Spike's Bullrun/ F150 in 1st!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 01:08 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by quackrstackr
It replays tonight at 11.

I figure that's probably eastern time but it didn't specify.
yah came on at 10 (CST) here originally, and DAMNIT i gotta work again tonight

Old 03-15-2007, 01:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Oxlander
I completely empathize with this guy. He says that he practically financed his life away so that he could have the truck that he has dreamed about since he was a kid. He even states that he lives off of Ramen noodles so that he can pay for his 4x4. Ox
That is not honorable, it is stupid.....

Old 03-15-2007, 02:21 PM
Originally Posted by c0ckac0la
x2 thats just living beyond your means. Anyhow, I need to set up my DVR to record the show now that Forza Motorsport Challenge is done.

Old 03-15-2007, 02:31 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
how is that not honorable? He had a dream, he set out to accomplish it. He did acomplish it. He ovbiously isnt living too much out of his funding b.c he bought a CAI and a tuner

Originally Posted by goldmember
x2 thats just living beyond your means.
Have you ever bought a house, car, furniture, or even appliances ? or do you have any credit cards? No im sure you pay 100% for everything with cash out right....

Old 03-15-2007, 03:46 PM
ummmm What?

I think you got your adjectives mixed up.

Who ever mentioned anything about this young man's honor.

He is 24 years old and works as a firefighter and EMT and has for 6 years. My friend, I think his honor is intact.

He even goes on to say that he turns the wrench for all the work that needs to be done to his vehicle. He learned to do so out of necessity, couldn't afford to pay anyone else. Sound familiar to anyone.

So here is a man who apparently has never been handed anything in his life. All that he has, he earned. And this is what I can truly empathize with.

please direct your hate somewhere else.

Old 03-15-2007, 04:09 PM
Graphics Contributor
thats a cool story about the kid n his truck.
i hope what i saw of a little action clip isnt too bad.
i remember seeing it at the beginning or end or something them showing a highlight reel of the entire season, and the yshow the truck doing one of the events where he could either gain or lose position and they show him hitting something with this truck but it was a real fast clip so i couldnt tell if it was bad.

Old 03-15-2007, 04:13 PM
i'm glad that little Scion POS got kicked off. Stupid ricers!

Old 03-15-2007, 04:14 PM
Graphics Contributor
the next episode looks to be on tuesday at 10:00, isthat the new/ permanent time for it to be on? dont want to miss an episode.

Old 03-15-2007, 04:33 PM
I think you got your adjectives mixed up. Who ever mentioned anything about this young man's honor. {snip!} And this is what I can truly empathize with. Please direct your hate somewhere else.
Honour (or honor) is the concept of a direct relation between one's virtues (or "values") and their status within society. Accordingly, individuals are assigned worth and stature based on a harmony between their own code of honour and that of the society at large. Honour is often seen as a relativistic concept, as conflicts between individuals and even cultures may arise as a consequence of material circumstance and ambition, rather than due to fundamental differences in principle. Others hold to a more nativist view — that honour is as real to the human condition as love, and likewise derives from the formative personal bonds that establish one's personal dignity and character.

Ox,
Let me get this straight, because this guy eats Top Ramen 24/7 so he can afford a $40,000+ truck you can "empathize" with him? The fact that you "honor" his decisions is where I take issue. This young adult is living well outside his means if he has to eat Top Ramen for every meal. Please don't let your blind love for a fellow Texan and Fireman cloud your judgement. He is human and as such will certainly make human-like mistakes and poor decisions.

How nutritious is Top Ramen? According to NutritionData.com one packet of Beef Top Ramen contains 7g of Fat (10% DV), 3g of Saturated Fat (17% DV), 861 mg of Sodium (36% DV), 17g of Carbs (9% DV), 4g of Protein and 1% calcium and 10% iron.

So say our fireman goes into a burning building to save your family member. He is your only hope for saving your wife and kids....Is low Protein-high Sodium diet going to give him the strength and endurance to save them from certain demise........you decide. Do not misinterpret my contempt for hatred.

Last edited by c0ckac0la; 03-15-2007 at 04:37 PM.
Old 03-15-2007, 04:42 PM
Coming from arizona, Firefighters and EMT are not "just" scrapping by. They don't need to live off of ramen noodles. Some of those guys were bringing in 500 bucks every 3 days. And that way 5 years ago.

The EMT have to work shifts of 12/24 hours. And anything over 8 hours is overtime. Because you get to sleep during your hours you can work 48 hours in a roll. Thats makes for 40 hours of overtime. In just 2 days.

That is just an example. I support the guy 100% but he's not poor. I know that the show would like you to think that. It look good for the shows image- I young white guy/firefighter who drives a F150 and works for everylast dollar that he gets. He's going against the big dollar lambo and the other classic cars. It makes you want him to win.

I really liked the Honda ricer. They showed on the stats that the car goes 0-60 in 3.7 seconds. Thats corvette speed. All the while the camero or firebird (can't remember) does it in 4.5 seconds. But the honda was afraid to drag race him, after watching the "hit the lights" challenge. There making some of these cars out to be alittle faster than they really are.

