Spike's Bullrun/ F150 in 1st!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 06:59 PM
Graphics Contributor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jmt0645
What he hit was stirofoam "bricks" built to resemble a wall, if you pay close enough attention to the clip you'll see them disentegrate and there isn't a scratch on the truck.

i saw that, im talkin about somethin else.
im pretty sure what i saw was something similar to the lightbulb challenge n he was taking out a bunch of poles or something to that nature, maybe i was just seeing things XD

Old 03-15-2007, 07:12 PM
Originally Posted by c0ckac0la
Which question do you wish to be answered? You've chosen to base your arguement upon semantics, I have based mine on intention. If you can "identify" with his decision to scrape by on noodles and salty water to have a nice truck then, I say that is stupid. Bottom line.

Did you just call me stupid.

So lets go.

I would like both of my questions answered. Please.

Are you just a moron or mentally retarded. Your intention is not clearly defined.

I have not chosen an argument of semantics. This was your own doing. You initiated this. You chose to use the word honorable instead of some other adjective. This is what I take great issue with. You can't just throw this word around. It means something to some people. You do not know this man. I do not know this man. How can you judge his honor.

As regards to this mans diet, I invite you to review a little tidbit about the rations that our men and women of the Armed Forces are eating in the field. I would not think that this firefighters duties are much different that those of combat arms. Thus if its good enough for our military fighters, I would think it to be good enough for our community firefighters.

and it goes on to say:

*MREs are within MRDA (Military Recommended Dietary Allowances) guidelines for sodium content. One MRE (less the salt packet) provides approximately 1800 milligrams (mg) of sodium. The usual sodium intake of soldiers in garrison is 3000-6000 mg per day. Therefore, MREs are not much higher in sodium than typical garrison intakes. This sodium content is much too high for the average person. The military probably takes into account their personnel are much more active than the average civilian and would "sweat out" more salt. Also, 30% fat content is at the high end for acceptable dietary content and 40% is definitely too much fat in the diet. However, if one is active and burns off a lot of calories, this is acceptable for short term, emergency rations.

And for what its worth a "package" of Top Ramen has 85g. Just so you know.

The devils in the details. Details....

And before you start pointing out someone else's spelling problems you might want to take a moment and look at your own. BTW you misspelled argument in your response to Patman03SprCrw. And you even called him out on his spelling errors. So who is the dumb *** now.

So what now.....

Old 03-15-2007, 08:18 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by InCuBuS
it was actually a king ranch and i dont know why it was in there it didnt seem all that special compared to the other cars

Nope, that's no King Ranch.:o

Old 03-15-2007, 09:09 PM
Yes, I use cash on every purchase, or pay my credit before the bill is mailed.
I just had to get into this, you say the guy on Bullrun is stupid for financing himself to own his dream truck. You even say it's not honorable for him to do so (spoken like a true Klingon by the way).

Based on the above quote I have one question for you. How did you buy your F150? Did you get a loan, finance it, or pay cash outright. If the answer is either of the first two, then you too, my friend, are living beyond your means.

Old 03-15-2007, 09:10 PM
Hey Ox,
Have you checked your blood pressure lately? You have some real anger issues you may want to get straightened out...

As for MRE's nutritional content: They have 33 grams of protein which the label states is 1/3 the total Daily Value. Compared to Top Ramens 4 grams, I would say that is a substantial difference. You also stated that these are short-term rations.

As for your childish name calling, I stated that his statements/actions were stupid. And if you agree with those statements/actions then that is your prerogative, but I consider his statements/actions stupid. The End.

Pat~
My apologies about the spell check comment. They were not necessary.

Old 03-15-2007, 09:48 PM
No loser, you stated that

Which question do you wish to be answered? You've chosen to base your arguement upon semantics, I have based mine on intention. If you can "identify" with his decision to scrape by on noodles and salty water to have a nice truck then, I say that is stupid. Bottom line.
You were calling me stupid for empathizing with his decision.

And for the record you said that he was less than honorable.

Would you like to go on record as saying anything else.....

And for the record, I wouldn't classify his actions as stupid, because I am not aware of his complete financial picture.

The protein count on one package of beef Top Ramen is 10g. And the calorie count is 380. So extrapolate that out to the equal amount of an MRE and you will see that is in line with 1140 calories and 30g of protein.

My Bp routinely is 118/80 (corrected). Thats what 8 years of military conditioning will get you. PT 5 days a week, still.

Hows yours, might I ask?

