F150 Online Members 0 - Bambi 0

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-1999, 10:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post F150 Online Members 0 - Bambi 0

Just finished opening day in Missouri. I didn't see alot of deer but a nice 9 pointer was taken from the farm. Unfortunately I wasn't the one doing the shooting. Oh well, I have the rest of the week to track him down! he!he!he!

Anybody have any luck?

------------------
'97 F150 Lariat, Flareside, white/sliver, SC, ORP, 5.4 (FQR 8/99) running Mobil 1
Mods: 305/70/16 GY ATS, AR Baja wheels, dual exhaust, Smittybilt Nerf Bars, Edelbrock IAS Shocks, K&N Filter, Carbon Fiber Bug Gaurd and rigged the fog lights too.

Old 11-13-1999, 11:25 PM
I went out to check early this morning, but didn't hear/see anything. My friends went out there this early afternoon, and said they saw about 3 doe's drinking water...Next week!

Old 11-15-1999, 04:44 PM
Yea, good luck with that story on your wife. Hell, if it works let me know. Maybe I can use it

Well, the score is now F150 2 - Bambi 1

I got a seven pointer today, it weighed in about 200#. Nice deer. It was my first buck so I am pretty pleased.

Bambi's score came from the run in some hunting buddies had Saturday night. The deer ran right into the side of his Cheby! Dented the door a little. Too bad for the Cheby! The deer just got up and ran away.

Old 11-16-1999, 12:50 AM
I took a 75# button buck Saturday in NH. I would have liked to have seen another 30 - 40 pounds. I've been 3 years without so I'll take what I can get. I got my last one the same year I bought my last truck. This year I bought another truck and got another deer. Maybe I should get a new truck every year. I'm sure if I explained it that way to my wife she would have to agree, right?

------------------
97 F150 Super Cab, Flare Side, Black over Silver, ORP, Towing Package, Gibson Exhaust, Smittybilt Frame Mount Blk Powdercoat Bars

Old 11-16-1999, 10:27 AM
Good job on the seven pointer. My biggest was 167. I came close to bagging a bull moose a week ago with my truck. Only a half a mile from the house. a guy in the other lane was flashing his lights when I came around the corner. Even after I slowed way down the thing was still hard to see. I don't even want to think what my truck would have looked like.

------------------
97 F150 Super Cab, Flare Side, Black over Silver, ORP, Towing Package, Gibson Exhaust, Smittybilt Frame Mount Blk Powdercoat Bars

Old 11-16-1999, 01:27 PM
moose vs truck...hold on ethel this is gonna be ugly glad it didn't come to that.
we have alot of deer laying on the sides of the roads here already.
so far bow hunting this year ( i'm new to bowhunting) i've seen quite a few and missed one. new respect for bow hunters...hitting target in the backyard is easy. hitting deer is challenging.
this weekend we start our gun season. whooppee. my older son and i are hoping to get something this season. been scouting (w/bow in hand) for a few weeks now. i know there are at least two 8 pointers in the woods we hunt. they would make nice accessories in the bed of the truck
good luck all

------------------
'97 f150 rc, flair side,4x4,v6,5 spd, k&n air filter

Old 11-16-1999, 02:21 PM
run bambi run!!!!!

------------------
David
'99 F150 XLT SC, STYLESIDE
3.73, 4X4 ORP 5.4L, AUTO,
139wb, Medium Red Tor.,
Rhino, K&N, BugGuard,
RainGuards, Superchip, Soft Tonneau
f150online sticker!!! GET ONE NOW!

[This message has been edited by cloaker (edited 11-16-1999).]

Old 11-16-1999, 03:33 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Angry

I was all set to go 3 up on Bambi, a chip shot really, from the Deer's 15. Bambi blocked the kick and rambled 85 yards for a controversial TD. I burned a timeout challenging whether the ball broke the plane. Upon further review it was determined my hand was caught up in some antlers and it was ruled an intentional facemask. Fifteen yards on the ensuing kickoff!

Now what am I going to do? All these deers do is run, run, run. They never throw the damn ball!

Old 11-16-1999, 08:26 PM
Run Bambi run! Fall Bambi fall!

Old 11-18-1999, 03:18 AM
Unhappy

Is it as hard in other areas to get permission to deer hunt on private property as here in Indiana? A non-landowner is about SOL around here! You really almost have to have connections. Its just about bad enough to make me give up on the hole deal , and man I hate that, I've deer hunted for 30 years, with my Dad and now with my Son. I don't like to do the public property thing as they are over run with hunters because of the problem I mention. Just curious.

Old 11-18-1999, 09:25 AM
I hunt in NH and hunting areas in the southern part of the state are slowly being overcome by housing. You really need to do pre-season scouting for new homes as opposed to deer sign. Most people will simply post their land if they don't want hunting. Some will post but give permission if asked. They may just want to know who is out there or maybe only allow bowhunters. Others use Safety Zone signs in thick areas to let you know a house is nearby. I got my deer on state owned land but I also hunt un posted private property. I look for good areas on the topo map and then check them out for access, new houses, and postings.

------------------
97 F150 XLT S/C, Flare Side, Black over Silver, ORP, Towing Package, Gibson Exhaust, Smittybilt Frame Mount Blk Powdercoat Bars

Old 11-18-1999, 01:40 PM
I am very fortunate to have quite a bit of good, private land to hunt. I did the public land thing here in Missouri for a while and was never very succesful.

Around here, the thing about private land is that, if your lucky, the farmer wants some of the deer killed to save his crops. If your not, he isn't very inclined to let just anyone get in his woods with a high powered rifle.

Quick Reply: F150 Online Members 0 - Bambi 0