tuner for 2012 ecoboost

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2013, 11:54 PM
glc
Received 763 Likes on 706 Posts
The P1000 code does not tell the dealer that it's been flashed, all that tells them is the memory has been cleared (such as by disconnecting the battery) and the drive cycles required for all sensor readiness haven't been completed.

Let's see - K&N, aftermarket MAF, TB spacer, and a Bully Dog? You must hate your truck, those are all junk.

Old 11-17-2013, 12:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was new to upgrading my 2006 f-150 5.4L and believed all the hype in the products I purchased. It did runner better and faster but was it worth all the $$ I spent on all my upgrades? I say no, but even with the cheap bully dog tuner it did run better and faster than stock. I did burn up 3 coil packs and had 1 cat replaced. So if my upgrades were junk then what do you recommend for my new F-150 ecoboost? What tuner do you think will give me the best performance for the $$ with the least engine problems associated with the cheap tuners.

Old 11-17-2013, 01:07 AM
glc
Received 763 Likes on 706 Posts
Only one answer - Livernois.

Old 11-17-2013, 01:28 AM
Originally Posted by glc
Only one answer - Livernois.
I have seen good reviews of livernois. I have 29k miles now and not worried about the warranty but more about the problems with the engine and transmission with aggressive tunes because everyone loves the performance but no one likes to spend $$ for repairs. I am just worried things will break faster with a custom tune vs stock. I love to race others from light to light and go fast as the truck can but limited to 100 mph right now because of the speed limiter and curious how fast this new 3.5L EcoBoost can go, my old 5.4L could do 126 MPH. No guts no glory lol

Old 11-18-2013, 08:57 PM
I have been up to 130 in mine playing on the interstate.

Old 11-18-2013, 09:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd check out one of the other f150 sites for info on livernois, looks like some of the motors are starting to grenade unfortunately (I am not trying to scare anyone, just posting what I've read on the innnernett so take it for what it's worth). At first their tuning appeared bulletproof but I am not so sure now. Sounds like they don't offer any datalogging support after the sale which is probably more important to the ecoboost than any other motor right now. Knock and boost (spikes) need to be monitored and dialed in for each individual motor so datalogging is crucial to say the least. I'll let google be your friend from this point...

sorry if I sound like debbie the downer

Old 11-19-2013, 05:58 AM
Only ones that are having issues are the guys who are using methanol / Nitrous and are trying to push the envelope to see what the EB will hold.

Old 12-01-2013, 10:54 PM
Originally Posted by DiabloMike
I'm not assuming anything...

I am saying that the info you are presenting is not correct in regards to our tuning products. There is no way for anyone to prove that you used one of our flash tuners on your PCM once it has been returned to stock.

We have all the same tools a tech has at the dealership, and then some. We would never release anything that left a big red flag saying "I have been tuned".

I didn't mean to attack your tuner of choice, but I'm getting the impression that this info may be coming from that direction? If no, please let me know.

It should be noted that not all tuners work the same way, so blanket statements should not be made regarding how they work. If you have specific info regarding how a specific programmer works, that should be clarified.

Thanks

I in no way asking for you to advertise for the competition but I would assume the big three (Edge, Diablo, SCT) all behave in a similar way?

Quick Reply: tuner for 2012 ecoboost