What? Are you some kinda of cardiologist now. Like you were some kind of nutritionalist?

And buddy if you think this is an issue of aggression then you haven't seen true aggression.

Ox

Last edited by Oxlander; 03-15-2007 at 10:02 PM.
Old 03-15-2007, 09:55 PM
Originally Posted by Oxlander

My Bp routinely is 118/20. Thats what 8 years of military conditioning will get you. PT 5 days a week, still.

Ox
May want to bring that bottom number up a bit before you go into a coma.

BTW This thread is out of hand.

Old 03-15-2007, 10:00 PM
Originally Posted by 04 RED LARIAT
May want to bring that bottom number up a bit before you go into a coma.

BTW This thread is out of hand.
Right. Stand corrected
~118/80

Thanks Red

Old 03-16-2007, 03:28 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by 04 RED LARIAT
Nope, that's no King Ranch.:o
I actually watched the second half this evening, and at one point they were doing an in car video scene from the F150 and it has brown leather in it, not black or tan..... And it is white. So right now im gonna guess its a KR > Lariat for that reason

Old 03-16-2007, 03:31 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
Pat~
My apologies about the spell check comment. They were not necessary.
I must have missed the comment, maybe you went back and edited it.

we all make mistakes, but argueing on an F150 board about Ramen Noodles is kinda redicolus.

No hard feelings tho

Old 03-16-2007, 10:12 AM
Alright, I caught the re-run. I'm sick of the ******* who cry about their car. Oh, my car is a classic, I have to be careful. Oh no, I can't run into the sticks with light bulbs on top, it will damage my paint.

Quit crying and go home. We dont need that sh*t

Old 03-16-2007, 05:51 PM
Originally Posted by Patman03SprCrw
I actually watched the second half this evening, and at one point they were doing an in car video scene from the F150 and it has brown leather in it, not black or tan..... And it is white. So right now im gonna guess its a KR > Lariat for that reason

School is now in session.

It's a 2004 Lariat Texas Ranch edition. Made in 2004 to fill the gap since the King Ranch was not offered that year. No it's not a King Ranch truck.

Amazingly enough in the stats interview provided in the link in this thread the guy actually tells what it is, and it shows the badges.

Thanks, my tip jar is by the door.

Old 03-16-2007, 07:39 PM
Cool Never show your hand!

I see that there are some opinions about my vehicle knowledge. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. When playing poker do you let everyone know what is sitting in your hand? the answer is no! I didn't get on the show by being a complete moron. I had series of tests thrown my way day by day during the casting for this show, and I beat out a few hundred thousand teams who applied. I hope everyone is enjoying the show cause its only going to get better, and all F150 owners will be proud!

Old 03-16-2007, 07:45 PM
Never show your hand!

Originally Posted by silverbullet5.4
That guy is a moron, he sounds like a ricer. He basically has a stock truck with a K&N and chip, and he claims around 400HP...what an idiot. Its guys like him that give auto enthusiasts a bad name.
I see that there are some opinions about my vehicle knowledge. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. When playing poker do you let everyone know what is sitting in your hand? the answer is no! I didn't get on the show by being a complete moron. I had series of tests thrown my way day by day during the casting for this show, and I beat out a few hundred thousand teams who applied. I hope everyone is enjoying the show cause its only going to get better, and all F150 owners will be proud!

Old 03-16-2007, 08:11 PM
Nutrition

Saying that all I eat is Ramen Noodles was complete sarcasm. you guys are going completely overboard on my nutrition. I eat extremely healthy, and have broken almost every fitness standard record in my department of over 150 firefighters. I am an extremely healthy person, and I think my personel records within my department back that up. The comments about me not knowing anything about vehicles is completely hilarious. I am required to work on large diesel engines at work, race motocross and work on them myself, and have built a 1981 F150 with a 351m/400 with all Edelbrock, aluminum heads, cam, high rise intake, 650cfm carb, full MSD ignition, Hooker Headers, C6 Tranny, ford 9in. rear end. All done by myself and my father. What I can and cannot afford is my business. I own my own home which I purchased at the age of 20, and have one Honda 400ex atv, one Honda rc51(crotch rocket), and one yamaha warrior. Me sayin that I eat ramen was a JOKE. I am doing fine, and am in no way living above my means. I joined this forum to talk about the show, and find some supporters. Not haters! Thanks for your time, and some of your support. Sincerely, Jason Wallace

Quick Reply: Spike's Bullrun/ F150 in 1st!!