Old 07-29-2005, 05:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kobiashi
Burger King (hi lifeguardjoe!)
I'm at Staples now, Mr Know-it-all

Old 07-29-2005, 05:11 PM
Originally Posted by kobiashi
snip...Therefore, I suggest that when you can, you take advantage of it. Not that this answers your question, but you get the idea.

kobi -
Are you saying I should learn braille, then start closing my eyes really tightly and then drive up?

Old 07-29-2005, 05:15 PM
Originally Posted by lifeguardjoe
I'm at Staples now, Mr Know-it-all

Dear Joe -

Thanks for checking in. I knew that . . . just checking to see if you're paying attention.

Take care,

Kobi

Old 07-29-2005, 05:17 PM
Originally Posted by BRUZRs_Daddy
Are you saying I should learn braille, then start closing my eyes really tightly and then drive up?
Well, that's one interpretation . . .

It's not exactly what I had in mind, however, if you choose to do that (and actually, I don't recommend it), but if you do, get back to me and let me know how that turned out.

Kobi -

Old 07-29-2005, 05:19 PM
If I am in my 04/05 F150 driving in outer space and traveling at the spead of light and then turn on my stock headlights, would they cast a beam of light ahead of me? What if I modded them to HID headlights with Silverstar fogs and chrome covered turn signals? If, then yes, would the light beam be wider and brighter thus safer to drive in outer space?

Old 07-29-2005, 05:29 PM
Originally Posted by baroy
If I am in my 04/05 F150 driving in outer space and traveling at the spead of light and then turn on my stock headlights, would they cast a beam of light ahead of me? What if I modded them to HID headlights with Silverstar fogs and chrome covered turn signals? If, then yes, would the light beam be wider and brighter thus safer to drive in outer space?

Oh please . . . honestly, if you were driving in outer space at the speed of light, would you stll have stock headlights???? And this begs the question, even if you had a Lightning (how appropriate is THAT model name?) what type of mods do you have to achieve that speed . . . and what if you were going faster than the speed of light?

Be that as it may . . .

Although I don't know squat about physics, didn't Einstein in his "The Electrodynamics of Moving Bodies" postulate that the speed of light is the same for all observers, regardless of their motion relative to the light source? Therefore, no matter how fast you're moving, you would observe things just as you always would, in other words, you would see the physical laws behaving just as they always would behave, so yes, you would see the light being just ahead of you, even if you modded them to HID headlights with Silverstar fogs and chrome covered turn signals . . . in fact, especially so. And yes, the beam would still be wider and brighter and thus safer to drive in outer space with.

Remember SAFETY FIRST, so go for those hid and silverstars, because that's what you're really asking, isn't it? Should you buy HIDs and Silverstars. And the answer is yes!

Hope that helps.

Kobi

Last edited by kobiashi; 07-29-2005 at 05:33 PM.
Old 07-29-2005, 05:45 PM
Man, it sure is hard to have an intellectual conversation around here!

Bravo sir, bravo! I could do this all day, but I would hate for you to pick up some "creepy vibes" from my repeated posts. Plus I know you have more important and pressing matters to devote your time... such as family flatulence.

Old 07-29-2005, 05:56 PM
kobi,

lets say you are in an office on monday and someone says 'the meeting will be on the second floor, in my office, next wednesday.'

if that was all you had to consider as far as the date is concerned, would you think the meeting would be held:

a) two days later, which in fact would be the next wednesday that would happen, or

b) a week from 2 days later which would be the 'next' wednesday, after 'this coming' wednesday.

bottom line is, when is next wednesday?

