TP JLT Custom Tune

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 12:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TP JLT Custom Tune

Mr. Troyer will you custom tune for this JLT intake? Care to list pros and cons of this setup?

Old 05-09-2006, 08:03 AM
You will get a much faster & better response if you give them a call.

Old 05-09-2006, 01:54 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
You'll need to call us to go over the details on this, our number is listed below for your convenience.

And no, it is not a setup that we care for or recommend, for reasons I am not going to debate here - just give us a call for the details, & thanks for your post!

Old 05-09-2006, 04:21 PM
Originally Posted by Superchips_Distributor
You'll need to call us to go over the details on this, our number is listed below for your convenience.

And no, it is not a setup that we care for or recommend, for reasons I am not going to debate here - just give us a call for the details, & thanks for your post!
Mike,
I don't think that is fair to Jay's or any product for that matter that you have not tested or used and then say that you don't recommend it but won't discuss why on the thread. You can't have it both ways- you say you don't recommend it but not want to discuss it-why make the "I don't recommend it" statement if you are not willing to back up your statement?

I am not looking to start a JLT vs Troyer war, just looking for a fair and level playing field that supports both potential customers and vendors.

Greg

Old 05-09-2006, 04:53 PM
Originally Posted by Superchips_Distributor

Mike, it's a shame you make this comment and assumpsion about a product you have never seen or tested.

I feel your giving your customers and me a great dis-service making "end of the story" comments about something you've never tested.

I have tested it and know it works. I also would not dismiss a Airaid or AF1 as I have never tested one ...yet

Sorry you feel this way.

Jay Tucker
JLT Performance Inc.

BTW, Pat williamson, no need to get a custom tune from anyone, as the great tuners at SCT did a tune for the JLT and it works great!

Old 05-09-2006, 05:03 PM
Did I miss something? Where in his reply did he say he has never tested one?

Old 05-09-2006, 05:12 PM
Originally Posted by Lago_F150
Did I miss something? Where in his reply did he say he has never tested one?
I sell direct and know who has them.
They also were just released.
Thanks,

Jay

Old 05-09-2006, 06:37 PM
Without a rebuttal concrete admiration could quickly turn to smoke and mirrors!

Old 05-09-2006, 06:58 PM
Mike you are so mean....waaaaa.

Give me a break. This is a forum, he can post whatever he wants as long as it complies with the rules. Call him up if you want to discuss the product. He is probably doing the manufacturer a favor by not talking about it. I've never heard Mike talk about something he doesn't know about.

Old 05-09-2006, 08:04 PM
Originally Posted by kr1mson k1ng
Mike you are so mean....waaaaa.

Give me a break. This is a forum, he can post whatever he wants as long as it complies with the rules. Call him up if you want to discuss the product. He is probably doing the manufacturer a favor by not talking about it. I've never heard Mike talk about something he doesn't know about.
Well then we have a first! Re-read the post from Troyer where he says he does not recommend it. How can he either recommend or not recommend a product he has never seen, used or tested? Know your facts before you bang on the keyboard.....

Old 05-09-2006, 08:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by greg hazlett
Well then we have a first! Re-read the post from Troyer where he says he does not recommend it. How can he either recommend or not recommend a product he has never seen, used or tested? Know your facts before you bang on the keyboard.....
Perhaps you should know the facts...Do you think Mike spends all his time sitting in Virginia? Think that maybe since he is the oldest Superchips "tuning" dealer that he may have spent some time at thier location???? Are you aware of his affiliation with Superchips, or SCT, or any of the "other" performance enhancing manufacturers?? I didn't think so.. Mike would not just randomly make a statement concerning anyones products if he was not well aware of "all' the issues involved...Trust me...He has spent literally thousands of hours R&D'ing every possible power enhancing product for these vehicles, and any other he provides components for...

Last edited by Marc Carpenter; 05-09-2006 at 08:14 PM.
Old 05-09-2006, 08:24 PM
Making a blanket statement that Mike does not recommend the product when Jay knows he has sold the truck kits to leads me to believe that Mike has not tested the kit himself, therefore I do not think it is a good business practice for one vendor to say negative comments about another person's products. If Mike said that he purchased a kit and tested it against the AF1 or other CAI's and he had facts to back his statement up then that is a different story. Mike Troyer uses SCT; Jay's CAI is coupled with SCT's Xcal II; I understand that a lot of people here haves used Mike's products and services and have had positive results with him and that is great. I would hope as professional as Troyer sounds when answering questions on here that he would understand how unprofessional it sounded when he made the statement he did.

Old 05-09-2006, 08:50 PM
Marc, you seem to know more about what TP has tested then he does.

As I'm the only maker of the JLT I know for sure he has not tested one, which again is unprofessional to make the statement he did without all the data. I had all intentions of talking to Mike about this and seeing if he's interested in checking it out, but as of now I see minds are made up without seeing.

I'm well aware of the deal here at 150 and am seeing it first hand.
It's a shame we all can't be open minded and accept a new product for our vehicles with open arms before we pass judgment. Seems here if your not with xxx you get slammed.

This is too bad for the new F-150 owners on the scene who just what info, good informtative info on there truck and the products offered for it. Once someone asks a question about something xxx doesn't sell, it's all pit bulls attack. Just sad. How many people need to be banned form one site for shareing there views and opninons??

We've been through it with the 05 GT crowd as well and look what happened there, #1 in 3rd party magazine testing.
Have fun in fight

Jay

Old 05-10-2006, 01:49 PM
I've read some other posts on here and seems to me that if TP doesn't sell or endorse a certain product he tends to talk bad about it. If he's never tested it or even wants to test it he shouldn't say anything at all about it or even post on it at all. JLT makes some good products and stands behind them so I don't think Jay would make something just to sell. I have his kit for an 06 GT and love it. If there is any problems with it he'll work it out. The 1st GT kits had a problem with the filters coming off and he got right to work and fixed it.

I've come to learn to look over Troyer's posts on alot of things because of his reputation of downing good products he doesn't sell. When the Edge first came out he put it down and now that he's selling them personally you'll see no more about it. Don't worry about it Jay I'm on your side and hopefully more will come over.

Old 05-10-2006, 02:27 PM
Originally Posted by turboscrew2005
I've read some other posts on here and seems to me that if TP doesn't sell or endorse a certain product he tends to talk bad about it. If he's never tested it or even wants to test it he shouldn't say anything at all about it or even post on it at all. JLT makes some good products and stands behind them so I don't think Jay would make something just to sell. I have his kit for an 06 GT and love it. If there is any problems with it he'll work it out. The 1st GT kits had a problem with the filters coming off and he got right to work and fixed it.

I've come to learn to look over Troyer's posts on alot of things because of his reputation of downing good products he doesn't sell. When the Edge first came out he put it down and now that he's selling them personally you'll see no more about it. Don't worry about it Jay I'm on your side and hopefully more will come over.
Thanks for the kind words.
Your right, I do stand behind my products and have much faith and pride in them. Your also right in what you see here and am glad your true enough enough to speak them.

Jay

Quick Reply: TP JLT Custom Tune