Just ask Kobi . . .

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2005, 04:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear Kobi,
I would like very much to take the rest of the afternoon off to drink and play poker, but my boss did not respond well to this. My question is how do I convince a colonel that this is a good idea?
Dear rltripp -

Beer and poker . . . they're two of the things that make America great!

Bribes always worked for me. (both giving and taking).

Not saying it will work, but you might want to consider that route.

Kobi -

Last edited by kobiashi; 08-02-2005 at 11:52 PM.
Old 07-29-2005, 04:05 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Kobi,

I see people that ask questions about their "breaks". Should I try to point out to them that it is "brakes"? I am very concerned that they might pass a road sign that says Brake for Trucks and not understand what it means. These same people usually use there in place of their, but I won't bring that up.

Old 07-29-2005, 04:12 PM
Dear Aunt Kobi

As a 7th Dan "know it all" myself I would just like to add that Farting in front of your wifes mom and sister is acceptable unless it is actually their turn.
In that case, a true gentleman like myself would, of course, let them Fart first.

Hope this clears things up
Dear EnglishAdam -

I could not agree more. Although flatulence in the presence of others is often considered rude, at least one can exhibit some sense of manners and allow those whose turn it is to fart first.

Improtant lesson here kids . . . ALWAYS WAIT YOUR TURN, AND IF YOU ARE NOT SURE IF IT's YOUR TURN, DEFER TO THOSE AROUND YOU.

Thanks for that important point Adam!

Kobi

Last edited by kobiashi; 07-29-2005 at 04:21 PM.
Old 07-29-2005, 04:21 PM
I see people that ask questions about their "breaks". Should I try to point out to them that it is "brakes"? I am very concerned that they might pass a road sign that says Brake for Trucks and not understand what it means. These same people usually use there in place of their, but I won't bring that up.
Dear Blue Jay -

You're fairly new here, so you may not be aware that I am often referred to as the "Grammar ****" as I am always correcting others for their poor grammar. (However in this thread you are probably going to see a lot of mistakes on the part of others I will not correct and probably a lot of mistakes on my part . . . which you won't see often . . . because I am typing as fast as I can and won't proofread).

That said, sure, you could correct them (biggest problem is "then" and "than"), but then you add a burden on yourself, and trust me, it is a heavy burden to bear . . . unless you choose not to make it so, in which case, it isn't.

Personally, I'd suggest you let it slide and figure out a way to get a booster chair so you can take a pic of your dog standing in the bed of your truck and still be visible.

Kobi

Old 07-29-2005, 04:29 PM
Global Moderator &

Originally Posted by kobiashi
Dear Blue Jay -

You're fairly new here, so you may not be aware that I am often referred to as the "Grammar ****" as I am always correcting others for their poor grammar. (However in this thread you are probably going to see a lot of mistakes on the part of others I will not correct and probably a lot of mistakes on my part . . . which you won't see often . . . because I am typing as fast as I can and won't proofread).

That said, sure, you could correct them (biggest problem is "then" and "than"), but then you add a burden on yourself, and trust me, it is a heavy burden to bear . . . unless you choose not to make it so, in which case, it isn't.

Personally, I'd suggest you let it slide and figure out a way to get a booster chair so you can take a pic of your dog standing in the bed of your truck and still be visible.

Kobi
Thank you for your advice. No I do not want to take on the Grammar **** responsibility, but it does grate on me. As to the dog pic. You might not have noticed, she is a Rat Terrier, sometimes referred to as a Feist. There is a reason for that. She is seldom still for a photo. I don't thing she would remain on a booster long enough for a picture. I will just have to work on this project some more.

Old 07-29-2005, 04:31 PM
Dear Kobi

While I do understand the English genteman's point of view on taking turns in flatulence, I would like to introduce my tried and proven method of determination. I beleive that if a man needs to fart this should supercede any women or children in the room in order of importance. The woman should ask the man if he needs to pass gas, and if not, then she may ask permission to expell any residual flatulence. Of course before she can ask for permission, her proverbial "chain" should be yanked by the man giving her permission to speak. What does the great Kobiashi beleive on this matter?

Old 07-29-2005, 04:33 PM
Global Moderator &

Originally Posted by 3valve
Dear Kobi

While I do understand the English genteman's point of view on taking turns in flatulence, I would like to introduce my tried and proven method of determination. I beleive that if a man needs to fart this should supercede any women or children in the room in order of importance. The woman should ask the man if he needs to pass gas, and if not, then she may ask permission to expell any residual flatulence. Of course before she can ask for permission, her proverbial "chain" should be yanked by the man giving her permission to speak. What does the great Kobiashi beleive on this matter?
Rather eloquently stated for someone from Arkansas!

