Just ask Kobi . . .

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2005, 03:26 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Dear kobi,
Last night a young fellow posted that he came across a wallet and after a slight struggle over what to do he replaced it and did nothing.

I didn't think the entire episode was even worthy of posting about but since he did, I thought I should provide some guidance. Other posters had a different take on it and gave an online high-five for his lack of action as if it were worthy of praise.

I went to the store today and I didn't steal anything. I could post this at almost everyday but, I don't think it's worthy of note nor would I expect a pat on the back.

He could have done the wrong thing or he could have did the right thing but, he did nothing.

The wrong thing would be bad.
The right thing would be good.

What is nothing and what is it's value in the World today?

I would have thought nothing is less than good.

Am I out of touch?

thanks in advance,
(don't hold back, I can take it)

Old 07-29-2005, 03:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear SAJEFFC -
Well, I don't know how YOU post pix in your gallery, but I do it quite well, thank you.

If you want to post pix, and are having trouble, I suggest PSS-Mag's fine posting that he often puts up here:

(Credit where credit is due to PSS-Mag)
It's a darn good thing I typed this up and saved it as a text.doc
I should put this in a thread and make it sticky! (If you can do that here if not then have Webmaster make it sticky.)

To Post Pics
It's easy once you've done it. It sounds like a lot to do but after you have done one you will see it isn't that hard.
Find image on the web that you want to post or uplaod image to your gallery here. If you do nto have a gallery creat one and then uplaod your image.
Once found Right click on Image & click on properties
Highlight the url that is givien in the picture properties
right click and hit copy (or Ctrl+c on your key board)
Got to the reply to post page and click on IMG at the top
right click and hit paste (or Ctrl+v on your key board) to place the url in the IMG window that poped up
click submit reply

optional
if you want to include a message with the picture you posted type the message either before or after either of the 2 [IMG] that appear on each side of the url that you pasted. Where ever you type your message that is where it will appear on your post. (ie. before or after the image or [IMG] symbols.) Note: when you place IMG it automatically goes underneath any message you have already typed.

TADA
You posted a pic!

Old 07-29-2005, 03:28 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Kobi

Thanks for your reply, but, if I try to take Maggie's pic in the truck as Buck did, she would not show. Too small. I don't know Monica, she probably wouldn't let me take her pic anyhow. Guess I will just stay with the sig for now.

Old 07-29-2005, 03:29 PM
Dear Kobi,

I have a similiar problem to the one you described with your GF when dealing with my wife.

I'm a know it all that is always right. (It is a burden I handle well).

My question is how do you know when to give advice to the SO as their signals are obviously not clear. Sometimes they want advice but don't say so and sometimes they want to vent with no advice, asking rhetorical questions right and left. I'm ducking breakables because I'm either too distant or too involved.

Signed,

Hitting the deck.

Old 07-29-2005, 03:29 PM
From Urban Cowboy -

Dear Kobi -
Hope there's no limit to an individuals question. I have a problem. It's Friday and I'm particularly tired. I dont feel like working but this board is kinda slow today as are the other 3 I frequent. What should I do?

Hummm -
Are you implying that being on the boards is your work? If so, How do I get a job where you "work"?

If you're tired, take a nap.

Kobi

Last edited by kobiashi; 07-29-2005 at 08:16 PM.
Old 07-29-2005, 03:32 PM
Oh Oh Oh. I got another one.

So the only single admin here at work was just in my cubical. During the course of our conversation, her hootie cans were pressed up against me twice. I've been told not to date co-workers, what should I do? I havent had hootie can contact like this in months.

Old 07-29-2005, 03:32 PM
Posted by jcc -
OHHH GREAT 8 BALL . my *** is itchy what should i do
Scratch, but DON'T sniff . . . unless you're into that kind of $**t.

Also, after scratching, if you continue typing on that keyboard there, make sure it's either not your keyboard, or that you disinfect it with alcohol swabs afterward.

Also, don't pick your nose with the same finger you scratched your a-hole with.

kobi

Last edited by kobiashi; 07-29-2005 at 09:17 PM.
Old 07-29-2005, 03:34 PM
jcc
Old 07-29-2005, 03:35 PM
Dear Aunt Kobi

As a 7th Dan "know it all" myself I would just like to add that Farting in front of your wifes mom and sister is acceptable unless it is actually their turn.
In that case, a true gentleman like myself would, of course, let them Fart first.

Hope this clears things up

Old 07-29-2005, 03:43 PM
Dear Kobi,
I would like very much to take the rest of the afternoon off to drink and play poker, but my boss did not respond well to this. My question is how do I convince a colonel that this is a good idea?

Old 07-29-2005, 03:46 PM
Dear 1969Mach -
I'll post your questions and enter an answer after each -

Dear Kobi,

Am I wrong to ask my family to turn off lights in rooms they are not using?

