TP JLT Custom Tune

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 09:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jay,
Please post some dynos of this truck too. I am really interested to see if this dyno reads high or all the trucks up your way make 240 + hp stock. (Please note: NO SARCASM intended!)

Old 05-16-2006, 04:26 PM
Mike-Jay,
I would like to Volunteer my truck if any Beta testing is required. It shold be a wild ride........Troyer custom tune with JLT intake!!!!!

Old 05-22-2006, 12:07 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Jay,

Thanks very much, & I look forward to hearing back from you - good luck with your next round of testing!

And for 05SilverFX4 - when you get a chance, if you wouldn't mind, please shoot us an email to sales@troyerperformance.com just letting us know you'd like to be considered as a test vehicle, & that way we'll have you on file for this as a possible test participant - and thanks in advance!

Old 05-22-2006, 10:35 PM
Thanks for the opportunity. E-mail sent

Old 05-27-2006, 01:30 AM
JLT and Troyer Stuff

Interesting back and forth, it will be good to see what the outcome is. Perhaps a hybrid JLT/Troyer product who knows. I just got my XCal for my 06 FX4SuperCrew and haven't put it on yet. I will be doing a 3000 mile road trip in August to test out the system. Bone stock from So Cal to Idaho, Troyer tuned on the way back.

Old 05-27-2006, 02:14 AM
Hello Jay;
I have a 2006 f150 with the 4.2ltr. v6 Auto Troyer tuned.I have been looking for a kit for this engine, so far I have had no luck,I have made phone calls to different mfg's with no luck.What can you do for me?I have had 1 tell me maybe in 3 months,that was about 6 weeks back,no other info avail. on that one.I will offer the use of this truck to test also.Just to let you know I believe that a mfg should be able to build,test and offer at the least a prototype in a month, if that mfg. is interested in the project.

Last edited by TSDan; 05-27-2006 at 02:17 AM.
Old 05-28-2006, 11:56 PM
Mike,
Count me in if you need another test vehicle.
Thanks for your consideration,
Andy

Old 05-29-2006, 08:34 PM
Originally Posted by gurney7040
Interesting back and forth, it will be good to see what the outcome is. Perhaps a hybrid JLT/Troyer product who knows. I just got my XCal for my 06 FX4SuperCrew and haven't put it on yet. I will be doing a 3000 mile road trip in August to test out the system. Bone stock from So Cal to Idaho, Troyer tuned on the way back.
gurney740, to be honest you need to install the xcall2 now and not waste anymore time on stock driving,you are missing out on some great times in your ride----trust me, hell trust us!!!

Old 06-07-2006, 04:07 PM
Originally Posted by TSDan
gurney740, to be honest you need to install the xcall2 now and not waste anymore time on stock driving,you are missing out on some great times in your ride----trust me, hell trust us!!!
It's great to read all the positive things Troyer customers are saying. I can't seem to find the time to get it installed. Son seems to be playing baseball or at practice every day. Maybe next week.

Old 06-11-2006, 12:24 PM
Originally Posted by TSDan
Hello Jay;
I have a 2006 f150 with the 4.2ltr. v6 Auto Troyer tuned.I have been looking for a kit for this engine, so far I have had no luck,I have made phone calls to different mfg's with no luck.What can you do for me?I have had 1 tell me maybe in 3 months,that was about 6 weeks back,no other info avail. on that one.I will offer the use of this truck to test also.Just to let you know I believe that a mfg should be able to build,test and offer at the least a prototype in a month, if that mfg. is interested in the project.
I feel it is a sad day that an F150 owner can not draw a responce on an intake setup.JLT you brag about being a leader in the v6 mustang world,here is your chance to be a leader in the v6 f150 world.No responce is all I received.Talk the talk,but I don't see you walking the walk.Guess the v8 triton world has you drooling with thoughts of profits and this little pony just don't have the demand.

Last edited by TSDan; 06-11-2006 at 06:56 PM.
Old 06-11-2006, 01:06 PM
Any results from testing yet!

Old 06-11-2006, 06:27 PM
Originally Posted by mwheue
Any results from testing yet!
this is a link to the only test I found!
https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=241503

Old 06-11-2006, 10:09 PM
TSDAN: That is a review that I gave on the JLT Combo. I still have it installed on my truck and I still like it much better than my old setup. No check engine lights to date and good solid performance. I was wondering more about what Mike T said about dyno testing and possibly being lean at times other than WOT. Sure would be nice to see alittle more testing.

Old 06-11-2006, 10:14 PM
Originally Posted by gurney7040
Please post your trip results. I am real curious to see if you have both a difference in HP and MPG.

Dano

Old 06-22-2006, 09:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Too many opinions and not enough numbers. Jay, you responded with respect and composure on most accounts and that is admirable considering what you're up against. It is also expected of a professional vendor with over 4000 sales in the mustang community. You also need to keep in mind the Mustang community is more likely to test your numbers and hop on a dyno than the average F-150 so their respect is a task on it's own. Don't get me wrong there are many F-150 owners who are aware of numbers but the truth is the stang community is far more concerned.

However there are many like myself who have strapped into a dyno on a few occasions in our F-150 and I haven't seen the numbers you posted with my mods combined so I am very eager to challenge them. I would love to help influence another option if it is an improvement over my current AF1/XCal2 combo, especially if the product is underestimated. I put down 268rwhp and around 330rwtq with the old setup as follows. Exhaust, AF1 Intake, Troyer's Underdrive Pullies, Troyer's Custom Tuned XCal2 and Troyer's Dual 16" DeRale E-fan Setup. I have since removed the pullies (wasn't too fond of their effect) and removed the rear cats. The response "every truck is different" is not going to fly when significant mods are multiplied no matter which way you put it. I started out with above average numbers. I am hoping there is a way I can get my hands on the JLT intake/SCT tune combo and dyno before and after. I'd love to get in contact with you regarding your setup, as you've probably read the results would be unbiased and look forward to your response.

Last edited by Josiah; 06-22-2006 at 09:14 AM.

Quick Reply: TP JLT Custom Tune