tuner for 2012 ecoboost

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 04:46 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Good deal, what level of gains do you think the driveline can handle before things go boom?

Old 02-15-2012, 05:23 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So far its looking like about 60-65 HP and 100 or so extra ft/lbs is a safe bet.

While making the power will be easy on these, there will be a lot to be said for how smoothly the power is delivered, and how drivable it is with the tune, more so than with any previous N/A applications. This is where proper development will be the key

Old 02-15-2012, 06:27 PM
Is there any idea when it might be released ? I know for a fact that if a vehicle is properly tuned there SHOULDN'T be any issues with reliablilty, I mean some things are gonna break regardless of what is done to the vehicle. MP

Old 02-15-2012, 06:49 PM
@ DiabloMike Also what intake do y'all recommend using with you're programmer ?

Old 02-15-2012, 07:07 PM
@DiabloMike- Besides appearance and price am I missing something, what's the difference between the Trinity and the inTune?

Old 02-17-2012, 10:57 AM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by TOOLOUD
Is there any idea when it might be released ? I know for a fact that if a vehicle is properly tuned there SHOULDN'T be any issues with reliablilty, I mean some things are gonna break regardless of what is done to the vehicle. MP
No ETA, but my guys are playing with the PCM currently

Originally Posted by TOOLOUD
@ DiabloMike Also what intake do y'all recommend using with you're programmer ?
Honestly haven't looked into them at all yet...

Originally Posted by FXBlackOut
@DiabloMike- Besides appearance and price am I missing something, what's the difference between the Trinity and the inTune?
Trinity is a full color, dash mounted monitor device, designed to be left plugged in to view gauges or use the virtual dragstrip while driving, in addition to being a full function flash tuner. It also has 2 analog inputs, SD card support, datalogs, etc.

The inTune is designed as a replacement for the long running Predator, with an entry level price point ($389) and simple tuning functions. It does have some powerful features like analog inputs, auto updating software built in, and its super fast, just doesn;t have the fancy gauges and drag strip stuff built in. It also logs, clears codes, etc.

Thanks

Old 02-17-2012, 11:56 AM
Awesome ! ! Keep us posted cause I want one

Old 02-17-2012, 11:58 AM
I will prolly get the Ingen intake for mine as soon as y'all see what the programmer will do with a intake installed

Old 02-21-2012, 09:10 PM
Anybody have a cai installed yet ? How does it perform. Now vs before the cai ? Fuel economy get better or worse ?

Old 02-24-2012, 12:37 PM
There is a difference between being able to tell if the PCM was flashed, and being able to tell WHAT was changed when it was flashed.

Those of you looking for a tune for your EB, I would very strongly recommend taking a look at the tuner listed in my sig for my SHO. I put over 20k miles on my SHO using different variations of their tunes, without a single issue. They have tuned some of the quickest EB powered vehicles on the planet, and also provide some of the best customer service on the planet.

I look forward to seeing what Diablo can do with this platform. Some of their past stuff has been very nice, and they also provide great support.

Old 03-03-2012, 12:08 AM
I want the power, but would easily sacrifice 10-15HP to maintain smooth drivability and be easier on the transmission. I am more worried about the transmission than the engine. Getting the pressures right and proper operation might be more difficult than making power.

For everyday use, I would rather keep the power band down low and spool the turbos up even sooner, than to have alot more up top.

Old 03-03-2012, 09:49 AM
Originally Posted by DiabloMike
You have to admit you made a ridiculous request, sorry you dont like our claim or how we fail to back it up I guess.

Bottom line is, there was some misinformation being posted here. I made the mistake of attempting to clarify it, and some how I am the bad guy, its all good, just another day on the internetz for me
I guess you could him happy if you offered to commit harry karry in the middle of main street if an engine with your tuner ever stalls, caughs or hickups!

Old 03-03-2012, 10:28 AM
The rumors going around in the Diesel community is that Dealers are getting a little bit smarter about where they look to "try" and prove you have a tuner on your truck. They look at stored values like peak boost, fuel pressure, and even the amount of times you've used the lock/unlock button on your keypad. If boost number stored are higher than stock they can try and assume you have had a tuner on your truck. I was also told they look at the number of times your PCM has been flashed. I'm not claiming to know more than Mike, but these are just things that people are claiming. A lot of the time it's just the dealers trying to get out of covering the cost of repairs.

Old 03-03-2012, 01:44 PM
This reminds me of my father's truck, 2011 F150 EB. He had the truck for a few months and got a check engine light just recently. He brought into ford and they found out it was a bad coil. When the dealership called him back, they told them it was the coil and that the truck had been doing 93 mph at one point and were deciding if they should cover the T&M under warranty or not. He told them it wasn't there business too know how fast he went and they had this truck towing a 11,000lb trailer at full speed around a race truck for 24 hours.

End Result, they fixed it under warranty

Old 03-03-2012, 07:05 PM
glc
Received 763 Likes on 706 Posts
If they don't want him to do 93 mph they should set the speed limiter lower.

Quick Reply: tuner for 2012 ecoboost