Old 07-29-2005, 04:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dear Kobi, I predict that this thread will set the record for the most replies ever on F150online. I really think sir that you got in waaay over your head on this one but your replies are most entertaining! What are your thoughts on this sir?

Old 07-29-2005, 04:43 PM
Originally Posted by 3valve
Dear Kobi

3valve -
On matters such as this, one must always take into consideration the mores of the society you are in, and in a moe specifice sense, the customs of the people you are amongst at that time.

For example, if you are in public, it is recommended that you defer to the customs of the society at large which you are in. So, for example, if you are in London, and the polite tihng to do is fart in turn, then do that. If however, you are in London, but amongst your own family, or amongst only people whose custom is different, then follows the rules of etiquette that those you are among follow. This way you assure youself that you will be polite and not offend those around you.

If the custom among those you are with is to NOT fart at all, then by all means, hold it in. I know this can be uncomfortable, even painful, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

If the custom you described in your post is normal among your family, or your culture, then by all means, when in the privacy of your own home, abide by those "rules"

Hope that helps
Kobi -

Old 07-29-2005, 04:46 PM
Originally Posted by SAJEFFC
Dear Kobi, I predict that this thread will set the record for the most replies ever on F150online. I really think sir that you got in waaay over your head on this one but your replies are most entertaining! What are your thoughts on this sir?
Dear SAJEFFC -

Too busy typing . . . can't think.

kobi -

Old 07-29-2005, 04:48 PM
Dear Kobi,

Why do they put braille on the buttons of DRIVE-UP ATM's?

Old 07-29-2005, 04:55 PM
Hi Kobi,

Long time listener, first time caller. I really love your show!

Why do you think it is that the members refuse to post page upon page of pictures of their girlfriends/wives for FarmerD44? I have a few theories that are based on things like morality, insecurities about the true beauty of thier better halves (which makes me worry that they may feel the need to post a picture of themselves), and the truth about holding a current relationship at all. These are just my ideas, please enlighten us on your feelings.

Old 07-29-2005, 04:57 PM
Originally Posted by BRUZRs_Daddy
Dear Kobi,

Why do they put braille on the buttons of DRIVE-UP ATM's?

Alright!!!! Now we're getting to the good stuff!

The flip answer is because they can, however, that isn't good enough.

Political correctness has gotten (is that a word?) way out of hand, and when it permeated the bureaucratic monster that is the US Gumment, it dictated that all "injustices" be addressed, no matter how stupid the implementation would be. This is a classic example of the death of common sense. Although, come to think of it, that post recently of that blind kid who plays video games might just justify such weirdness as braille on drive-thru ATMs . . .

but I digress . . .

The machine (government) runs without control and without consequence. Therefore, I suggest that when you can, you take advantage of it. Not that this answers your question, but you get the idea.

kobi -

Old 07-29-2005, 04:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kobiashi
Dear SAJEFFC -

Too busy typing . . . can't think.

kobi -

Old 07-29-2005, 05:04 PM
Originally Posted by baroy
Hi Kobi,

Long time listener, first time caller. I really love your show!

Why do you think it is that the members refuse to post page upon page of pictures of their girlfriends/wives for FarmerD44? I have a few theories that are based on things like morality, insecurities about the true beauty of thier better halves (which makes me worry that they may feel the need to post a picture of themselves), and the truth about holding a current relationship at all. These are just my ideas, please enlighten us on your feelings.

Dear baroy -

I assume you read my reply in his second attempt at the girlfriend thread . . . where I pointed out to him that misdirection in the GD forums is always gonna happen (and I cited how once a post on Nietzsche turned into a debate of car wax).

YOur theories are sound, but honestly, I think that in this specific case, the whole post your girlfriend thing has been done a hundred times and in fact was done recently and as a result people are tired of it and therefore not likely to participate.

It could also be that - and this is just a theory here - that everyone is subconsciously picking up some weird vibe from farmerD44, and are questioning the motives of someone so anxious to post pix of his girlfriend (supposedly) and his anxiousness to see other's GFs. They might be viewing that as some kind of weird, sick, voyeuristic thing and therefore not willing to participate and/or encourage in such stuff.

Regards,

kobi

By the way, thanks for the kind words . . . keep checking in to the "show"

Take care.

Quick Reply: Just ask Kobi . . .