing you can do if they don't want help.

The only relief about pot is that you can't die from an overdose from it

Old 01-06-2009, 09:57 PM
You can call the cops, whatever, but until she hits rock bottom and realizes that she has a problem (and not that everybody else has a problem with her) nothing can help her. No amount of counseling, etc---until she herself absolutely looks at herself in the mirror and realizes that she is in a cesspool of ****, nothing can help her out.

Take a look at the twelve step program. The first step is to admit that they have a problem and that they are powerless over it.

All of the legal proceedings in the world won't help her out unless she herself is ready to reach out and admit that she needs help.

Hang in there...it will happen, and she will be looking for you to reach out and help her.

Tim C.

Quick Reply: How to stop an addiction