The concept of right and wrong is nebulous to liberals, so before I answer, I need to know your outlook on such things. If you're a lib, then there is no answer to that question. If, however, you are a conservative, and have good common sense, then you know that there is good and bad, and right and wrong, in which case, no, it is not wrong to ask (tell) your family to turn off lights in rooms they are not using.

Should the toilet paper roll off the front side, or back?

Depends if you are north or south of the equator. No, wait, that's what happens to the TP after you flush it . . . Me, I'm an over the top, front side person, and you should be too.

If one of our bathrooms is really mine, do I still have to put the seat down just cuz my wife uses it sometimes?

Is your wife a double arm amputee? If not, she can put her seat down herself. Does she put it up for you? If she does, then ignore my answer and return the courtesy.

Could genetics play a part in my Son's love for Chevy products when his Dad bleeds Ford Blue? He looks just like me, so I know he's not the milk man's.

If you bleed blue, see a doctor. Honestly, I don't understand an undying loyalty to a car brand. That said, I'd still run a blood test on the kid AND the milkman. You can never be too sure.

Is the Illuminati really in control of the "free world"?

Ignoring the fact that controlling and free are exclusive to each other, I can't answer that question because THEY won't let me.

Is there a way to get my dog to lift his leg when he pees so that he won't soak his front paws anymore?

I suggest you hold his leg, but you may not like the consequences.

Should I by that stock in Sun Microsystems like I keep saying I should?

Sun (symbol)SUNW is pretty flat right now. Too bad you didn't buy in Sept of 04. honestly, I'd pass.

Should I sell my F-150 and buy an old beater truck and a new Mustang?

Learn to be happy with what you have.

Should I stay in a Combustion Turbine power plant, or transfer to the new Coal Power Plant next year?

Do you LIVE in the plant? or is this just for work, or do you just hang out in plants?

Who will be the next American Idol?

Refer to the illuminati question . . . THEY do all the choosing.

Why does a vest have no sleeves?

Because they're vests.

Best Wishes -

Kobi

Last edited by kobiashi; 07-29-2005 at 08:20 PM.
Old 07-29-2005, 03:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Now THIS is a useful thread....took all damn day!!!

Old 07-29-2005, 03:53 PM
Dear kobi,
Last night a young fellow posted that he came across a wallet and after a slight struggle over what to do he replaced it and did nothing.

I didn't think the entire episode was even worthy of posting about but since he did, I thought I should provide some guidance. Other posters had a different take on it and gave an online high-five for his lack of action as if it were worthy of praise.

I went to the store today and I didn't steal anything. I could post this at almost everyday but, I don't think it's worthy of note nor would I expect a pat on the back.

He could have done the wrong thing or he could have did the right thing but, he did nothing.

The wrong thing would be bad.
The right thing would be good.

What is nothing and what is it's value in the World today?

I would have thought nothing is less than good.

Am I out of touch?

thanks in advance,
(don't hold back, I can take it)

Dear Raoul -

I suggest you read Jean-Paul Satre's "Being and Nothingness", which pretty much started the whole existentialist movement, and can tell you pretty much what you need to know with regard to philosophy of consciousness and free will.

Hope that helps -
Kobi

Old 07-29-2005, 03:57 PM
Dear Kobi,

I have a similiar problem to the one you described with your GF when dealing with my wife.

I'm a know it all that is always right. (It is a burden I handle well).

My question is how do you know when to give advice to the SO as their signals are obviously not clear. Sometimes they want advice but don't say so and sometimes they want to vent with no advice, asking rhetorical questions right and left. I'm ducking breakables because I'm either too distant or too involved.

Signed,

Hitting the deck.
Vader -
Sure, I could be glib and tell you to "use the force", but that wouldn't help now, would it?
My advice is, be distant when you're supposed to be involved, and be involved when you are supposed to be distant.
This keeps the female of the species off-balance, a condition that they actually prefer as it is normal to them.
This keeps them guessing (they love games) and keeps you one step ahead of whatever it is they will do next.
Kobi -

Last edited by kobiashi; 07-29-2005 at 09:20 PM.
Old 07-29-2005, 04:00 PM
Oh Oh Oh. I got another one.

So the only single admin here at work was just in my cubical. During the course of our conversation, her hootie cans were pressed up against me twice. I've been told not to date co-workers, what should I do? I havent had hootie can contact like this in months.
UC -
Ever since you broke up with your GF you have been obsessed wtih females.
You need to take a vacation from that (women) for a while.

Take up golf, study literature at school, buy a dog. Women are not worth the trouble, and

Especially do NOT get involved with anyone at work, especially if they are your boss or supervisor

Personally, I'd go the Golf route. You pay less money this way and can still experience frustration (if that's what you're into).
Kobi

Quick Reply: Just ask Kobi . . .