TP JLT Custom Tune

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2006, 06:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by greg hazlett
240hp/290tq stock and after the JLT CAI and SCT tune it made 270 hp 360 tq with a peak tq reading of 390 tq @ 2100 rpm's. Did not let the truck cool down and on the back to back rum it made 265 hp and 340 tq with a peak tq of 370. I can post the dyno sheet if needed.
www.jlttruecoldair.com or call 757-335-1940.
Greg

Im not understanding your numbers. You say 270 hp 360 tq with a peak torque of 390? WTF?? The 360 IS your peak torque!!! other wise you would say "270 hp 390 tq". Please clarify.

Also, how about a full page view of the dynosheets on JLT website. The only one i found was a shrunken down version that no one can read except the Bold Peak number.

For the record, I dont have any doubt that a good tuner can create a program for ANY ram air kit. If someone can do it for 12 lbs of boost, i would expect them to be able to accommodate for a little ram air action.

Old 05-12-2006, 06:32 AM
Expi

F-150

Guys, Ram Air is a name. It's a filter on a pipe like the rest, just differant in look. It doesn't have a magical "ramming" powers.

Old 05-12-2006, 06:59 AM
Originally Posted by Tucker1154
Guys, Ram Air is a name. It's a filter on a pipe like the rest, just differant in look. It doesn't have a magical "ramming" powers.
I want the one with magical "ramming" powers

Old 05-12-2006, 07:09 AM
Originally Posted by gonecampin
I want the one with magical "ramming" powers
I'll get working on it.

Old 05-12-2006, 07:43 AM
WMS made a ram air system for the new mustangs work. Either with a tune or without so why is it not recommended for the trucks. Same motor, same maf, same principal.

As far as earning respect, I think Jay deserves some at least. He comes up with the intake systems and test them which I'm sure isn't an easy thing to do on these newer motors and computers. He works hard to make them work and work right. TP only buys stuff from other companies and comes up with tunes to prevent engine lights and then sells them. While that is work, it's not as much as someone independent like Jay does to sell his products. Jay is the maunfacturer, warehouse and seller in one. That's how he makes a living so I dont' think he's going to make something to jeopardize his livelyhood. TP only has to buy product from other companies and sell it. How hard is that?

I give respect where respect is due. I give respect to TP for customer service and his ability with his tunes. I give respect to Jay for his hard work, dedication and willingness to introduce different products into the playing field. Who wants the same stuff that 1000 trucks within the next city has? It's all about what you like and what someone else wants. Not what one vendor recommends or not.

Old 05-12-2006, 08:08 AM
Now, the following isn't suggesting anything, its simply pointing something out. These are from the JLT testimonial pages

I went with a K&N before, then replaced it with a JLT CAI and I gained 20whp, 12ft/lbs of torque. Also gained about 1.5MPH from the JLT..
Big T
Yeah, we all know there's 20HP to be had from a hot air intake. (as Kenne Bell likes to call them)

I dynoed a BBK CAI which is close to the MAC design vs. a JLT CAI on the same day and same dyno. the JLT gained 11 hp and 7 tq. All I can say is the JLT is GREAT!!
Godstang
Thats great, and even believeable, but a key piece of information is left out. What did the other intake produce?

I just installed my RAI last night and on my drive to work I was hitting right at 10lb boost. Stock I was only at 8.
Really? I'd like to know how an air filter increased boost. I'll take 100 of those

Like I said, I'm not knocking anything cause I haven't tried any of them. But some of those comments (I just posted a few) leave out pertinant information. And some of them make wild azz claims that simply aren't possibly true. people on the same kinds of cars claim 15HP dyno proven differences in HP numbers. This didn't really have much to do with the title of the thread, just pointing it out.

Old 05-12-2006, 08:24 AM
Originally Posted by 98Navi
Really? I'd like to know how an air filter increased boost. I'll take 100 of those .
When you open a restricted air way on a S/C engine the S/C can get more air and the result is more boost.
Please try again.

Old 05-12-2006, 09:13 AM
How about showing the A/F ratios? I think the whole undercurrent of doubt regarding your product is related to how the a/f ratio is controlled. If i think that you can show that, you can quiet some of the dissention around here.

Nice numbers. Why is the hp curve crooked and not the torque curve? I'm not trying to be negative, but i would like to know for my own purposes. I was thinking it was loggoing as you got up to speed but that doesnt explain the tq curve.

Old 05-12-2006, 09:20 AM
Stock a/f was 14:1, mid 12's throughout with the tune/intake, I think 12:8 low to mid and then richened to 12:4 at top.