Old 07-29-2005, 06:00 PM
Location: Lost some where in the middle of the Ozark Mountains!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dear kobiashi,
In reply to Lost In Space, I would like to further dove into this subject. Once I discover the mods that I will need to accomplish this feat I am anxiuous to attmept it. My concern is Radio Frequencies or RF for short. RF travel at the speed of light which is about 700 million miles an hour "in a vaccum". But both are a little slower in space do to friction of dust particles, moisture, and other atmospheric variables. But for this example we will assume that there is nothing in space except a big vaccum so light can travel it's full known speed of 700 million miles an hour. So If I'm traveling 700,000,025 miles per hour then would I be picking up radio or TV stations in reverse transmition? So would everything I recive be backwards? Would this also mean that radio communication would be worthless because of the lag time in response? (Technically I would never recieve thoer transmistion because it would not beable to catch up to me) So wouldn't this eliminate the radio control tower at NASA? Putting all those people out of work yet at the same time saving us tax payers dollars for thier wages?

I apologize in advace for the typos or missed grammer, as always I did not proof read this post.

Last edited by PSS-Mag; 07-29-2005 at 06:06 PM.
Old 07-29-2005, 06:01 PM
Dear Kobi,

I have a few questions

-Why do people ruin cars by putting huge rims with spinners and skinny tires on cars like a Crown Victoria and then lifting the car so it is 4 feet in the air?

-Why does it seem everywhere I go, there is road construction?

-Why is it so freaking hot in Florida?

-Why does my city try and build up one small area to attract more people, but neglect huge areas of the city that are crime infested and full of slums and full of empty dilapidated buildings that end up turning people away?

-Why is one of my coworkers so dumb at doing his job when he's been here almost a year now?

-Why do people pull into drive up atms backwards? (I work on ATM's and have yet to figure this out, also I have never figured out the braille on drive ups either)

-Why can't people learn how to merge into moving traffic? Why can't people learn how to drive period?

Oh great Kobi, these are just a few questions I have. Please give me some answers so I may be able to understand these things better

Old 07-29-2005, 06:07 PM
Originally Posted by billycouldride
kobi,
lets say you are in an office on monday and someone says 'the meeting will be on the second floor, in my office, next wednesday.'

if that was all you had to consider as far as the date is concerned, would you think the meeting would be held:

a) two days later, which in fact would be the next wednesday that would happen, or

b) a week from 2 days later which would be the 'next' wednesday, after 'this coming' wednesday.

bottom line is, when is next wednesday?
Hi Billy -

First, I think we need to break that sentence down further because you're missing a really important part . . . in other words, I think you're focusing on the wrong thing.

Let's review:

You worte:

"lets[sic] say you are in an office on monday and someone says 'the meeting will be on the second floor, in my office, next wednesday.'"

Let's foucus on "MY office", because actually, if you meant your office (as in you are speaking and you say "my" office, that would mean you are referring to "your" office) then whether the meeting is the day after tomorrow or a week after that would pretty much be a mute point since, regardless of when it is, you'd know about it since it was in your office . . . unless of course you are never in your office . . . which then raises the question, WHY aren't you in your office? What are you doing? Goofing off? If that's the case, then the new quesiton becomes . . . "Oh crap! Am I going to get fired now that everyone knows - after reading it in a public forum - that I goof off at work and am never in my office?"

Don't try to misdirect us by asking confusing questions . . . we know you're not working ike you're supposed to.

Now get back to work and be a good boy!

Kobi -

Old 07-29-2005, 06:11 PM
Originally Posted by PSS-Mag
Dear kobiashi,
In reply to Lost In Space, I would like to further dove into this subject. Once I discover the mods that I will need to accomplish this feat I am anxiuous to attmept it. My concern is Radio Frequencies or RF for short. RF travel at the speed of light which is about 700 million miles an hour "in a vaccum". But both are a little slower in space do to friction of dust particles, moisture, and other atmospheric variables. But for this example we will assume that there is nothing in space except a big vaccum so light can travel it's full known speed of 700 million miles an hour. So If I'm traveling 700,000,025 miles per hour then would I be picking up radio or TV stations in reverse transmition? So would everything I recive be backwards? Would this also mean that radio communication would be worthless because of the lag time in response? (Technically I would never recieve thoer transmistion because it would not beable to catch up to me) So wouldn't this eliminate the radio control tower at NASA? Putting all those people out of work yet at the same time saving us tax payers dollars for thier wages?

