Roush off road sound level?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 06:45 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by BalogUK
rockin! give it a couple months and it will loosen up - will be noticeably louder when you gun it... mike roth treat you right?
Yeah. He's a stand up guy. The delay in shipment was on the Roush end of things. WDBWA.

Old 11-01-2007, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Copenhagen848
Sweet, it will sound even better after a few hundred miles. I take my tips off during the winter - road salt is the devil
Tips will stay on. No Detroit road salt here.

I'm already looking forward to driving it again. It's funny, the truck has a cam lope now. Who'd have thunk it.

Last edited by Stealth; 11-01-2007 at 06:52 PM.
Old 11-01-2007, 07:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Stealth
I'm still trying to figure that out. I'm sure it is too loud for some, just fine to others....
Thanks. I'm still trying to figure out which one to get. I was going to get the Roush off-road but the way you have described, I think it will be too loud for my liking.

Last edited by ramnj; 11-01-2007 at 07:23 PM.
Old 11-01-2007, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by ramnj
Thanks. I'm still trying to figure out which one to get. I was going to get the Roush off-road but the way you have described, I think it will be too loud for my liking.
Yeah, I know how you feel. I was on the fence for a long time deciding between the Roush legal and offroad exhausts and that's why I started this thread. I knew the legal kit would be fine sound wise, and knew the offroad kit would be louder. I then figured WTH, go for it, and I am happy with my decision.

The main thing I'm happy about is I have always liked how a muscle car sounds and never had one, now I have that sound with my truck.

Old 11-01-2007, 09:40 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
You will love your Roush Exhaust! I installed mine in early June, & I get a big grin every time I start up the truck, especially in the morning on a cold start
or when I floor it on the highway passing somebody!!! It gives the truck such personality, it's all determined by your right foot.... There is a break in period, mine is louder now than when new, I have the legal system, & am happy with the amount of sound from it.....

Old 11-01-2007, 11:13 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Awesome! Waiting for some sound clips. What makes this kit "not legal"?

Old 11-01-2007, 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by ian51279
Awesome! Waiting for some sound clips. What makes this kit "not legal"?
A 10" muffler.

It's off road, not not legal.

Old 11-01-2007, 11:46 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Stealth
A 10" muffler.

It's off road, not not legal.
Gotcha. I heard people calling the other one the "legal" kit. So I figured the off road was "non legal".

Old 11-02-2007, 12:31 AM
Hey, and the weather cain't be any better for crankin' the windows down and enjoyin' that rumble!!

See if ya can hit a couple WOT's and tell us how that sounds.. Freakin roars I'll bet!!

Old 11-02-2007, 12:50 AM

I would, but I don't want another window regulator to break.

It sounds pretty awesome. My first experience with a high quality exhaust.

Old 11-02-2007, 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by ian51279
Gotcha. I heard people calling the other one the "legal" kit. So I figured the off road was "non legal".
They list one as Roush legal exhaust and the other as Roush off road exhaust.

I assume the legal kit is on Roush Ford dealership vehicles.

Old 11-02-2007, 12:53 AM
So I've been debating with myself for a long time between the MAgnaFlow 16112 and this kit, And the Magnaflow is going to end up running me about $400 + shipping

I see this is $430 plus shipping.

Are you happy with the investment?

I want the nice beefy deep tone to it, but I dont want something so loud Im gonna get sick of it. That said, Im 16 and blast my music to the point where Im sure I wont even hear it, but, what do you think?

Feel it was worth it?

Also, is it easy to do yourself? I have only a limited selection of handtools, and in this case would probably have to take it to a shop and have them do it.....

Couldn't even do the Autospring myself.

Old 11-02-2007, 12:58 AM
Originally Posted by Favre
So I've been debating with myself for a long time between the MAgnaFlow 16112 and this kit, And the Magnaflow is going to end up running me about $400 + shipping

I see this is $430 plus shipping.

Are you happy with the investment?

I want the nice beefy deep tone to it, but I dont want something so loud Im gonna get sick of it. That said, Im 16 and blast my music to the point where Im sure I wont even hear it, but, what do you think?

Feel it was worth it?

Also, is it easy to do yourself? I have only a limited selection of handtools, and in this case would probably have to take it to a shop and have them do it.....

Couldn't even do the Autospring myself.
I can tell ya this.. I've got a friend that bought a Magnaflow SI/SO kit for his '02 Scab, didn't want to mess with installing it himself.. he took it to a Meineke and they charged him $70 to do it.. took like 30 minutes..

So probably a little more to run dual outs, but still not bad I thought... I put my Borla on myself and it took me a couple hours..

Old 11-02-2007, 12:59 AM

Favre,

I feel it was worth it. I DIY'd the kit with hand tools, but I'm an aircraft mechanic, so it was rather simple.

I was kind of astonished by the sound compared to my 18" magnaflow I had on there. I was going to get a magnaflow 16616, but went with the Roush because the stainless is high quality 34, not 409 like magnaflow uses.

I'd ask around more if I were you. Maybe make a thread asking your concerns to get more opinions.

Old 11-02-2007, 01:13 AM
Yeah Im just deciding between the two, because honestly, If its as you describe, that nice deep meaty sound, thats exactly what I want....

Im thinking I might end up going with this kit.

Any idea how it will work out on my truck?

2007 F-150, Supercrew with the 5.5' bed....All compatible and whatnot?

Im leaning toward this kit, assuming all is compatible

Quick Reply: Roush off road sound level?