Old 03-15-2007, 04:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JBMX928
thats a cool story about the kid n his truck.
i hope what i saw of a little action clip isnt too bad.
i remember seeing it at the beginning or end or something them showing a highlight reel of the entire season, and the yshow the truck doing one of the events where he could either gain or lose position and they show him hitting something with this truck but it was a real fast clip so i couldnt tell if it was bad.
What he hit was stirofoam "bricks" built to resemble a wall, if you pay close enough attention to the clip you'll see them disentegrate and there isn't a scratch on the truck.

Old 03-15-2007, 05:21 PM
Honour (or honor) is the concept of a direct relation between one's virtues (or "values") and their status within society. Accordingly, individuals are assigned worth and stature based on a harmony between their own code of honour and that of the society at large. Honour is often seen as a relativistic concept, as conflicts between individuals and even cultures may arise as a consequence of material circumstance and ambition, rather than due to fundamental differences in principle. Others hold to a more nativist view — that honour is as real to the human condition as love, and likewise derives from the formative personal bonds that establish one's personal dignity and character.

Ox,
Let me get this straight, because this guy eats Top Ramen 24/7 so he can afford a $40,000+ truck you can "empathize" with him? The fact that you "honor" his decisions is where I take issue. This young adult is living well outside his means if he has to eat Top Ramen for every meal. Please don't let your blind love for a fellow Texan and Fireman cloud your judgement. He is human and as such will certainly make human-like mistakes and poor decisions.

How nutritious is Top Ramen? According to NutritionData.com one packet of Beef Top Ramen contains 7g of Fat (10% DV), 3g of Saturated Fat (17% DV), 861 mg of Sodium (36% DV), 17g of Carbs (9% DV), 4g of Protein and 1% calcium and 10% iron.

So say our fireman goes into a burning building to save your family member. He is your only hope for saving your wife and kids....Is low Protein-high Sodium diet going to give him the strength and endurance to save them from certain demise........you decide. Do not misinterpret my contempt for hatred.
c0ckac0la,

Just so we get this straight, Yes.

Your statement that his decision to eat an inexpensive meal to provide additional discretionary income was seen as dishonorable, to me, was out of line. Do you even know the definition of honor?

Are you completely clueless or do you even know what the word empathy means.

If not I will kindly provide it for you:

em·pa·thy (ĕm'pə-thē) pronunciation
n.

1. Identification with and understanding of another's situation, feelings, and motives.
2. The attribution of one's own feelings to an object.

[EN–2 + –PATHY (translation of German Einfühlung).]

I have known many a man that has sustained lengthy missions on much less rations that 3 meals a day of Top Ramen. Their physical and mental acuteness were not impaired.

Being responsible and be honorable are not synonymous and are not intrinsically linked.

And for what its worth I am not a indigenous to Texas. In fact I have only lived in this state for 5 years. So once again your presumptions, without merit, are unfounded.

And please before you quote a net resource as to the nutritional value of a food, do us all a favor and look at the serving size. Your haste to post has left out one critical detail. Your citing is wrong in that the nutritional value of Top Ramen is for one serving and there are 2 servings per package.

The devil is in the details my friend. Details....

Old 03-15-2007, 06:05 PM
Well, you can generally get from A to Z, under police radar, if you drive a vehicle one doesn't automatically associate with high-speed travel.

For instance, I could probably drive from Charleston, SC to Los Angeles, CA in a black Toyota Camry, faster than I could make the same trip in a red Mustang GT.

If the car looks fast it's going to get teh cop's attention, and probably a ticket for being 5 MPH over the speed limit, whereas the guy in the Camry may be 10 mils over, and only get a warning.

Because of that, it wouldn't surprise me if the F-150 wins that race, coast to coast.

Old 03-15-2007, 06:30 PM
c0ckac0la,
Do you even know the definition of honor?
Are you completely clueless or do you even know what the word empathy means.
Which question do you wish to be answered? You've chosen to base your arguement upon semantics, I have based mine on intention. If you can "identify" with his decision to scrape by on noodles and salty water to have a nice truck then, I say that is stupid. Bottom line.

And please before you quote a net resource as to the nutritional value of a food, do us all a favor and look at the serving size. Your haste to post has left out one critical detail. Your citing is wrong in that the nutritional value of Top Ramen is for one serving and there are 2 servings per package.

So.....Having twice as much salt is a good thing?

Originally Posted by Patman03SprCrw
He ovbiously isnt living too much out of his funding b.c he bought a CAI and a tuner {snip!}Have you ever bought a house, car, furniture, or even appliances ? or do you have any credit cards? No im sure you pay 100% for everything with cash out right....
1.Spellcheck
2.Overextending Credit Cards to buy fancy truck gear is living outside of funding
3.Yes, I use cash on every purchase, or pay my credit before the bill is mailed.

Last edited by c0ckac0la; 03-15-2007 at 06:41 PM.
Old 03-15-2007, 06:44 PM

Maybe our firefighter friend got a glimpse of the 1st place prize....

Quick Reply: Spike's Bullrun/ F150 in 1st!!