I apologize in advace for the typos or missed grammer, as always I did not proof read this post.
PSS -
Wow, this is interesting! It's interesting because I was just wondering if you traveled BACKWARDS at the speed of light or faster, what would happen then? And of course, your questions anwsers this!!! By traveling backwards at the speed of light or faster, everything (RF tranmisiions, etc.) would be forward . . . in their proper format, thereby eliminating any problems that would result from what you mentioned, unemployment, realtiy ceasing to exist, etc.

So see, just travel backwards at the S.O.L or faster and all will be good.

Hope this helps

Kobi -

Last edited by kobiashi; 07-29-2005 at 06:33 PM.
Old 07-29-2005, 06:28 PM
Originally Posted by paulv107
Dear Kobi,

I have a few questions

-Why do people ruin cars by putting huge rims with spinners and skinny tires on cars like a Crown Victoria and then lifting the car so it is 4 feet in the air?

-Why does my city try and build up one small area to attract more people, but neglect huge areas of the city that are crime infested and full of slums and full of empty dilapidated buildings that end up turning people away?

-Why is one of my coworkers so dumb at doing his job when he's been here almost a year now?

-Why do people pull into drive up atms backwards? (I work on ATM's and have yet to figure this out, also I have never figured out the braille on drive ups either)

-Why can't people learn how to merge into moving traffic? Why can't people learn how to drive period?

Oh great Kobi, these are just a few questions I have. Please give me some answers so I may be able to understand these things better
Hi Paul,
No need to bow, this is what I'm here for -

I'll repost your questions and answer each in the body of the text.

Many people think this is a racial/cultural issue, but I'm here to assure you it isn't. It all has to do with feeling inadequate with regard to one's genitals / sexual prowess. It's really that simple. Next time you see some guy driving around with a wing or spinners, just know that his ****smanship is subpar (if females are driving vehicles so equipped, then they are either flat chested or feel they are ugly).

Because there is. All local and state governments have secret mandates to cause as much trouble to drivers as they possibly can. Otherwise their reason-d'etre would cease to be.

Because if it wasn't it would be unbearable in Nova Scotia. I see you're in N. Florida (It's OK to admit you live in Jacksonville). Just know that becasue of your selfless acceptance of the heat and humidity, Canadians are enjoying a better life. Way to go!

We could write volumes on the (so called) reasons taht governments do things. Just know that the interests of those with, and behind, the money are served before all others. Although you may have the pie,it is others that are "eating it."

Just know that in relative terms, ALL co-workers are dumb. That is one of the immutable laws of nature. If you get upset by it then you have been defeated in the test that God is subjecting us to. So, let it go, and be happy in the knowledge that YOU are smart, and everyone else is dumb. Oh yeah, it may also be that they are just retarded . . .not "just" dumb. I know that it is not PC, to say retarded, but face it, some folks are just RETARDED!!!

Maybe the braille was intended for those same people. Honestly, I've never seen this (people driving up into ATMs backwards). Are you sure you're not facing the wrong way? You might want to confirn this before assuming that they are driving backwards.

Hey . . . one question at a time! One answer will suffice for both. People, in general, are stupid.

Hope this helps -

Kobi

Last edited by kobiashi; 07-29-2005 at 06:35 PM.
Old 07-29-2005, 06:30 PM
maybe thats why i am no longer advancing at my place of employment.

i dont know when next wednesday is either.

(by the way, i have the 'les nesman' walls in my office. dont offer much privacy, but the room is nice and airy)

Old 07-29-2005, 06:37 PM
Originally Posted by billycouldride
i dont know when next wednesday is either.
I can only help you figure out when next Wednesday is once we determine which office the meeting is in.

One step at a time.

Kobi -

Quick Reply: Just ask Kobi . . .