Old 05-12-2006, 09:46 AM
Originally Posted by Tucker1154
Have you seen another product like this??
Please, re read my post, he has not tested this product. This is the fact, sorry if that's hard to believe.

To dismiss a product without testing it is not (in your words exactly) "proffesional"
Keep trying.

Jay
you talk about how unprofessional Mike is being by making a statement.. Well how unprofessional are you for making fun at others spelling....

Old 05-12-2006, 10:16 AM
Originally Posted by gobra
How about showing the A/F ratios? I think the whole undercurrent of doubt regarding your product is related to how the a/f ratio is controlled. If i think that you can show that, you can quiet some of the dissention around here.

Nice numbers. Why is the hp curve crooked and not the torque curve? I'm not trying to be negative, but i would like to know for my own purposes. I was thinking it was loggoing as you got up to speed but that doesnt explain the tq curve.
Unlike many we don't hide any info. I even have a video of the first JLT/SCT run where the exact A/F is seen clear. I can send it to anyone willing to host it.

I'm not sure I'm following you on the HP being crooked. The blue lines are stock and the red are the 2 JLT/SCT runs. The HP looks pretty smooth to me.

There is a dip in TQ on the Expi run, but not the F-150 run. This is due to variances in days and or vehicles. This is nothing that is felt or noticable during driving.

As said, A/F was a solid 12.8 to 12.4 through out. I will try to get the video hosted tonight when I get out of the shop.

Please feel free to ask any question you like, it works great and there is nothing to hide. I wish all companies would show true dyno results on there web sites. Most sites show none. Beware. Claims need to be proven!

Also, there is no need to pick apart my customers testies. There all in there own words and true statements. If that's all you have, please give it a rest.
Thanks
Jay

Last edited by Tucker1154; 05-12-2006 at 10:20 AM.
Old 05-12-2006, 10:17 AM
When you open a restricted air way on a S/C engine the S/C can get more air and the result is more boost.
Please try again.
Even my used powerdyne came with an open element filter. Now, I've tried my best not to be negative towards you or your product. Your origonal shot at this post was mikes alledged negativity towards your products. Your last phrase, "please try again" was rather out of line. Good reason for me not to try your products IMO. I wasn't trying to fault your product. I was stating that a simple filter change isn't going to change 2 full pounds of boost. As a matter of a fact, if a lightning guy would like to chime in here, I'd bet changing the lightning filter assembly out for an open air element wouldn't even add a full +1psi. I'll be happy to engauage you in a "please try again" game, but realize that you're going to loose before we start. I could tear down just about every testimonial you have, but I didn't. I could ask like the rest of the folks on here why your dyno graphs are so small and contain little relevant data other than RPM, HP, and a big red emblazoned number showing peak power. Show the real damn dyno sheet, or please try again.

Old 05-12-2006, 10:25 AM
Originally Posted by 98Navi
Even my used powerdyne came with an open element filter. Now, I've tried my best not to be negative towards you or your product. Your origonal shot at this post was mikes alledged negativity towards your products. Your last phrase, "please try again" was rather out of line. Good reason for me not to try your products IMO. I wasn't trying to fault your product. I was stating that a simple filter change isn't going to change 2 full pounds of boost. As a matter of a fact, if a lightning guy would like to chime in here, I'd bet changing the lightning filter assembly out for an open air element wouldn't even add a full +1psi. I'll be happy to engauage you in a "please try again" game, but realize that you're going to loose before we start. I could tear down just about every testimonial you have, but I didn't. I could ask like the rest of the folks on here why your dyno graphs are so small and contain little relevant data other than RPM, HP, and a big red emblazoned number showing peak power. Show the real damn dyno sheet, or please try again.
Sir, you obviously know nothing about the 03, 04 Cobra or the Lightning, so I will refrain from answering your comments any further.
Before you bang on the keyboard, go to www.SVTperformance.com and ask the silly question "Can a CAI increase boost on my stock Cobra?" See what they say.
Sorry you just don't understand.
It also seems you have never seen a dyno sheet either. Sorry your not going to be a customer of mine. I wish that were differant.

Jay

Old 05-12-2006, 10:37 AM
I'd like to see a dyno sheet also. I'm curious. I want one of those kits.

But on second thought, Troyer has never posted a dyno sheet himself and he gets tons of praise. Jay maybe if you post yours we can have somemore people come on here and basically call you a liar even with proof. Seems like we're fighting a loosing battle.

BTW, if this kit gains as much as the GT kit, I'll be scraping up some coin to get one.

Old 05-12-2006, 11:33 AM
The dyno sheet is posted on www.modularfords.com under the F150 forums, I will see if I can figure out how to host it here.

Quick Reply: TP JLT Custom Tune